Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Troojans...We didn't want Petersen anyway

MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Swaye's Wigwam
4EverTroy
Cardinal Supporter
3124 posts this site
Ignore this Member
Nominate | Report
Posted: 12/06/2013 9:49 AM
Chris Peterson=Larry Smith
Sarkisian is a far better choice than Chris Peterson.

Chris Peterson reminds me of Larry Smith. Great coach in a smaller program, but not suitable for a big program like USC.

Peterson made the right move by withdrawing his name from the coaching list. It was the right move for USC and for his career.

Seriously, how many ex-Boise State coaches succeed elsewhere? Houston Nutt? Dirk Koetter? Dan Hawkins?

Boise State was a winning program before Peterson took over. Sarkisian inherited a 0-win Washington team and made them into winners

Comments

• Options
    PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,488
    Founders Club
    Fact - All Boise State coaches fail when they go to bigger schools.
    Fact - It's tough to rebuild after 0-12.

Troojans are smart & savvy football fans.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam

Someone made a good post awhile back that Koetter and Hawkins never beat a team that ended up in the top 15. It has also been referenced that Petersen was the brains behind Koetter's success and BSU fans were happy when he left and Petersen stayed.

Petersen could end up being a flop, we will know soon enough. However, I think he is going to end up being a fantastic hire and will be the coach for a long time. I know his press conference was a lot of coach speak but you could tell he is really passionate about the player development.

He gets 15 games...Win or GTFO

• Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Someone made a good post awhile back that Koetter and Hawkins never beat a team that ended up in the top 15. It has also been referenced that Petersen was the brains behind Koetter's success and BSU fans were happy when he left and Petersen stayed.

Petersen could end up being a flop, we will know soon enough. However, I think he is going to end up being a fantastic hire and will be the coach for a long time. I know his press conference was a lot of coach speak but you could tell he is really passionate about the player development.

He gets 15 games...Win or GTFO

Are you saying you need to see a championship?
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,562
    Swaye's Wigwam
    He better beat Mora at home
  • Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    listen, lest we ever forget that this entire scenario has defied physics, mathematics, psychology, biochemistry, urban planning and any other topic you can try to link it to, but at the end of the day - Sark is gone!!!

The fact that SC is happy about it just makes analysis that much more confounding.
  • Options
    7WINSTEVE7WINSTEVE Member Posts: 20
    First Comment 5 Up Votes Photogenic
    Fuck Sark good riddance the fact UW fans have a firesark.com website should say everything about what non doog fans think of Sark. I hope he turns out to be kiffin 2.0. I like how he doesn't consider his road record or record against top 25 teams. Troojans for sure.
  • Options
    section8section8 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,581
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Whoever has the firesark site should keep it going, plenty of SC fans unhappy with the hire.
  • Options
    ApostleofGriefApostleofGrief Member Posts: 3,904
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Sark is just like Pete Carroll
  • Options
    mobeymobey Member Posts: 3,254
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment

Sark is just like Pete Carroll

Other than those win and loss thingys.