Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Next year's senior class

A couple days ago I was lamenting our senior leadership. Next year it could be much worse.
Here's the current juniors

Eason, Ahmed, McGrew, Pleasant, Chin, H. Bryant, Kizer, Wattenberg, Onwuzurike, Bronson, Bowman, McKinney, Gilchrist, Taylor, Molden, & Soderberg

Of that group, I'd put only 2 of them (Wattenberg and Bowman) as 100% coming back next year

Eason, Ahmed & Bryant are probably going pro.
Levi, Taylor, and Molden could test the pro waters.
McGrew, Pleasant, Chin, McKinney, Gilchrist, and Soderberg are all couch sale possibilities.
Kizer has had an ongoing medical issue.
Bronson, I believe, is technically a senior and still needs to be granted an additional year.

On a positive note, if you can keep Levi, Taylor, and Molden, that's a pretty good group of senior leaders on defense.

Comments

• godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,451 Founders Club
    Oy Vey

Isn't this the 2016 Come to Jesus Class after Pete saw after the Alabama game.

Looks alot like the 2015 class.

• RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    I really want Levi and Molden to come back. I don’t care that much about the others.

Chin is a deep threat. It would be nice to maybe have him run another route other than a deep post. Every time he comes in that’s what he does. He opened up a big catch by Bryant in the Apple Cup on the play we run with him in the game. I don’t think Chin sucks tho and he can contribute.

I would love to have Hunter Bryant too, but he seems like the surest bet to leave early.
  • godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,451 Founders Club
    And to add on to the coal in stocking theme, the Junior Class to be only has 11 guys in it, so by the time you get guys leaving early, any attrition, etc the law of small numbers screws us then.

We are closer to whatever the "reset" of the program is that started this year than the end.
  • HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537
    edited December 2019
    Ahmed, Pleasant, Bryant, Kizer are all probably gone
    Eason; who knows
    Mcgrew, Levi, Bowman, Molden, Taylor are all guys that are pretty good with plenty of experience
    Wattenberg, Bronson, Chin are fine, with experience
    McKinney I thought we would all hate because he sucks, I was wrong, it wasnt possible to hate him since he wasnt on the field enough.
    Soderberg?? who???
    Gilchrist, should have been suddenly seniored

I dont think that sounds that bad...? Also there will be a ton of returning Juniors and Sophomores with lots a playing time returning.
    Almost all the position groups have decent players with 2-3 in the program or have played a decent number of games. ILB will still be dreck young untested players but thats really the only group.

NEXT YEAR:

OL; Watty (RS SR), Mele (RS SO), Jaxson (RS JR), Bainivalu (RS JR), Curne (RS SO) Ale (RS SO) All with playing time.
    WR; Bynum RSJR, Chin RSSR, Puka also got playing time and it doesnt (typically) matter for WRs
    TE; Otton RS JR
    RB; Mcgew RSSR, Newton RSSO both with lots of playing time

DT; Levi RSSR, Bronson RSRSSR, plus a few other guys like Tuli
    EDGE; Tyron RSJR Bowman RSSR
    Secondary; Molden SR, Taylor SR plus all the young guys that got a ton of playing time this year like McDuffie, WIlliams, Asa, Gordon, Hampton.

I dont look at this limited roster of returning player and see a young team, lack of leadership, shitty foundation players, or inexperience.
    Maybe one of those advanced analytics guys can pull the numbers showing returning playing time minutes or cumulative game experience stats... whatever its called...