Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Which game for you put the question in Pete?

Hate him, ok with him, whatever... I'm sure everyone here had a game where they began to question the 'elite' status of Pete.

For me;
October 25th, 2014 - Arizona St in a tropical storm
Troy Williams being forced to throw downfield in one of his early games to show that mother nature and her weak ass 65mph winds are no match for a football. Nevermind Shaq and Cooper peeling off yards on the ground, let's go to the air. I always felt as though this was to put question in a young QB so that his guy, Browning, could come in clean and free of controversy. Cuz we all know Pete hates to be questioned.

THEN.... @TheChart came to town
Nov 15th, 2014 - Arizona and the hard task of clock management. I remember to this day walking through Lowes looking like a crazy homeless person talking to themselves about kneeling and burning time of the clock.

Game 1: Pete wants it his way, most stubborn coach around. Screw talent if it isn't done my way. I felt Williams was always more serviceable than Cyler, but seemed to always be put in situations that would expect to put doubt in those not w/ an office over looking a stadium... yet possibly saving a W at the same time. (NOPE) He knew what he wanted to build and this being his first year, maybe he wanted to skin the knees to get to 'his' team faster.

Game 2: Pete is horrific at clock/game management. The chart comment was some Ty Willingham level puke.

Will he do something out of spite for fans, maybe...maybe not, but my perception is set otherwise. Especially with the youth at the WR position getting hosed because of some OKG, paid your dues and practice well against the scout team BS. (Looking at you, opera) Now the fight in the dog appears gone and the next thing creeping into my head is that Sark left enough alpha in the team to carry Pete to the 2016 playoff.

All things being said Game 1 and Game 2 set it in stone for me and nothing I have seen since has broken me away from it. Pete can be a great HC, but he's gotta make some big changes. Is it too late for him in the sense that he'll simply hang it up when his contract is up?

Comments