Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

We need to get back to this kind of shit...

oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
edited December 2013 in College Football Forum

We've become pussies. What happened to punching the other team's players when things don't go your way? What happened to being downright fucking pissed when we lose? What happened to taking a licking and getting back up off the ground and going all the way to the motherfucking Rose Bowl? Embrace the Oregon tradition of thuggery and bring it back, NOW. What we've become is not what we were. Bring back the Cliff Harris bad ass attitude, and back it up with game. Get back to driving 110 down 1-5 with Darron Thomas after you've smoked the entire bag. Get back to being Oregon. Get back to kicking ass. Get back to putting fear in every single fucking team that has to play us. This is what we were. Fucking Helfrich, you better bring this shit back or get the fuck out.

Comments

• Snowballpocalypse 2013 not good enough for you?
  • oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288

Snowballpocalypse 2013 not good enough for you?

I didn't read the article about it but I doubt Helfrich owned the incident. He probably apologized for it.

• ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,512
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    If you want that, you probably want Bellotti back...Correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't all the major incidents under chip done by Bellotti recruits? Bellotti did not give a single fuck about recruiting and definitely let in a sketchier type of player. I agree that the players under Chip did have an attitude that is no longer present, but in terms of having thugs on the team, that was Bellotti's mark, not Chips....Chip was meticulous about who he offered and was overly concerned with a player's character (sans Lyerla, who was in-state and too good to not offer).
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Snowballpocalypse 2013 not good enough for you?

I didn't read the article about it but I doubt Helfrich owned the incident. He probably apologized for it.

Pretty sure Chip apologized for the Blount Punch. Very sure he suspended the responsible party.
  • doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Chip didn't need *thugs* to plunger the Pac 12. HTH
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,272
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    A tuffer head coach = tuffer players

Get a TUFF Coach.
  • FenwickFenwick Member Posts: 1,174
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment 5 Awesomes
    ^ suspended for the bowl game ^
    edited December 2013
    Great............Here's the quook excuse. You just wait. Halftime into the 41-23 beatdown from Texas, Quooks will say we were hamstrung from the loss of our 3rd string TE. Chesdick will probably add the "emotional leader" tag to help develope his retarded argument.
  • oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    ntxduck said:

Bellotti did not give a single fuck about recruiting and definitely let in a sketchier type of player. I agree that the players under Chip did have an attitude that is no longer present, but in terms of having thugs on the team, that was Bellotti's mark, not Chips

We could use some sketchier players on the team right about now.
  • ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,512
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Blame Chip for that. These are all his guys. Chip didn't win with sketchy players. He won with mentally focused players who practiced 100x harder than any team they played and knew on Saturday AM that because of how they practiced, they were going to kick the living fuck out of who they played that day. And their confidence on the field showed. If Chip was here this year, this team would be 13-0 and headed to Pasadena.

Sling Blade has managed to fuck that up in less than one year. Every practice this team has under Sling Blade is one more practice removed from the reign of Chip, and the team plays accordingly. Like shit.
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,350
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I'd like to bring up the Aliotti thing as a factor as well. Yeah he's been there forever but that whole rant against WSU passing on you while you plunger them with giant clits on your heads really sounded whiny and stupid. Chip would have told him to shut his mouth or be good enough to command his "scout team players" to stop them in the 4th.
    Sloppy practices = Sloppy onfield performances