Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Steve Sarkisian tells some current USC assistants they won’t be back

Comments

• PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
    edited December 2013
    That story reads like it's a foregone conclusion that Tosh is going to los angeles.

Being on Petersen's staff would be much better for him.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,861 Founders Club
    In other words, don't let the door hit you guys on the ass on the way out... Suckas....
  • HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    Passion said:

That story reads like it's a foregone conclusion that Tosh is going to los angeles.

Tosh could have bolted already if he really wanted. He wants to stay at UW and the key is Petersen finding a spot for him. Not sure what is going on but it appears that there is one spot left for a D coach.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 105,157 Founders Club
    “There’s still a possibility potentially of others

Speak English motherfucker
  • HuskyJWHuskyJW Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,384 Swaye's Wigwam
    Now that Tosh is leaving....Bellevue kids are interested once again.

Tosh's boys were a combined 9-15 this year. He's awesome.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,861 Founders Club
    I wish Jim Murray could have lived long enough to have Sark refer to him as "dude" during a presser
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    edited December 2013
    HuskyJW said:

Now that Tosh is leaving....Bellevue kids are interested once again.

Tosh's Tedford and Sark's boys were a combined 9-15 this year. He's awesome.

Were Randy Hart's boys 0-12 in 2008?
  • PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622

Passion said:

Tosh could have bolted already if he really wanted. He wants to stay at UW and the key is Petersen finding a spot for him. Not sure what is going on but it appears that there is one spot left for a D coach.
    Crossing my fingers. As I said before, Petersen's track record of spotting and developing talent, and Tosh's ability to recruit would be a strong combination.
  • digitsdigits Member Posts: 1,502

Passion said:

I don't think Tosh could've left yet, even if he wanted to, unless someone is prepared to pay his buyout. Lupoi has a relatively expensive buyout, especially for a coordinator. From what I've read, here's the deal:

"If Lupoi leaves for any job other than as a head coach or defensive coordinator at any other Pac 12 school, he’ll owe $408,338 – the calculated amount of guaranteed pay pledged to him for the 14 months remaining on his UW contract."

Passion said:

I don't think Tosh could've left yet, even if he wanted to, unless someone is prepared to pay his buyout. Lupoi has a relatively expensive buyout, especially for a coordinator. From what I've read, here's the deal:

"If Lupoi leaves for any job other than as a head coach or defensive coordinator at any other Pac 12 school, he’ll owe $408,338 – the calculated amount of guaranteed pay pledged to him for the 14 months remaining on his UW contract."

"A man is only as loyal as his options." - Chris Rock
    USC has said they will pay his buyout. It's Wilcox's they are objecting to.

There are still quite a few moving parts. Wilcox is interviewing with Boise. Boise could pick another coach who could keep Bob Gregory which would create two open spots at UW.
  • digitsdigits Member Posts: 1,502

There are still quite a few moving parts. Wilcox is interviewing with Boise. Boise could pick another coach who could keep Bob Gregory which would create two open spots at UW.

Aha, I see. I was unaware USC said that.

Aha, I see. I was unaware USC said that.

Tons of moving parts....

USC could be waiting because it seems unlikely both Tosh & Wilcox will be retained. If they wait they may not have to pay the $1M for Wilcox.

Also the new Boise coach could retain Bob Gregory as DC, (he was Cal's DC when they were very good), which creates a second open spot on UW's staff.

If Wilcox is hired then there is a chance he could bring Tosh with him as a potential DC. Huge jump for Tosh but with the HC coaching the D, Tosh would have less responsibility than a normal DC.

Tosh hasn't jumped to SC yet bc he wants to stay at UW. There is an open spot but the issue is Kwiatkowski is the DL coach.
  • AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 7,067 Standard Supporter
    If coach k is the DC I think he would still bring on Tosh as the DL coach and help out like Wilcox does with the secondary.

If wilcox gets the job at boise i think tosh stays.

I can't imagine uw is dumb enough to just tell wilcox we don't want you and walk away from a million dollars. It's still a business. Make USC pay for him if they want him that bad.
  • puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    Klemm turned Sark down? No shit! He's got a sacky trying to pull him from Mora. This is a bad move by Sark. Sark imagined a dream team of Klemm and Lupoi. I hope the cocky son of a cunt gets neither. Cant believe how quickly ive grown to dislike Sark and his stinky beav
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123

Klemm turned Sark down? No shit! He's got a sacky trying to pull him from Mora. This is a bad move by Sark. Sark imagined a dream team of Klemm and Lupoi. I hope the cocky son of a cunt gets neither. Cant believe how quickly ive grown to dislike Sark and his stinky beav

You should have disliked him for going 7-6 three years in a row and 8-4 with 10 win talent.

• MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    Sark is gonna Sark.