Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• animateanimate Member Posts: 4,236
    Man, this guy knows how to count money ... And yeah, best agent in the fucking business ...
  • AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 7,042 Standard Supporter

Ferentz’s agent got him an impossible buyout at Iowa, which is impressive. But Willie’s agent has done it at four(?) schools now, with like one winning season to show for it.

True but is he getting a dime if his buy out at FSU?
  • MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    edited December 2019
    animate said:

Man, this guy knows how to count money ... And yeah, best agent in the fucking business ...

• PandaOrangeChiknDuckPandaOrangeChiknDuck Member Posts: 545
    edited December 2019

Ferentz’s agent got him an impossible buyout at Iowa, which is impressive. But Willie’s agent has done it at four(?) schools now, with like one winning season to show for it.

Yeah

There's isn't a chance that Florida State is getting away from it completely. Yes, he didn't sign anything, but he also wasn't offered a final contract either. There has to be something regarding acting in good faith when it comes to employment. This will probably get settled out of court, and Florida State will more than likely only have to pay him roughly half the buyout minus any salary he receives from FAU.
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,485 Standard Supporter

Yeah

There's isn't a chance that Florida State is getting away from it completely. Yes, he didn't sign anything, but he also wasn't offered a final contract either. There has to be something regarding acting in good faith when it comes to employment. This will probably get settled out of court, and Florida State will more than likely only have to pay him roughly half the buyout minus any salary he receives from FAU.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

He's a hell of a negotiator. Might want to advise his client to actually sign the deal this tim though.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

Yeah

Which means he's going to receive roughly $6.95 million rather than $13.9 million.

That's a damn near $7 million mistake by not pressing for the final deal.
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,955

Yeah

There is a 1,000 miles of legal space between Good Faith and $17MM.

He and his agent FUCKED up. If that had been me, I'd have had a standing call into my agent every fucking day asking for status. After a couple of weeks I'd have marched to the President's office and thrown everyone under the bus and said, "Get your fucking AD and his lawyers off their asses and get us the fucking contract."

In fact, I wouldn't have notified Oregon I was leaving w/o having a signed counterpart in my hot hands.
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823

Yeah

He and his agent FUCKED up. If that had been me, I'd have had a standing call into my agent every fucking day asking for status. After a couple of weeks I'd have marched to the President's office and thrown everyone under the bus and said, "Get your fucking AD and his lawyers off their asses and get us the fucking contract."

In fact, I wouldn't have notified Oregon I was leaving w/o having a signed counterpart in my hot hands.
    Slick Willy got to slippery for his own good
  • TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813
    FireCohen said:

Yeah

Slick Willy got to slippery for his own good
    *too
  • JesseisabeastJesseisabeast Member Posts: 60
    Willie is the playuh that screwed over ugly girls until he climbed up to his “10”.....only to realize she was a playuh screwing ugly him
  • longduckdonglongduckdong Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,023 Swaye's Wigwam
    edited December 2019

Yeah

Thanks for the info on what you would do in a hypothetical situation. And it seems you put a lot of thought into it. Please tell us what you will do with Powerball winnings next. SMH
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,955

Yeah

Thanks for the info on what you would do in a hypothetical situation. And it seems you put a lot of thought into it. Please tell us what you will do with Powerball winnings next. SMH
    First of all, fuck off.

Second, the comparison of what happened with Taggart and Powerball is, at best, inapposite, and at worst, stupid. On the one hand, you have a guy who, despite how the market rules work for 99.99999% of the population, found a way to turn mediocrity into one of the truly great pay-days in cfb history, and then failed to ensure said payday by making sure the easiest part of the process was complete. On the other hand, we have you attempting to secure your future as a rich guy by stumbling into your local smoke shop to buy lottery tickets.

You're a duck alright.
  • NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    edited December 2019

Yeah