Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Would USC have hired Lake away from Pete this year to be head coach

13»

Comments

• Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited December 2019

99/100 takes on here in the last day have been shit as fuck.

How so? What’s your take?
    Petersen is an amazing human being and we should all aspire to be like him. I am very sad to see him go. I've shed more than a few tears. The guy has values beyond caveman testosterone-fueled football. A true humble caring winner and a gold standard human. That's great and all, and I hope he writes a book so I can get a signed copy, but wins on the field do matter to us cross-eyed, bow-legged peasants. It does seem like he's lost his fire and he knows it. He knows exactly what this program needs and he's such a fucking amazing and humble human that he's throwing away millions so we can have it. The dude is an absolute saint.

I'm stoked for Jimmy Lake Washington. If Petersen and Cohen approve, I approve. He's 42 years old. We may be in store for a 20+ year Purple Reign. Be excited.

I was going to keep it to myself, but that's my super spicy habenero hot take.
    Tears over Pete?
    Yeah man. As someone who battles severe anxiety, his openness and modesty is impressive for a guy in his position. There's more to life than football and I have mad respect for the dude. He's teaching some serious life lessons here. Wins and losses be damned. He was a hell of an ambassador to the university and he's loved by his players. We were lucky to have him and his legacy will live on. I got a little emotional. Sue me.
    I think he’s a great guy but crying over any football coach is not for me because there is more to life than football. I enjoy this shit or I wouldn’t post here, watch and attend games, but it really doesn’t affect me personally and never will.

I will have my lawyers contact yours for the lawsuit.
  • Options
    CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,316
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    edited December 2019

How so? What’s your take?
    Petersen is an amazing human being and we should all aspire to be like him. I am very sad to see him go. I've shed more than a few tears. The guy has values beyond caveman testosterone-fueled football. A true humble caring winner and a gold standard human. That's great and all, and I hope he writes a book so I can get a signed copy, but wins on the field do matter to us cross-eyed, bow-legged peasants. It does seem like he's lost his fire and he knows it. He knows exactly what this program needs and he's such a fucking amazing and humble human that he's throwing away millions so we can have it. The dude is an absolute saint.

I'm stoked for Jimmy Lake Washington. If Petersen and Cohen approve, I approve. He's 42 years old. We may be in store for a 20+ year Purple Reign. Be excited.

I was going to keep it to myself, but that's my super spicy habenero hot take.
    Tears over Pete?
    Yeah man. As someone who battles severe anxiety, his openness and modesty is impressive for a guy in his position. There's more to life than football and I have mad respect for the dude. He's teaching some serious life lessons here. Wins and losses be damned. He was a hell of an ambassador to the university and he's loved by his players. We were lucky to have him and his legacy will live on. I got a little emotional. Sue me.
    I think he’s a great guy but crying over any football coach is not for me because there is more to life than football. I enjoy this shit or I wouldn’t post here, watch and attend games, but it really doesn’t affect me personally and never will.

I will have my lawyers contact yours for the lawsuit.
    I'm the guy who walks 5 miles in the 4th quarter up and down my hallway throwing rubber footballs at walls. I am definitely affected by this shit, albeit temporarily. So while I'm not putting in 16 hour days, I can relate a bit. If the UW coach is coming out about it and doing something about it, maybe I should too...

Nahhhhhhhhh.
  • Options
    NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited December 2019

I recall seeing the same Doog post on Doogman after the Gilby hire, Willingham hire
    And I’m almost positive that shit is posted over there right now