Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Imagine having a mancrush on this loser

13»

Comments

• dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

Not sure where you guys are getting that it’s so easy to run in WSU’s system. They don’t run often so they don’t recruit OL to run block and they probably don’t practice it a ton either. Sure there are some advantages, but there are also advantages to get stats when you get 15-25 carries every game.

In 2015-16 Jamal Morrow had 143 carries for 922 yards for a 6.44 ypc and 81 receptions for another 782 (8.9 average).

In 2018-19 Borghi has 193 carries for 1156 yards for 5.98 ypc and 134 receptions for another 940 (7.01 average)

Borghi obviously has more volume and is the better player, but not by a significant amount.

No one outside of Pullman (or inside, probably) remembers a thing about Jamal Morrow.

That system is amazing for any kid with decent quickness and vision. Playing against light boxes is any RB's dream scenario.

Again, I'm not saying Borghi sucks. He's good. He's not special though.

Also, memo to UW offensive staff: Spread the field and run against light boxes.

TIA
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    dnc said:

Not sure where you guys are getting that it’s so easy to run in WSU’s system. They don’t run often so they don’t recruit OL to run block and they probably don’t practice it a ton either. Sure there are some advantages, but there are also advantages to get stats when you get 15-25 carries every game.

In 2015-16 Jamal Morrow had 143 carries for 922 yards for a 6.44 ypc and 81 receptions for another 782 (8.9 average).

In 2018-19 Borghi has 193 carries for 1156 yards for 5.98 ypc and 134 receptions for another 940 (7.01 average)

Borghi obviously has more volume and is the better player, but not by a significant amount.

No one outside of Pullman (or inside, probably) remembers a thing about Jamal Morrow.

That system is amazing for any kid with decent quickness and vision. Playing against light boxes is any RB's dream scenario.

TIA
    Morrow was pretty good too. Cuogs don’t give the RB the ball. I still think Borghi is good every time I watch them. I do think he would start or be #2 at IW too. I personally would pick him over any of our RB’s.
  • BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,346
    dnc said:

TIA
    Tight box > light box
    Rather easily.
  • LaZorisLaZoris Member Posts: 1,675 Standard Supporter

Borghi is fine, but running backs don't matter, especially when you don't run.

Coug players are always overrated when the scheme works, and its really not their fault when it doesn't work. Leach making 0 changes in 7 years gives his players no chance to succeed, I would feel bad for them if they didn't make fools of themselves every year talking shit.

i found a copy of leach's playsheet in the trash after the game:

shit is complicated, yo.

Is that San Fran or Miami ??