Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Things better than this season of Husky Football

RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,677 Founders Club

Comments

• RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,677 Founders Club
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 35,033 Founders Club
    A dick? No, you have a puffy little ginage between your supple thighs! A guy who took a thread idea too far? Yes most definately. But whats new? Now fuck off and refrain from posting till your "having fun with beavis" clears the front page
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,586 Swaye's Wigwam
    OBK_Hondo_PoliticalHotTalk_episode1_whydopoorpeoplethinkaboutpolitics.mp3
  • DoogieMcDoogersonDoogieMcDoogerson Member Posts: 2,489
    The gift my chocolate lab left me this morning in the laundry room.
  • TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813

Steve Buscemi?
  • SECDAWGSECDAWG Member Posts: 5,004

Damn, I could go on and on...

• YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 35,033 Founders Club
    edited November 2019
    SECDAWG said:

Damn, I could go on and on...

Nice 3 pt there @SECDAWG . Or is that 6 pt. I only shoot beer cans and water Mellon
  • SECDAWGSECDAWG Member Posts: 5,004
    edited November 2019

Nice 3 pt there @SECDAWG . Or is that 6 pt. I only shoot beer cans and water Mellon

Thanks. Westerners would call it a “3 by 3.” Antlers are termed by points on each side “ ___ X ___“. Down here it’s a 6 point buck. Was a big, old deer to only have 6 points but impressive rack to only have 6 points all the same. He may never had more than 6 total but a big old 6 is rare as well.
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,358 Founders Club
    SECDAWG said:

Thanks. Westerners would call it a “3 by 3.” Antlers are termed by points on each side “ ___ X ___“. Down here it’s a 6 point buck. Was a big, old deer to only have 6 points but impressive rack to only have 6 points all the same. He may never had more than 6 total but a big old 6 is rare as well.

I'm not hunting this year so please send me deer jerky. TIA
  • 1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,540 Swaye's Wigwam
    I still don't get deer hunting. It's as if fish fell from the sky every rain storm, yet people still hiked to the lake with a rod and reel. I have to navigate around nicer bucks than that just to get into my driveway every day this time of year because of the water chestnut tree alongside. The deer horde has taken over my neighborhood and make growing anything impossible ("deer resistant" $1000 privacy hedge my ass...). If I wanted to take a deer this season, I'd walk out into my backyard with an apple and a hammer.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,677 Founders Club

I still don't get deer hunting. It's as if fish fell from the sky every rain storm, yet people still hiked to the lake with a rod and reel. I have to navigate around nicer bucks than that just to get into my driveway every day this time of year because of the water chestnut tree alongside. The deer horde has taken over my neighborhood and make growing anything impossible ("deer resistant" $1000 privacy hedge my ass...). If I wanted to take a deer this season, I'd walk out into my backyard with an apple and a hammer.

I'm guessing the number of deer is related to the diminished number of hunters

As a kid tons of people hunted. We were not one of those families.

I think hunting isn't that popular anymore
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,358 Founders Club
    edited November 2019

I'm guessing the number of deer is related to the diminished number of hunters

As a kid tons of people hunted. We were not one of those families.

I think hunting isn't that popular anymore
    It is still popular in the south and PA. But a shadow of it's former self. Sad really. You haven't lived until you spot stalk an 8 pointer, make the shot over your pounding heart, then gut it in the forest and drag it a half mile cussing the entire way while throwing your back out getting it into the bed of the truck. The best experiences of my life involve hunting, fishing, drugs, killing terrorists and getting laid.

edit: Meant to make the point that you are correct. Car bumpers are the new hunters. Deer populations have exploded in many states. I recall rarely seeing a roadkill deer as a kid. Hunters kept the population healthy and in check. Now I see at least one a week minimum throughout the winter, and multiples per week during the rut. Hunting saves cars people. Do your part. Shoot a deer.