Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Hunter Bryant

What a disappointment

Comments

• BeerThirtyBeerThirty Member Posts: 2,465
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    I think Bryant is making a huge mistake leaving early. He really didn't have that good of a year and he hasn't had that good of a career due to injuries. He isn't really tall, he isn't really fast, and he had a shit load of drops. Poor time to leave early. Cherry on top is bypassing your last chance to ball out in an actual game.

Whoever is giving this kid advice is a dipshit.
  • GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

I think Bryant is making a huge mistake leaving early. He really didn't have that good of a year and he hasn't had that good of a career due to injuries. He isn't really tall, he isn't really fast, and he had a shit load of drops. Poor time to leave early. Cherry on top is bypassing your last chance to ball out in an actual game.

The drops are really the only thing that could potentially hurt him. But as you said, he's not getting any taller or any faster, so coming back isn't going to help him in that arena. He put up gaudy numbers and essentially acted as the team's #1 receiver, so he has quite the highlight reel going. There's nothing to gain by coming back, besides maybe shoring up the drops issue, but that would have a negligible effect on his draft standing.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

The drops are really the only thing that could potentially hurt him. But as you said, he's not getting any taller or any faster, so coming back isn't going to help him in that arena. He put up gaudy numbers and essentially acted as the team's #1 receiver, so he has quite the highlight reel going. There's nothing to gain by coming back, besides maybe shoring up the drops issue, but that would have a negligible effect on his draft standing.
    Yep. And coming back to play with a worse QB could offset that rather easily.
  • AlexisAlexis Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,986
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

I gotta say this: like the rest of you, I think this emerging practice, along with the portal and the playoffs and all the other shit is ruining the game I grew up loving so much.

That said, I can't blame the kids from an intellectual point of view. Rapp is one thing. The Rose Bowl is the Rose Bowl and if they could have upset OSU (which I don't think happens) it would have been the shit and it wasn't likely going to limit his pro career.

But the Las Vegas Bowl ... I don't like it, but I get it. WTF cares about that game and blowing a knee or something in that game would be a fucking personal disaster.

Like I said: I don't like it, but I get it. I can't with a straight face say it's a dumb move.

Agree...the Rose Bowl thing was shite but this is the LV Bowl.

I just hope they don't even show up...much less go parading on the sidelines like morons all game only to get drafted in, what, the 3rd or 4th round like Royce Freeman. That was embarrassing...
    Yep.

I’m 100% in support of players sitting out the bowel if a. They’re honest about it like Adams and Bryant are doing and b. They aren’t allowed anywhere near the game.

You’re either on the team or you’re not. Once you’ve decided you’re not on the team you lost out on the privileges of being on the team.
    Agree. Absolutely no problem with these 2 (like has been said before with Rapp, go smoke a bag of turds bastard) But I still think the player should have to pay back 1/13th of their scholarship. They signed on to play a full season. Bowls, even ghey ones like the Las Vegas Bowel, are still part of the season. Sit out if you want, but you shouldn't be getting the full schollie. Not like it would be a ton of money. Just really part of growing up at that point. You don't do what you signed on to do, you have some penalties.
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,738
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

I gotta say this: like the rest of you, I think this emerging practice, along with the portal and the playoffs and all the other shit is ruining the game I grew up loving so much.

That said, I can't blame the kids from an intellectual point of view. Rapp is one thing. The Rose Bowl is the Rose Bowl and if they could have upset OSU (which I don't think happens) it would have been the shit and it wasn't likely going to limit his pro career.

But the Las Vegas Bowl ... I don't like it, but I get it. WTF cares about that game and blowing a knee or something in that game would be a fucking personal disaster.

Like I said: I don't like it, but I get it. I can't with a straight face say it's a dumb move.

I just hope they don't even show up...much less go parading on the sidelines like morons all game only to get drafted in, what, the 3rd or 4th round like Royce Freeman. That was embarrassing...
    It was embarrassing squared because first, it was embarrassing in and of itself, and second, because Freemen's entire career at Oregon was soft af and he was clearly playing to not get hurt. He was the anti-MylesGaskin. He knew he had the body and athleticism to be an elite back, and played at Oregon just to get paid at the next level. Now that he's a paycheck player, he's better at Denver than he ever was at Oregon, at least the limited times I've seen him play.

Freeman was just such a special case because he's a big, strong and relatively fast motherfucker and played like such a giant pussy it wasn't even funny. I think he had like one tough game at Oregon where he ran hard for like 5 minutes against Michigan State.

Soft af.
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam
    My only remedy is to not attend bowl games when players quit. Why would I spend time and money to go see 2nd team and subpar performance? Fuck them.
  • AlexisAlexis Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,986
    Swaye's Wigwam

Alexis said:

dnc said:

Yep.

I’m 100% in support of players sitting out the bowel if a. They’re honest about it like Adams and Bryant are doing and b. They aren’t allowed anywhere near the game.

You’re either on the team or you’re not. Once you’ve decided you’re not on the team you lost out on the privileges of being on the team.
    Agree. Absolutely no problem with these 2 (like has been said before with Rapp, go smoke a bag of turds bastard) But I still think the player should have to pay back 1/13th of their scholarship. They signed on to play a full season. Bowls, even ghey ones like the Las Vegas Bowel, are still part of the season. Sit out if you want, but you shouldn't be getting the full schollie. Not like it would be a ton of money. Just really part of growing up at that point. You don't do what you signed on to do, you have some penalties.
    Jesus Christ this board is stupid. The school is already making a huge net gain monetarily from each player. They don’t need to pay back the school because they’re passing on the bowl game.
    And if the player goes on to make millions in the league, do they not make millions off of the school? They had a contract. Broke it early. Of course they don't need the player to pay it back. Just like the player doesn't need them to pay for another month of meals.
  • HoustonHuskyHoustonHusky Member Posts: 5,951
    First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic 5 Awesomes
    Alexis said:

Alexis said:

dnc said:

Yep.

Jesus Christ this board is stupid. The school is already making a huge net gain monetarily from each player. They don’t need to pay back the school because they’re passing on the bowl game.
    And if the player goes on to make millions in the league, do they not make millions off of the school? They had a contract. Broke it early. Of course they don't need the player to pay it back. Just like the player doesn't need them to pay for another month of meals.
    Yeah, but in reality I'm sure those kids if they get rich in the NFL are going to be donating back to the school and repping the school. You really think the school should get that petty?

That's what makes Taylor such a fucktard...he sits out the Rose Bowl and maybe I've missed it but he seems like he's been pretty dang quite about repping UW since.
  • BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

Bryant should LEAVE, AFTER PLAYING in the Bowl game.
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,467
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Fuck you vanilla!
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,467
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Petersen had a contract.

Players get run off their scholarship by coaches all the time.

Fucking contract. Christ.