Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Can Buttigieg win?

2»

Comments

• Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,922
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    edited November 2019
    2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

Heard he’s doing well with the African Americans...

Now that's funny. Stock photos from Kenya. Yeah, they all look alike.
    Bob swallows the tweet as well. And shows his blatant racism.
    Take it up with your fellow cocksucker Mayor Pete Hondo, he's the one that used stock photos of Kenyans in order to depict South Carolinian's
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

Your tweet is a lie.

Update, Nov. 15, 2019, 2:54 p.m.: The Buttigieg campaign responded in a statement:

Our campaign is working to build a multi-racial coalition, and we sought and received input from numerous Black policy experts and advisers to create a comprehensive plan to dismantle systemic racism: the Douglass Plan. We asked a number of Black South Carolinians, as well as South Carolinians from many backgrounds, to support the Douglass Plan, and we are proud and grateful that hundreds agreed to do so.

In the HBCU Times op-ed and in communications with the press, we’ve been clear that not every supporter of the plan is Black, and have never claimed otherwise in any public communication. We never gave the impression publicly that these people were endorsing Pete, only that they supported the plan. After they indicated their support, we reached out to people multiple times giving them the opportunity to review the language of the op-ed and the option to opt-out. We did hear from people who weren’t comfortable being listed and we removed them.

Pete will continue to talk about the Douglass Plan wherever he goes, regardless of the audience, as there are many communities of Americans committed to eradicating racial inequity.

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2019/11/mayor-pete-black-support-announcement.html
    Hondo's news source lies to him and he swallows like a bitch.
    Bob hates facts directly from the campaign. But believes a tweet from a random person. Lol
  • Options
    SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

Now that's funny. Stock photos from Kenya. Yeah, they all look alike.
    Bob swallows the tweet as well. And shows his blatant racism.
    Take it up with your fellow cocksucker Mayor Pete Hondo, he's the one that used stock photos of Kenyans in order to depict South Carolinian's
    Shocking that you are not only racist, but a homophobe too.
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 31,283
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

Your tweet is a lie.

Update, Nov. 15, 2019, 2:54 p.m.: The Buttigieg campaign responded in a statement:

Our campaign is working to build a multi-racial coalition, and we sought and received input from numerous Black policy experts and advisers to create a comprehensive plan to dismantle systemic racism: the Douglass Plan. We asked a number of Black South Carolinians, as well as South Carolinians from many backgrounds, to support the Douglass Plan, and we are proud and grateful that hundreds agreed to do so.

In the HBCU Times op-ed and in communications with the press, we’ve been clear that not every supporter of the plan is Black, and have never claimed otherwise in any public communication. We never gave the impression publicly that these people were endorsing Pete, only that they supported the plan. After they indicated their support, we reached out to people multiple times giving them the opportunity to review the language of the op-ed and the option to opt-out. We did hear from people who weren’t comfortable being listed and we removed them.

Pete will continue to talk about the Douglass Plan wherever he goes, regardless of the audience, as there are many communities of Americans committed to eradicating racial inequity.

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2019/11/mayor-pete-black-support-announcement.html
    Bob hates facts directly from the campaign. But believes a tweet from a random person. Lol
    Can't believe anything a lefty says. HTH
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    Hondo swallows like a bitch spin put out by his fellow cocksucker's campaign.

https://theintercept.com/2019/11/15/pete-buttigieg-campaign-black-voters/

Work the balls Hondo, work the balls. I'm not relying on any Tweet.
  • Options
    Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

Your tweet is a lie.

We already know you are a conservative sheep. Well so is Bob but he's in denial.
  • Options
    HoustonHuskyHoustonHusky Member Posts: 5,954
    First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic 5 Awesomes
    edited November 2019
    HondoFS gurgling from a politician...

We never meant to say or imply they were actual African Americans supporting the plan...’

And sure we may have lied about who said they actually supported it...

(I guess you could say Mayor Pete’s outreach is just going all the way back to Africa?)

• Options
    Standard Supporter
    2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

Your tweet is a lie.

We already know you are a conservative sheep. Well so is Bob but he's in denial.
    I'm a sheep? Mayor Butt plug's campaign puts out CYA press release spin and you call it a "fact" and claim it refutes all the charges against him. You're the fucking sheep Hondo. Hardly shocking you've got a soft spot for a fellow cocksucker.

But, but, but you're just believing a Tweet!!! Fuck off Hondo.

Buttigieg traveled to South Carolina to spread awareness of the plan. The supporters were rolled out in a press release and open letter published in the HBCU Times — which focuses on “positive news related to Historically Black Colleges and Universities.” Listed at the top of the press release were three prominent supporters, Columbia City Councilwoman Tameika Devine; Rehoboth Baptist pastor and state Rep. Ivory Thigpen; and Johnnie Cordero, chair of the state party’s Black Caucus.

“There is one presidential candidate who has proven to have intentional policies designed to make a difference in the Black experience, and that’s Pete Buttigieg,” read the open letter released along with the plan. “We are over 400 South Carolinians, including business owners, pastors, community leaders, and students. Together, we endorse his Douglass Plan for Black America, the most comprehensive roadmap for tackling systemic racism offered by a 2020 presidential candidate.”

The blowback came immediately. Devine, who has not endorsed a candidate yet in the presidential election, told The Intercept that she did not intend her support for the plan to be read as an endorsement for Buttigieg’s candidacy, and believes the campaign was “intentionally vague” about the way it was presented.

“Clearly from the number of calls I received about my endorsement, I think the way they put it out there wasn’t clear, that it was an endorsement of the plan, and that may have been intentionally vague. I’m political, I know how that works,” she said. “I do think they probably put it out there thinking people wouldn’t read the fine print or wouldn’t look at the details or even contact the people and say, ‘Hey, you’re endorsing Mayor Pete?’”

Asked if she knew if any of the black supporters of the plan were also supporters of Buttigieg, she said she wasn’t sure. “The only ones I really knew were me and Rep. Thigpen,” she said. “I don’t know many — actually, now that I think about it, other than the folks working on Mayor Pete’s campaign, I don’t know of any local elected officials who have endorsed him yet.”

Thigpen, meanwhile, has endorsed Sen. Bernie Sanders for president, and was startled when he learned the campaign had not only attached his name to the plan, but also listed him as one of three prominent supporters atop the letter.

“How it was rolled out was not an accurate representation of where I stand,” Thigpen told The Intercept. “I didn’t know about its rolling out. Somebody brought it to my attention, and it was alarming to me, because even though I had had conversations with the campaign, it was clear to me, or at least I thought I made it clear to them, that I was a strong Bernie Sanders supporter — actually co-chair of the state, and I was not seeking to endorse their candidate or the plan. But what I had talked about was potentially giving them a quote of support in continuing the conversation, because I do think it’s a very important conversation.”

Thigpen said he thought rolling out the big list of supporters was intended to show broad support in the black community, despite the reality. The letter was published out of the blue, Thigpen said. “I actually had not circled back to give them a quote, so I was alarmed and very much surprised to see, particularly, the headline as such because I do think it muddies the water, I do think it was a misrepresentation, and it easily could have confused a lot of people as to where I stood. That was, from the very beginning, concerns that I expressed,” he said. Thigpen said he reached out to the Sanders campaign to let them know what had happened, and aides there said they would talk to the Buttigieg campaign.