Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Are we a republic or not?

Comments

• Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited November 2019
    2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

You are so fucking smart, obviously, and yet all you and CD is troll. Never a reasonable debate because you can't lower yourself to our level. Here is a fantastic issue to discuss yet you bring NOTHING to the table. Zero. You must live a miserable life if this is your fucking entertainment.

Why am I here? Because I'm surrounded by idiots like you. I live in Washington state and work in the fucking cesspool called Seattle. I literally have no one to talk about politics with except for guys who "get it" like @RaceBannon , @MikeDamone , and @Swaye - who actually seems like pretty smart fuckers. This board keeps me sane because I actually believe there are some people in this fucking state who aren't dipshits.

Cue the "Meltdown" response.

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

I'm curious how that changes our structure of government from being a representative republic.

Don't confuse curiosity with dumbfuckery.

Because the mostly liberal states will pool their electoral votes in case one of them doesn't produce like it normally does ruining a fundamental way our republic form of government works. Can't wait until it backfires and California, Washington, and Oregon send all their electoral votes in for Ivanka. Of course this won't happen because this "pact" tips the scales against urban America which is why it must not happen.
    All of that and you still don't answer what that has to do with being a representative republic. How about you educate yourself then come back.
    Lol. You do know it's a free country, right? You can move wherever you want. It's nice and cozy over here in Spokane.

I'm curious your take on this. As it sits right now, how will this effect the 2020 election? You want serious discussion so here's your chance.
    You’re not curious or interested in a serious discussion. That much we know.
    Why don't you answer the question? What effect will this have on the 2020 election?
    I wasn’t asked a question dumb fuck.

I didn’t read the entire thread, but did anyone say there will be an effect in 2020? Or is this your normal strawman? Idiot
    The OP commented that one they get 270 electoral college votes, our republic will be over. I asked him how anything on the wiki page changes us from being a representative republic. He dodged it. I now ask you the same.
    I thought you asked about 2020? Or some fucking thing. Do you even know what you asked?

Also, he answered you:

“ Because the mostly liberal states will pool their electoral votes in case one of them doesn't produce like it normally does ruining a fundamental way our republic form of government works. Can't wait until it backfires and California, Washington, and Oregon send all their electoral votes in for Ivanka. Of course this won't happen because this "pact" tips the scales against urban America which is why it must not happen.”

Are you going to respond or just say “educate yourself” and start asking about 2020? JFC you’re an idiot.
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

You are so fucking smart, obviously, and yet all you and CD is troll. Never a reasonable debate because you can't lower yourself to our level. Here is a fantastic issue to discuss yet you bring NOTHING to the table. Zero. You must live a miserable life if this is your fucking entertainment.

Why am I here? Because I'm surrounded by idiots like you. I live in Washington state and work in the fucking cesspool called Seattle. I literally have no one to talk about politics with except for guys who "get it" like @RaceBannon , @MikeDamone , and @Swaye - who actually seems like pretty smart fuckers. This board keeps me sane because I actually believe there are some people in this fucking state who aren't dipshits.

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

I'm curious how that changes our structure of government from being a representative republic.

Because the mostly liberal states will pool their electoral votes in case one of them doesn't produce like it normally does ruining a fundamental way our republic form of government works. Can't wait until it backfires and California, Washington, and Oregon send all their electoral votes in for Ivanka. Of course this won't happen because this "pact" tips the scales against urban America which is why it must not happen.
    All of that and you still don't answer what that has to do with being a representative republic. How about you educate yourself then come back.
    Lol. You do know it's a free country, right? You can move wherever you want. It's nice and cozy over here in Spokane.

I'm curious your take on this. As it sits right now, how will this effect the 2020 election? You want serious discussion so here's your chance.
    Why don't you answer the question? What effect will this have on the 2020 election?

I didn’t read the entire thread, but did anyone say there will be an effect in 2020? Or is this your normal strawman? Idiot
    The OP commented that one they get 270 electoral college votes, our republic will be over. I asked him how anything on the wiki page changes us from being a representative republic. He dodged it. I now ask you the same.
    I thought you asked about 2020? Or some fucking thing. Do you even know what you asked?

Also, he answered you:

“ Because the mostly liberal states will pool their electoral votes in case one of them doesn't produce like it normally does ruining a fundamental way our republic form of government works. Can't wait until it backfires and California, Washington, and Oregon send all their electoral votes in for Ivanka. Of course this won't happen because this "pact" tips the scales against urban America which is why it must not happen.”

Are you going to respond or just say “educate yourself” and start asking about 2020? JFC you’re an idiot.
    Yes I also asked about 2020. And you both ignored that question. And his response has and this potential bill have nothing to do with American being a representative republic.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

Why ask me? I didn’t say anything about it.

I ask you why didn’t you respond to his answer and why did you start asking about 2020?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited November 2019
    2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

Also, he answered you:

Yes I also asked about 2020. And you both ignored that question. And his response has and this potential bill have nothing to do with American being a representative republic.

Why are you on me about your “question”? I didn’t make any claims about anything. I didn’t take a position. I took a position on your strawman building ass about 2020. Which no one even mentioned.

Ok. Educate him on why it has nothing to do with being a representative republic rather than saying “educate yourself”. Set him straight. He is obviously misguided. Let’s read your rebuttal. You probably won’t. You’ll just keep yelling about why people won’t answer your question. Which he did. Maybe it’s not to your satisfaction and you disagree. That’s fine. I’m interested in your rebuttal argument. Hopefully better than “educate yourself”.

My god you’re a dishonest piece of shit.
  • Options
    DoogieMcDoogersonDoogieMcDoogerson Member Posts: 2,482
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Fucking technicality in your mind I guess whether we're a representative republic after this I say, this is a big change and yes, it fucks things up in terms of being a real republic with states where votes matter. You are apparently fine with this as it still satisfies your definition of a representative republic. We'll see if you're fine with it when your vote gets effectively switched and electoral votes go with the "pact" instead.

There are big economic and social differences between our states. I like things better when the state has it's say in the president and think that feels more like a republic. Technically, it still is - but realize this is just the step on the way to a pure popular vote for president which will have massive new side effects and really destroy our "republic." You will still argue that technically we will still be a republic when that happens because you can't have an adult conversation.

You asked another question about 2020 election and how this affects it? It doesn't. The dumbshit states don't add up to 270 so nothing actually happens in their fucking pact.

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

Also, he answered you:

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Fucking technicality in your mind I guess whether we're a representative republic after this I say, this is a big change and yes, it fucks things up in terms of being a real republic with states where votes matter. You are apparently fine with this as it still satisfies your definition of a representative republic. We'll see if you're fine with it when your vote gets effectively switched and electoral votes go with the "pact" instead.

There are big economic and social differences between our states. I like things better when the state has it's say in the president and think that feels more like a republic. Technically, it still is - but realize this is just the step on the way to a pure popular vote for president which will have massive new side effects and really destroy our "republic." You will still argue that technically we will still be a republic when that happens because you can't have an adult conversation.

You asked another question about 2020 election and how this affects it? It doesn't. The dumbshit states don't add up to 270 so nothing actually happens in their fucking pact.

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

Also, he answered you:

Ok Hondo. It’s in you’re court.
  • Options

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

Also, he answered you:

The pact isn't in place. That's the point of my questions. It even says so right in your wiki page. This has been staring since 2006 and means nothing other than a few states have passed a law that won't take into effect unless a certain threshold is passed. Which it won't.

Even if this were in place. It still doesn't change anything with the election of Congress, the powers of Congress, president or the supreme Court. All it would do is change the method of how the president is elected.
  • Options

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

Also, he answered you:

What's wrong with asking clarifying questions Mike? That being said, I explained myself. HTH
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

Also, he answered you:

The pact isn't in place. That's the point of my questions. It even says so right in your wiki page. This has been staring since 2006 and means nothing other than a few states have passed a law that won't take into effect unless a certain threshold is passed. Which it won't.

Even if this were in place. It still doesn't change anything with the election of Congress, the powers of Congress, president or the supreme Court. All it would do is change the method of how the president is elected.
    Ummm...you do know that the electors are appointed by state legislatures, right? Who are representatives of the people in their state...

HTH.
  • Options

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

Also, he answered you:

Ummm...you do know that the electors are appointed by state legislatures, right? Who are representatives of the people in their state...

HTH.
    You do know that the history on the Constitution is that electors in the electoral college were free to vote for who they wished regardless how the state voted. So in the instance in 2000 or 2016, the electors could change their vote to follow the popular vote.

Many states now have laws that force electors how to vote. That already changed the method outlined in the Constitution.

Come on Mike, you are better than that. And you don't address what I even said.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

Also, he answered you:

What's wrong with asking clarifying questions Mike? That being said, I explained myself. HTH
    I’m curious. Serious question. Have you read federalist 68? What do you think of It?

I generally disagree with Hamilton, but 68 is good.
  • Options

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

Also, he answered you:

I’m curious. Serious question. Have you read federalist 68? What do you think of It?

I have not read it.
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    SFGbob said:

Not to mention they were WHITE MEN.

And we know how that triggers you, especially if they are talking about abortion.
    Thanks for proving how easily triggered you are. There’s literally no bait you won’t bite at.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

Also, he answered you:

HTH.
    You do know that the history on the Constitution is that electors in the electoral college were free to vote for who they wished regardless how the state voted. So in the instance in 2000 or 2016, the electors could change their vote to follow the popular vote.

Many states now have laws that force electors how to vote. That already changed the method outlined in the Constitution.

And who has the power to select electors?

Your position that a direct election for president doesn’t chip away at a representative government is being undermined by your own comments. But you’re too dumb to know that.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

Also, he answered you:

I have not read it.

Shocking.
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 31,283
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

Also, he answered you:

That way all those illegal alien votes will count more.
  • Options

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

Also, he answered you:

HTH.

Your position that a direct election for president doesn’t chip away at a representative government is being undermined by your own comments. But you’re too dumb to know that.
    I didn't say I support direct election for president. And I don't support it. But it still has nothing to do with the US being a representative republic. And the link we are discussing does not say we will have direct election for president. HTH
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

Also, he answered you:

HTH.

I didn't say I support direct election for president. And I don't support it. But it still has nothing to do with the US being a representative republic. And the link we are discussing does not say we will have direct election for president. HTH
    Did you read 68? It certainly does.

• Options

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

Also, he answered you:

HTH.

Did you read 68? It certainly does.

Post the link and I'll read it.