Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

#MyMavs

SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,062
First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
Founders Club
Bunch of fuckface white dudes are going to be a tough out for somebody.

#GoMavs

Comments

• Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,958
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    have you seen the Netflix doc series on those Navajo kids trying to win the state championship?
  • Options
    Founders Club
    Nope but it sound like my wheelhouse. Will try to watch. Just finished The Boys on Prime. I wish I had laser beams for eyes.
  • Options
    jhfstyle24jhfstyle24 Member Posts: 3,255
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Luka Doncic is literally a top 3 player in the NBA this year. Right now. And he's not 2 or 3. Luka is currently the single best player in the NBA according to metrics.

James Harden and Giannis are having generational seasons (so is LeBron, but that's another point. No one does what he's doing in year 17). Harden is literally having the best offensive season ever.

Or, that is, he would be, except for 20-year-old Luka Doncic, who is outplaying one of the 3 greatest offensive basketball players in history. And Harden is IN HIS PRIME.

I was on the Luka train while he was playing in the EuroLeague with Madrid, because he was just a kid and was dominating the 2nd best league in the world. But it was still obscene to expect him to be the best player in the NBA at 20.

But that's exactly what he is.
  • Options
    Founders Club

Luka Doncic is literally a top 3 player in the NBA this year. Right now. And he's not 2 or 3. Luka is currently the single best player in the NBA according to metrics.

James Harden and Giannis are having generational seasons (so is LeBron, but that's another point. No one does what he's doing in year 17). Harden is literally having the best offensive season ever.

Or, that is, he would be, except for 20-year-old Luka Doncic, who is outplaying one of the 3 greatest offensive basketball players in history. And Harden is IN HIS PRIME.

I was on the Luka train while he was playing in the EuroLeague with Madrid, because he was just a kid and was dominating the 2nd best league in the world. But it was still obscene to expect him to be the best player in the NBA at 20.

Watching Dirk ruin Lebron is an all-time top sports moment for me. Watching Luka do it would top it.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,237
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Western Power rankings through the first quarter

Clippers - not as good a record as the Lakers but have the head to head

Lakers - best first quarter since the Bulls and Warriors won 70

Mavs - 1 and 1 against the Lakers. For real

Rockets - should be higher but everybody hates them except Wilbur.

Annual usual disappointment small market perennial losers
    Denver, Utah, Portland
  • Options
    Founders Club

Denver, Utah, Portland

East looks like Bucks and then dreck?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Swaye said:

Denver, Utah, Portland

Maybe the Raptors and Sixers. Maybe
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,483
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Luka is great. Far beyond what I thought he could be. He's also 20 and that matters in the playoffs. This is not their year, but 2 years from now look out.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Swaye said:

Watching Dirk ruin Lebron is an all-time top sports moment for me. Watching Luka do it would top it.
    It was the little @creepycoug point guard that kept posting up Lebron.
  • Options
    bigccbigcc Member Posts: 889
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Bee
    Swaye said:

Only player in nba history to win a title without another all star on the team.

Honestly should have been two for dirk, refs fucked him over the first time against the heat

Luka is just a hair short of averaging 30/10/10 at 20 years old, dude hasn't even physically matured yet lmao.

Dirk is probably my favorite player ever, but Luka is exponentially more talented than dirk was at this age, he's also going to be cheap for a few more years, mavs are one piece away from being a championship team.

Also, his mom... Wood

https://images.app.goo.gl/oUp8cznGztC54A4fA
  • Options
    Founders Club
    bigcc said:

Bee

Swaye said:

Only player in nba history to win a title without another all star on the team.

Honestly should have been two for dirk, refs fucked him over the first time against the heat

Luka is just a hair short of averaging 30/10/10 at 20 years old, dude hasn't even physically matured yet lmao.

Dirk is probably my favorite player ever, but Luka is exponentially more talented than dirk was at this age, he's also going to be cheap for a few more years, mavs are one piece away from being a championship team.

Also, his mom... Wood

https://images.app.goo.gl/oUp8cznGztC54A4fA
    @YellowSnow needs a trigger warning for her
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,468
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Marvin Bagley Baby!
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    lol the whiter team than Utah
  • Options
    Swaye said:

Denver, Utah, Portland

Sixers are very talented but we play to opponents and with the new starters chemistry isn't quite there yet. Matisse Thybulle has been huge. Raptors are deep but not sold on them yet.
  • Options
    Doogles said:

Marvin Bagley Baby!

Bagley is terrible. Imagine drafting fucking Ayton or Bagley over Luka. Christ.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

Swaye said:

Denver, Utah, Portland

Sixers are very talented but we play to opponents and with the new starters chemistry isn't quite there yet. Matisse Thybulle has been huge. Raptors are deep but not sold on them yet.
    Raptors have bunch a front running player. They will choke like they will always do, Leonard helped in that regard
  • Options
    There was a report that Daryl Morey's model had Luka Doncic as the 3rd best player in the world when he was 18.

He went 3rd in the NBA draft. NBA teams fucking stupid. Like drafting a guy who shot 37% in college in the top 10 (Cam Reddish). Or tweener post scorers from Duke who can't play D in the top 3 (Bagley and Okafor).
  • Options
    Founders Club
  • Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Doogles said:

Marvin Bagley Baby!

Good player but I doubt his mom is hotter than Luka's mom