Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Stats are for losers or Number's don't lie??

godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,451 Founders Club
Pete is 53-26 here Including Bowls/Pac-12 Champ Games.

Back out the 16 OOC lay-ins (Hawaii/Eastern/Rutgers/BYU/Montna/Etc) plus the 2 losses to Boise/Auburn and it's 37-24. Take out beating WSU/Oregon State and he's 26-24

Eliminating his first two years and it is: 38-14 overall, after OOC's games 27-13 minus WSU/Beavs wins 20-13.

Comments

• Postal91Postal91 Member Posts: 1,803

Pete is 1-4 in bowl games. Pete can't win the big one.

Um, Fiesta Bowls... HELLLLLLLOOOOOOOO!!!!
    10 years ago

Totally forgot he went 8-4 at Boise his last year.

• Dawgs07Dawgs07 Member Posts: 1
    I honestly prefer the Neuheisel years over the Petersen years. I would rather have a Rose Bowl win followed by a couple mediocre years rather than winning 10 games and nothing to show for it at the end. Even when UW only won 8 games in 2001 season we still beat Michigan. The team was more fun and exciting. Peterson did his best when the PAC was at its worst . Plus beating the FCS teams inflates Pete's record.

Our players play so tight that if any adversity comes, they crumble. That is on coaching.

What do you guys think of Neuheisel? Would you want him over Pete or not (assumung that the UW would even allow it)?
  • PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,748 Founders Club
    Dawgs07 said:

I honestly prefer the Neuheisel years over the Petersen years. I would rather have a Rose Bowl win followed by a couple mediocre years rather than winning 10 games and nothing to show for it at the end. Even when UW only won 8 games in 2001 season we still beat Michigan. The team was more fun and exciting. Peterson did his best when the PAC was at its worst . Plus beating the FCS teams inflates Pete's record.

Our players play so tight that if any adversity comes, they crumble. That is on coaching.

What do you guys think of Neuheisel? Would you want him over Pete or not (assumung that the UW would even allow it)?

LEAVE!!
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,640 Founders Club
    People are forgetting that even with the three easy non conference games and the shitty Pac 12, Sark kept going 7-5, 5-4

Pete did that his first two years and this year, we hope, or not.

It's two titles and a playoff appearance in three years that is not easy at all and finding that coach is a huge challenge.

Not saying we shouldn't try but there is no evidence that UW can do anything in regards to a coach search other then get lucky. Usually unlucky

• BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member Posts: 11,197
    edited November 2019

People are forgetting that even with the three easy non conference games and the shitty Pac 12, Sark kept going 7-5, 5-4

It's two titles and a playoff appearance in three years that is not easy at all and finding that coach is a huge challenge.

Not saying we shouldn't try but there is no evidence that UW can do anything in regards to a coach search other then get lucky. Usually unlucky

Yeah, but what I am saying is even being unlucky the program should bottom out at 7-8 wins (yeah, Ty/Gilby years, but that was with an AD who wanted to intentionally destroy the program). If you tell me we fire Pete and the replacement goes 7-5 for the next 3 seasons before he's fired I say to you "sounds good, because the grass is looking greener next door." At least a new coach introduces an unknown variable that *might* overcome where the program is currently stuck.
  • NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729

Dawgs07 said:

LEAVE!!
    Pacific Northwest Title sounds good about right now
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,547 Swaye's Wigwam
    Dawgs07 said:

Everyone else hated the living fuck out of UW and especially Neuheisel at the time, so yes Neu.
  • CaptainPJCaptainPJ Member Posts: 2,986
    edited November 2019

an AD who wanted to intentionally destroy the program).
    “Win the Rose Bowl, ‘yada, yada, yada.”

“Playing in December is always special.”

We’re both of these Turner, or did we suffer thru 2 incompetent asses?

Pool Boy?

Abundance on this day of abundance?
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    Dawgs07 said:

65-7 followed by a collapse against Texas where they won every jump ball. They both sucked.