Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Saban To Texas

2»

Comments

• Options
    no_uhno_uh Member Posts: 760
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Obviously nobody knows anything 100% for certain here, but I'd still put the odds on him leaving UA for UT at about 1:20. If anything, I'd say that the Houston Texans have a better chance at him. I also doubt that you could pay Saban any amount of money that would get him to take on the UT media obligations. Regardless, I wouldn't be surprised at all if Saban and Sexton weren't just trolling Auburn to steal their spotlight.
  • Options
    PatHadenFSPatHadenFS Member Posts: 542
    5 Awesomes Name Dropper First Anniversary 5 Up Votes
    edited December 2013
    I dunno, this just doesn't seem like a good hire.

Sure, Saban won a lot of games beating up on the SEC, but what does he know about the season long game-in, game-out grind at in the Big12.

Texas went 8-4 this year, and has peaked in this modern day of CFB. There's just no way that Saban wins more than 7-8 games each year.

Saban recruits a different type of player than what you can recruit at Texas. No one can win that conference with those type of players.

Saban doesn't know how to handle the big-time press at a major school. He doesn't have what it takes to succeed there.

I'd take Couch Mike Leach (I like to say CML) any day, over Saban.

-Coog Fans.
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    I'm hearing that Saban hates Alabama's fans, hth.
  • Options
    no_uhno_uh Member Posts: 760
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

I'm hearing that Saban hates Alabama's fans, hth.

Said a Texas booster/regent 2 months ago.

• Options
    RaccoonHarryRaccoonHarry Member Posts: 2,160
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    What would be more fun? I vote turning around Texas.
  • Options
    allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    jmc84 said:

Saw it. And I'm not buying he wouldn't leave Bama for a final challenge. If he were younger he'd do it in a heartbeat. Age might be the real determining factor if he stays.

I don't buy that argument. Look at how quickly he turned Bama around. I see no reason why he couldn't do the same at Texas. Also, resurrecting two storied programs would pretty much cement him as the greatest college football coach of all time, and put him into the conversation for greatest coach in any sport at any level.
    He is the conversation for greatest coach in any sport at any level.
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper

jmc84 said:

Saw it. And I'm not buying he wouldn't leave Bama for a final challenge. If he were younger he'd do it in a heartbeat. Age might be the real determining factor if he stays.

I don't buy that argument. Look at how quickly he turned Bama around. I see no reason why he couldn't do the same at Texas. Also, resurrecting two storied programs would pretty much cement him as the greatest college football coach of all time, and put him into the conversation for greatest coach in any sport at any level.
    He is the conversation for greatest coach in any sport at any level.
    Either way, it'll be interesting.