Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Big Contributors Next Year

Offense
========
Otton - Sure hands, rumbles, blocks, NFL tight end.
Newton - Once completely healthy again, will be our top back.
Nacua - Looked great when he finally played until he got hurt.
Bynum - Has looked great at the end of the season.
Eason - if he comes back, which I think he should.

Defense
========
Tryon - Consistent, great effort. Good pass rushing skills.
Bowman - Will be a senior leader, effort guy.
Molden - Top tackler this year. Consistent.
Onwuzurike - Run stuffer, will get to the QB more next year. Senior leader.
Ulofoshio - Solid player. Hopefully he gets pushed by a freshman

Guys I won't miss:
- Fuller
- Manu
- Wellington
- Baccelia

Strengths - QB, RB, WR, TE, DL, DB

Weaknesses - ILB and OL

Comments

• skookumskookum Member Posts: 447
    edited December 2019
    too drunk to care
  • PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,766 Founders Club
  • bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 15,128
    For ILB, assuming Ulofoshio continues to develop, you just need to find 1 guy between Hemuli, Sirmon, Tafisi, Calvert, Ngata, Bruener, McDonald, and possibly others. It shouldnt be that hard.

OL is gonna be tougher. Mele has looked good and should take 1 spot. Bain needs to improve. After that you have Curne or Faatanu as the next 2 that are probably most ready. Kalepo and Buelow will likely need more time to develop. Noorgard may be a medical retirement. The OL will be young and Huff has not proven anything as a coach
  • DawgDaze71DawgDaze71 Member Posts: 708
    I’m praying for the return of Julius Irvin.

Asa Turner should become a beast next year

Devin Culp will put this year behind him.

WR corps will be special

Dylan Morris wins the starting role.

Sean, Dick and Cameron are the tailback 3 Amigos.

Front 7 is going to be STOUT. Will win road games based on Defense
  • NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729

I’m praying for the return of Julius Irvin.

Asa Turner should become a beast next year

Devin Culp will put this year behind him.

WR corps will be special

Sean, Dick and Cameron are the tailback 3 Amigos.

Front 7 is going to be STOUT. Will win road games based on Defense

I thought this was a serious post
  • DawgDaze71DawgDaze71 Member Posts: 708

I

e

I thought this was a serious post
    I’m thinking the OL next year is a work in progress. We may need a running QB.
  • CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,412 Swaye's Wigwam
    Meek said:

we have this thread every year and it has a worse record of being right than Peterman has of winning a bowl game.

No one has any idea how things will progress in the next 9 months. I'd love to see the threads about this from last year as they probably were excited about mcclatcher making a comeback and the fact that lake just reloads the dbs exactly the same every year.
  • HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537

For ILB, assuming Ulofoshio continues to develop, you just need to find 1 guy between Hemuli, Sirmon, Tafisi, Calvert, Ngata, Bruener, McDonald, and possibly others. It shouldnt be that hard.

OL is gonna be tougher. Mele has looked good and should take 1 spot. Bain needs to improve. After that you have Curne or Faatanu as the next 2 that are probably most ready. Kalepo and Buelow will likely need more time to develop. Noorgard may be a medical retirement. The OL will be young and Huff has not proven anything as a coach

Ulofoshioio being decent is so important.

The likelihood the coaching staff pulls the plungers out of their own asses and finds two competent ILBs is zero

The likelihood the coaching staff pulls the plungers out of their own asses and finds atleast one competent ILB (of the many who RS'ed) to play with Ulofoshioio during the offseason is slightly greater than zero.
  • DoogieMcDoogersonDoogieMcDoogerson Member Posts: 2,489
    Canadawg said:

Meek said:

we have this thread every year and it has a worse record of being right than Peterman has of winning a bowl game.

No one has any idea how things will progress in the next 9 months. I'd love to see the threads about this from last year as they probably were excited about mcclatcher making a comeback and the fact that lake just reloads the dbs exactly the same every year.
    Why don't we just be miserable and not post about the future at all?

Yes it was a shitty year. It is what it is. Time to move on and think about next year. Right or wrong that's what this place is for ( kind of ) right?
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    Houhusky said:

Ulofoshioio being decent is so important.

The likelihood the coaching staff pulls the plungers out of their own asses and finds two competent ILBs is zero

The likelihood the coaching staff pulls the plungers out of their own asses and finds atleast one competent ILB (of the many who RS'ed) to play with Ulofoshioio during the offseason is slightly greater than zero.
    We’ve seen three games now where Ulofoshio has shown he can play. It’s nice knowing that. We do have a lot of bodies, which can be a good and bad thing. No more playing favorites next year, have a lot of contact in practice, and find the best player to play next to him.
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781
    Damone will probably be right...again
  • LebamDawgLebamDawg Member Posts: 8,668 Standard Supporter
    instead of big contributors should we? be looking at who the srs are?

Doing that would give a better idea of who to sit approximately game 7 or 8
  • jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,726
    I'm hearing they will be doing a boxing class with Jake Locker and Juan Garcia in the spring. Supposed to help with footwork.

Oline gonna be the Achilles heel. Watty cannot start next fall.
    Will have to be "elite" on the road.

Pete and Bush are waiting for Sam Huard to run their dumb fuck offense. Just need a cerebral guy with an above average arm.

It's hard. Next year will likely be a kick in the nuts.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    edited December 2019
    Back to Huff, I would love to see him get fired after early signing day. The thing most new OC’s insist on is bringing in their own OL coach that coaches to their scheme.

If we are actually going to bring in a new OC, Huff should also hit the gate. If Huff stays, it could handcuff our ability to bring in an OC outside the Pete tree, which absolutely needs to happen.
  • jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,726
    edited December 2019
    If they bring in a new OC which is a big if, they need develop leaders. This team has been devoid of leadership for three years. It gets brought up a lot.
    Curne needs to take wattys spot. Loved the kids film. Hopefully he will be ready. Bain needs to get bigger and stronger. Off-season needs to be Natty level for the oline.
    I just don't see Pete firing guys, because he will chalk it up to youth and inexperience.