Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Racism is gone in America

2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
“You’re bigger than the average person, period. And you’re also an African American,” the employee, Charles Belton, who is black, told Kennedy. “We’re in Arizona. I don’t have to tell you about what the demographics are in Arizona. They don’t see people like you a lot.”

https://www.yahoo.com/news/racism-sounds-banking-industry-200441434.html

Comments

• Options
    PandaOrangeChiknDuckPandaOrangeChiknDuck Member Posts: 545
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    edited December 2019
    Poor guy...he didn’t get elite “private client” status at his bank.

First off, it’s wrong for the bank to do that. But, second, move your millions to a different bank. I’m sure there’s a less bigoted bank that will love to take his money.

Also, nice strawman ass clown. Nobody said racism is gone. However, trying to argue that it’s not better than what it used to be is ignorant. Improvement still needs to be made but improvement is ongoing. “Incremental progress” is what the coaching great Sark once said.

You’re not going to end bigotry that has been indoctrinated into entire generations. With each passing generation, bigotry will be less and less rampant.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    I was told that if I wanted to keep my bigotry, then I would be able to do so.
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Poor guy...he didn’t get elite “private client” status at his bank.

First off, it’s wrong for the bank to do that. But, second, move your millions to a different bank. I’m sure there’s a less bigoted bank that will love to take his money.

Also, nice strawman ass clown. Nobody said racism is gone. However, trying to argue that it’s not better than what it used to be is ignorant. Improvement still needs to be made but improvement is ongoing. “Incremental progress” is what the coaching great Sark once said.

You’re not going to end bigotry that has been indoctrinated into entire generations. With each passing generation, bigotry will be less and less rampant.

Except the past three years people seem more willing to be vocal about their racism.
  • Options
    georgiaduckgeorgiaduck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,596
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    There are a few dead Jewish folks in New Jersey who are very sad about him not getting a private banker.