Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Melo is Delusional

RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
Swaye's Wigwam
Says he’s always been counted out and been against all odds. He was an overrated player, albeit All Star for years. At one point was considered possibly the best half court offensive player in the game.

Nobody ever thought he wasn’t one of the top 300 players in the world. Teams didn’t want him because he’s 35 and you have to cater to him some and he’s a liability on defense. Not good enough to carry a contender and had already proven he hadn’t been good at adapting his game to become a role player.

Maybe he has now, but more likely the Blazers season goes down in flames. He will get 15+ PPG on a team going nowhere, which is why nobody wanted him.

Comments

• Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Team going nowhere and the Portland Trailblazers are forever synonymous.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,438
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Hot Blazer talk!

Melo's the shit he just scored 9 points against the Clips!

@BennyBeaver
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Team going nowhere and the Portland Trailblazers are forever synonymous.

@BennyBeaver True?!
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Says he’s always been counted out and been against all odds. He was an overrated player, albeit All Star for years. At one point was considered possibly the best half court offensive player in the game.

Nobody ever thought he wasn’t one of the top 300 players in the world. Teams didn’t want him because he’s 35 and you have to cater to him some and he’s a liability on defense. Not good enough to carry a contender and had already proven he hadn’t been good at adapting his game to become a role player.

Maybe he has now, but more likely the Blazers season goes down in flames. He will get 15+ PPG on a team going nowhere, which is why nobody wanted him.

Blazers were going to be a 5-8 seed this year even if Nurkic and Collins weren't out for the entire first half of the season. They're playing a Skal Labissiere right now and hoping Whiteside actually cares (he doesn't).

The depth pickups were embarrassing. Bazemore and some other dead weight that were outscored by the Clips bench 15-30something.

He is actually trying to play defense and be a team player and all that. He is what he is. 20 points on a random great night.

@BennyBeaver
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    edited December 2019
    NOC about a washed up all star that got no rings. He will be be like glen rice if this generation.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    FireCohen said:

NOC about a washed up all star that got no rings. He will be be like glen rice if this generation.

Glen Rice has a ring. I get what your saying tho. He had a good career but he never even led a team to a one seed. He always played for middle of the ring teams and he was a big reason why those teams were there.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,150
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Melo won a natty and got to the NBA play offs while Lebron missed them his first two years at Cleveland. Melo got plenty of respect until he didn't Fans hate the waste of talent whether it is true or not. The perception is that Melo got fat and lazy.

To be fair he played on some good Nuggets teams that ran into Kobe.2 and the Lakers. And he beefed with George Karl just like Gary
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,472
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Melo should have played in the 90's.
  • Options

Melo should have played in the 90's.

He was to soft for the 90
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Late 90’s and early 2000’s NBA basketball was horrible. Even with Jordan. I would say from 95-2007 it sucked.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

Late 90’s and early 2000’s NBA basketball was horrible. Even with Jordan. I would say from 95-2007 it sucked.

Can't get with you on mid 90's hate. Shaq and Kobe, Hakeem, Kemp and Payton, Grant Hill pre injury.

There was a lot to like about the NBA in the mid to late 90's. A lot of that was gone by 2000.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited December 2019
    dnc said:

Can't get with you on mid 90's hate. Shaq and Kobe, Hakeem, Kemp and Payton, Grant Hill pre injury.

There was a lot to like about the NBA in the mid to late 90's. A lot of that was gone by 2000.
    92-96 was good. Those Sonics teams were fun. Hakeem winning titles was enjoyable. Shaq and Penny. Jordan’s return was great for awhile, but was the beginning of it going downhill.

Bulls vs Jazz ugly slugfests. In time, I realize those series were shitty and has made me take Jordan down a notch on his pedestal.

Knicks, Heat, Pacers playing playoff games every year where the first to 70 won every year. Lockout and the Spurs.

Then the Spurs and Pistons played ugly, hard series. Kobe 2.0 and the Celtics brought back good ball and the Mavs beating Miami made the NBA good again.
  • Options

Something about him bothers me which is why I made the thread. Earlier this year after a good game against the Bulls, he was talking about how much he has meant to the city of Chicago and that he will always be remembered in Chicago.

The Bulls won 6 titles. They only care about Jordan and maybe Pippen and Phil. Really just MJ tho. D Rose is the “what if” footnote. Melo’s flirtations with Chicago on free agency won’t be remembered by anyone.

it is crazy how big ego of some of these guys, no one gives fuck about melo in chicago
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

Shaq and Kobe opened the 2000s with the three peat

I enjoyed the 90's and the Sonics, Suns, Rockets, Bulls and even the Blazers
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    I get why people hate Melo but I really enjoyed watching that Syracuse team. He carried them to that title and I can't ever label him the loser that many seem to. He also balled out in the Olympics in '08 (Redeem Team), '12, and '16. Olympic bball is some of my favorite bball
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

dnc said:

The Laker channel down here is doing a three part show on the Shaq Kobe dynasty. They had played 3 seasons or so and got swept every year before they brought Phil in for the 99/2000 season, the first of the three peat

People like to say that anyone could be like Phil if they had MJ or Shaq and Kobe but actual results say different.

And then Phi,l won two more with just Kobe

Yes you need superstars but you need more than that
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

dnc said:

The Laker channel down here is doing a three part show on the Shaq Kobe dynasty. They had played 3 seasons or so and got swept every year before they brought Phil in for the 99/2000 season, the first of the three peat

People like to say that anyone could be like Phil if they had MJ or Shaq and Kobe but actual results say different.

And then Phi,l won two more with just Kobe

Yes you need superstars but you need more than that
    It’s a respect thing. Win titles and the players listen a little more and are a little more willing to sacrifice. I still think Jackson was overrated, but 11 rings is 11 rings.
    Shaq said he didn't listen to Del Harris for that reason