Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

2013 Chris Petersen Interview with Bruce Feldman

Comments

• whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,717 Swaye's Wigwam
    Some notable things from 2013:

Petersen: Ha ha. Yeah. Probably that. Dealing with a lot of the stuff that is so important to your program, and I get that. I don't have a natural affinity for that. I like teaching. I like coaching. I like being with our staff. I don't enjoy the media thing. Who would?

Petersen: Wuh. I mean this is painful for me.

Petersen: No, I don't mean this. I just mean this Media Day.

Q: Ten years from now what are the chances that you're still coaching?

Petersen: Oh my gosh. Ten years from now? I don't see that.

Q: What do you want to do after coaching?

Petersen: See, that's my problem. I'm one of those guys that needs to do something.

Maybe teach. I don't know. I don't think I'd have any problem being a position coach. Somewhere.
  • digitsdigits Member Posts: 1,479
    This article was sent to me by a friend when he was hired, sure raised my eyebrows at the time, and was always kinda in the back of my mind. It immediately came to mind when I heard he resigned. Pretty telling.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    Pete’s coming back as a head coach if he comes back. Sometimes the goody two shoes, I’m a purist shit get old. He will sit out a year or two and miss having a program. A guy with his convictions doesn’t want to coach for someone else as a position coach. But he loves teaching. It’s FS.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,546 Founders Club
    digits said:

This article was sent to me by a friend when he was hired, sure raised my eyebrows at the time, and was always kinda in the back of my mind. It immediately came to mind when I heard he resigned. Pretty telling.

Exactly the same for me.