Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Walking out of the Georgia Dome late December 2016

2»

Comments

• MikeSeaverMikeSeaver Member Posts: 4,620

Yes I was apoplectic still over Jake's pick 6 but overall I saw a defense that gave Bama its toughest test and that was with the offense going three and out all day. If we could just fix our QB issue we should be able to contend year in and year out.

December 2019 and the defense slipped mainly due to losing 9 starters and having this weird Bermuda Triangle recruiting gap where entire classes disappeared. It was disappointing but the D looks to be solid for years to come unless we got another batch of 4 star losers. Too early to tell

We never did fix that QB issue which was the big dick disappointment of the season. Its an entire offense problem same as it ever was under Pete. There wasn't / isn't a lot of hope there. It keeps getting worse.

From 12-2 to 7-5. Two Pac 12 titles in 6 years. 3 ten win seasons - a devalued stat.

Where we came from it all looked so magical. Now it looks pretty ordinary in comparison to other programs

Oregon is off the mat. Stanford went 4-8 but was the one game this year that WE? lost. All the other ones were if only this or that. Stanford kicked our ass.

So did Cal, Utah, and Oregon but still we looked GREAT in the first half.

As Ron Fairly would say if he wasn't dead - this program could go either way depending on how many games they win in 2020.

I was not looking forward to another Petersen death march in 2020. At least we have new unknowns to consider.

And now we find out if we should have fired Don James when I wanted to or not. Because Petersen fired himself.

When you win something or even something twice it feels like it’s never going to end.

But it always does.

And when it does, it comes hard and fast.

Good luck rest of the way.
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 23,004

One thing I've thought about this morning:

I am going to enjoy having a defensive minded coach again. Tend to be a tougher and more aggressive approach and personality that the team can take on.

Say what you will about not liking Jimmy's playcalls, but last year the team gave up 16 points per game. That was less points per game than any of Kwat's previous defenses at UW. This season, despite losing 9 starters and having the recruiting bermuda triangle you mentioned that left a void at LB and a lack of depth at DL, the team still only gave up 20 points per game and was 24th in the country.

If Jimmy sucked that bad at playcalls (which a few games it was apparent he wasn't adjusting), there was that big of an exodus on defense, and there were that big of holes on the roster, that's a pretty fucking good job.

Now you tell me that his strategy, swagger, and prep can go to the whole team and Kwat takes back over playcalls and in game adjustments at which he is elite?

It has me feeling pretty good about this entire thing. I didn't want Pete gone, but if he was burnt out and the team took on that attitude, then an influx of passion can set the ship back upright.

Now just hire a legit OC and overhaul the offense and stay out of it.
    Oh really?

But did Diaz hire a legit OC, overhaul the offense and stay out it?
    Well, he hired AN Offensive Coordinator, Defensive Coordinator and tried to stay out of it. Had to get back involved on the defensive side, which helped on the margin, and the offense still sucks. The OC was being handed the reigns at Bamers to call the plays.

So there's that.
    @creepycoug until you get your own stadium, you're never gonna win a NT again. I've been right all along.

That has never had anything to do with nothin'. Stay in your lane rowboat. I have a PhD in Caneology; even better men have gone down the drain arguing Cane with Creepy.

We? were the last P5 program to get an indoor practice facility. Guess what? They got worse.

Facilities excuses are for phags and loozerz. If I were wrong, Texas would have won 10 titles in my lifetim. They've won one, which they owe mainly to Pete Carroll fs playcalling.
    Oregon would have at least a few. The greatest setting in college football would have produced at least more than 1/2.

JFC are we really talkin' about facilities? Facilities? We talking 'bout facilities? Not the game. Not the players. Not the coaches. But the facilities? Is that what we talkin' 'bout rowboat?
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 35,037 Founders Club

I am going to enjoy having a defensive minded coach again. Tend to be a tougher and more aggressive approach and personality that the team can take on.

Say what you will about not liking Jimmy's playcalls, but last year the team gave up 16 points per game. That was less points per game than any of Kwat's previous defenses at UW. This season, despite losing 9 starters and having the recruiting bermuda triangle you mentioned that left a void at LB and a lack of depth at DL, the team still only gave up 20 points per game and was 24th in the country.

If Jimmy sucked that bad at playcalls (which a few games it was apparent he wasn't adjusting), there was that big of an exodus on defense, and there were that big of holes on the roster, that's a pretty fucking good job.

Now you tell me that his strategy, swagger, and prep can go to the whole team and Kwat takes back over playcalls and in game adjustments at which he is elite?

It has me feeling pretty good about this entire thing. I didn't want Pete gone, but if he was burnt out and the team took on that attitude, then an influx of passion can set the ship back upright.

Oh really?

Well, he hired AN Offensive Coordinator, Defensive Coordinator and tried to stay out of it. Had to get back involved on the defensive side, which helped on the margin, and the offense still sucks. The OC was being handed the reigns at Bamers to call the plays.

So there's that.
    @creepycoug until you get your own stadium, you're never gonna win a NT again. I've been right all along.

That has never had anything to do with nothin'. Stay in your lane rowboat. I have a PhD in Caneology; even better men have gone down the drain arguing Cane with Creepy.

We? were the last P5 program to get an indoor practice facility. Guess what? They got worse.

Facilities excuses are for phags and loozerz. If I were wrong, Texas would have won 10 titles in my lifetim. They've won one, which they owe mainly to Pete Carroll fs playcalling.
    Oregon would have at least a few. The greatest setting in college football would have produced at least more than 1/2.

JFC are we really talkin' about facilities? Facilities? We talking 'bout facilities? Not the game. Not the players. Not the coaches. But the facilities? Is that what we talkin' 'bout rowboat?
    It's a joke, Mang. Don't get hot and bothered.

• creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 23,004

Oh really?

So there's that.

It's a joke, Mang. Don't get hot and bothered.

You need to be more careful. Talkin' Cane shit around me is the act of a careless man. Women and children can afford to be careless. Not men.