Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Yeah but still

Comments

• RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,679 Founders Club

Lost to Oregon and WSU. Oregon's first win at home against the Huskies since the ice sheet melted

The Arizona game was the most miserable I'd been in husky stadium up until the cal game this year.
    Always Arizona. Fucking leap by the lake

2007 after Ty blew a big lead to Arizona I walked out of Husky Stadium and haven't been back since
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

Fuck, you guys.....

I was barely more than a sack of potatoes in a stroller in 88, and you guys are remember play by play.

Fucking steel traps you got there.

I was 7

Biggest memory I have of Conklin is him and Andre Riley putting up record breaking numbers in a loosering effort in a shootout at home against Arizona State. That was probably 89 though.

I assume he got a SB ring thanks to Mark Rypien but not sure on that.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,679 Founders Club
    dnc said:

Fuck, you guys.....

I was barely more than a sack of potatoes in a stroller in 88, and you guys are remember play by play.

I was 7

Biggest memory I have of Conklin is him and Andre Riley putting up record breaking numbers in a loosering effort in a shootout at home against Arizona State. That was probably 89 though.

That was 89

It was the game that made James tell Lambo to change the defense or get the fuck out and we went to the 46

Next week bashed Oregon State with Donald Jones as a rush end
  • alumni94alumni94 Member Posts: 4,858

Lost to Oregon and WSU. Oregon's first win at home against the Huskies since the ice sheet melted

At least they beat CAL...

• FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    dnc said:

5 losses by 15 points total

Its a fine line

Looking at those scores brings back bad memories... Cary Conklin's two-point conversion pass falling incomplete, Huskies lose to USC... Cary Conklin getting sacked and fumbling at his own 15 yard line. Arizona lining up and kicking a last-second field goal to beat Washington 16-13.

At the 5th Quarter after the Arizona game, a booster asked Don James "Any chance Conklin can graduate before next Saturday?"
    Don James said, "I don't have to stand here and listen to that crap", and he walked off the stage and out of the room. You could hear a pin drop.
    What idiot let @WeakArmCobra address Coach James postgame?
    I wasn’t born yet, but thanks for the s/o
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    FireCohen said:

dnc said:

Its a fine line

Looking at those scores brings back bad memories... Cary Conklin's two-point conversion pass falling incomplete, Huskies lose to USC... Cary Conklin getting sacked and fumbling at his own 15 yard line. Arizona lining up and kicking a last-second field goal to beat Washington 16-13.

At the 5th Quarter after the Arizona game, a booster asked Don James "Any chance Conklin can graduate before next Saturday?"
    Don James said, "I don't have to stand here and listen to that crap", and he walked off the stage and out of the room. You could hear a pin drop.
    Next time you want to change your handle just register a new one like the rest of us.

TIA
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    dnc said:

FireCohen said:

dnc said:

Its a fine line

Next time you want to change your handle just register a new one like the rest of us.

TIA
    OK
  • whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,616 Standard Supporter
    dnc said:

Fuck, you guys.....

I was 7

He was on injured reserve per this
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,861
    dnc said:

FireCohen said:

dnc said:

Its a fine line

TIA
    Gotta keep that sweet post count to get the shitty little badge
  • BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,346
    dnc said:

FireCohen said:

dnc said:

Its a fine line

TIA
    Huh?
  • HuskyJWHuskyJW Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,349 Swaye's Wigwam
    Swaye said:

I can't remember the score of any single game this year, and you guys remember specific play sequences from 30 years ago?

I remember Jacque Robinson’s first carry against Iowa in Rose Bowl....I wasn’t even 7 yet.

Don Criqui.. “....AND HE GETS ONLY A YARD!!”
  • BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365

The UCLA game was the Aikman late hit game

Wife and I went to the USC game and UW got worked all day but went for two to win and missed. Then James sat on his three time outs as the Trojans ran out the clock

Cal had a huge lead like 27-10 or something late but we never lost to Cal so of course we came back to win. One of many against Cal

Might have been our first loss to Arizona

Heck of a 6-5 year
    James sitting on his three time outs was in 1989, when Tommie Smith blocked the punt for a TD. I know because I was at that game in LA. The 2-point conversion game was in 1988. I watched that one on TV in Longview. UW played at USC two years in a row.
    People forget that game was Stan Empterman's coming out party. He took out two guys on the blocked punt play, giving Tommie a clear and straight path to the punter.
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781

The Arizona game was the most miserable I'd been in husky stadium up until the cal game this year.
    Always Arizona. Fucking leap by the lake

2007 after Ty blew a big lead to Arizona I walked out of Husky Stadium and haven't been back since
    1988 it was in a steady cold drizzle. UA kicked a field goal for the win. That’s the day I wanted don James fired.