Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Wife just posted a pic on facebook from the Husky Stadium parking lot

2»

Comments

• dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

dnc said:

BearsWiin said:

So at my birthday party last night wife and son gave me a UW cap and t shirt. Yes, there are pics. No, they're not getting poasted here

That education is going to cost a pretty dime.
    Why would one choose to go to UW out of state over Cal? You'd have to hate money to pay more for a worse school.
    Lower bar.
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 35,033 Founders Club
    edited November 2019
    dnc said:

dnc said:

BearsWiin said:

So at my birthday party last night wife and son gave me a UW cap and t shirt. Yes, there are pics. No, they're not getting poasted here

Why would one choose to go to UW out of state over Cal? You'd have to hate money to pay more for a worse school.
    Lower bar.
    Guessing one needs about a 3.9 and 1400 to get into Cal in state. UW out of state is probably pretty similar. @creepycoug ?
  • chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,945 Swaye's Wigwam

dnc said:

dnc said:

BearsWiin said:

Lower bar.
    Guessing one needs about a 3.9 and 1400 to get into Cal in state. UW out of state is probably pretty similar. @creepycoug ?
    Unless I've misunderstood this, the admissions bar at UW for out of state students is a little lower than instate. They want as many out of state students as they can squeeze in because they make more money from them.

Just what I'm hearing...
  • TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813
    Why is no one flagging for lack of wife pics?

Fuck this place.
  • BearsWiinBearsWiin Member Posts: 5,028

dnc said:

BearsWiin said:

He's applying to several instate schools, and a few out of state. He actually wasn't planning on applying to Cal because they don't have his desired major (aerospace engineering), and I had to explain to him that at the undergrad level there isn't that much difference between aerospace and regular mechanical, so Cal just puts all its aeronautical/aerospace undergrads in the MechE program.
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,586 Swaye's Wigwam
    BearsWiin said:

dnc said:

BearsWiin said:

He's applying to several instate schools, and a few out of state. He actually wasn't planning on applying to Cal because they don't have his desired major (aerospace engineering), and I had to explain to him that at the undergrad level there isn't that much difference between aerospace and regular mechanical, so Cal just puts all its aeronautical/aerospace undergrads in the MechE program.
    Your kid sounds like a closet gay.
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 35,033 Founders Club
    haie said:

BearsWiin said:

dnc said:

BearsWiin said:

Why?
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,586 Swaye's Wigwam
    edited November 2019

haie said:

BearsWiin said:

dnc said:

BearsWiin said:

Why?
    Computer science people hate engineers because they're homosexual. Mech people hate comp sci people because they're straight.

Or is it the reverse? I forget.
  • Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,969 Standard Supporter
    Why is it that all the kids who want to go into engineering want to do aerospace?
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    BearsWiin said:

Is she over in E1? I’d like to introduce myself. ;)

(actually looks like the pic was taken from near C12)

(middle son whom some here have met is touring the campus today)

Is that the one that you bought the bong for or the one that does ballet?
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,539 Founders Club
    BearsWiin said:

What if I mail you $300 in nickels?
  • 1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,540 Swaye's Wigwam

Why is it that all the kids who want to go into engineering want to do aerospace?

Uh, you haven't heard of this little thing called "Space Force"?...
  • BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,346

Neil Armstrong wannabes.

NTTIAWWT
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,678 Standard Supporter

You’re familiar with Emmanuelle, correct?

• BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,346

You’re familiar with Emmanuelle, correct?