Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Deserves Owen -- Pete betrayed by his Model OKG

BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
edited December 2019 in Hardcore Husky Board
Players sitting out bowl threads made me remember that Pete asked Taylor Rapp at halftime of the Rose bowl to play. If he could go, the team needed him. Rapp, of course, said no. Fast forward to last week, Pete said he realized the week of the Rose Bowl was when he lost that loving feeling.

Facing 0-3 for the third consecutive year against a Blue Blood in a Bowl, Rapp's, "Nah" must have been the death blow. It's no Dooglish leap with Rapp playing, UW doesn't give up those two passing TDs.

Rapp was an OKG, "all about football, all about the team" Doogs say so. Pete's model poster boy stabbed him in the gut. It was the ultimate betrayal, the crowning FU, that convinced Pete it was time to take it to the house.

Comments

• FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    edited December 2019
    Good, glad he is gone. On to the next guy. Why are you old doogs dwelling on the past? Pete as of last week is history
  • BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    FireCohen said:

Good, glad he is gone. On to the next guy. Why are you old doogs dwelling on the past? Pete as of last week is history

Because our cherished OKGs have turned into TKGs and decided to quit early and sit out the upcoming game.
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,586 Swaye's Wigwam
    Baseman said:

Players sitting out bowl threads made me remember that Pete asked Taylor Rapp at halftime of the Rose bowl to play. If he could go, the team needed him. Rapp, of course, said no. Fast forward to last week, Pete said he realized the week of the Rose Bowl was when he lost that loving feeling.

Facing 0-3 for the third consecutive year against a Blue Blood in a Bowl, Rapp's, "Nah" must have been the death blow. It's no Dooglish leap with Rapp playing, UW doesn't give up those two passing TDs.

Rapp was an OKG, "all about football, all about the team" Doogs say so. Pete's model poster boy stabbed him in the gut. It was the ultimate betrayal, the crowning FU, that convinced Pete it was time to take it to the house.

So basically Pete's dumb for thinking that Power 5 football would be just like the potato leagues?
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    Baseman said:

FireCohen said:

Because our cherished OKGs have turned into TKGs and decided to quit early and sit out the upcoming game.
    Just show that Pete’s model does not work in the current environment.
  • UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,111
    UW's Rapp culture is bad.
  • BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    edited December 2019
    Recently asked about Bryant and Tray Adams deciding not to play in the Bowl, Pete said ,"They gotta do, what they gotta do. That's all I'm going to say to that."

More than ever I'm convinced Rapp decision not to play in the Rose Bowl soured Pete on CFB and led him to step down. Rapp had notified the coaches days before the game he wasn't going to play, concurrent with Pete deciding he'd lost the fire to coach. McKinney, Rapp's replacement, gave up two TDs, and has hardly played this year. That should tell you something.

Tray Adams has decided the meaningless Senior Bowl means more than helping his own team. What a fag. Watching Eason without his superstar LT protecting him, choosing between the surely to be double teamed Bynum, and Fuller and Baciella will be special.

Since Pete took over, he's never dropped a recruit before signing day for someone better, he's never suddenly seniored a player except for a violation of team rules, and to the detriment of the record, played shitty upperclassmen who've put in their time.

Fuck it. If that's how it is, I hope Jimmy changes changes things. Better recruit available? Sorry. If you suck, you don't play. If you really suck and we need a roster spot, thanks for everything. Peace out.

Watch the millennials squeal if and when he does. They want their cake and want to eat it, too.
  • ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,600
    Baseman said:

Recently asked about Bryant and Tray Adams deciding not to play in the Bowl, Pete said ,"They gotta do, what they gotta do. That's all I'm going to say to that."

More than ever I'm convinced Rapp decision not to play in the Rose Bowl soured Pete on CFB and led him to step down. Rapp had notified the coaches days before the game he wasn't going to play, concurrent with Pete deciding he'd lost the fire to coach. McKinney, Rapp's replacement, gave up two TDs, and has hardly played this year. That should tell you something.

Tray Adams has decided the meaningless Senior Bowl means more than helping his own team. What a fag. Watching Eason without his superstar LT protecting him, choosing between the surely to be double teamed Bynum, and Fuller and Baciella will be special.

Since Pete took over, he's never dropped a recruit before signing day for someone better, he's never suddenly seniored a player except for a violation of team rules, and to the detriment of the record, played shitty upperclassmen who've put in their time.

Fuck it. If that's how it is, I hope Jimmy changes changes things. Better recruit available? Sorry. If you suck, you don't play. If you really suck and we need a roster spot, thanks for everything. Peace out.

Watch the millennials squeal if and when he does. They want their cake and want to eat it, too.

Current college football players aren’t milennials, except for at BYU