Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

89ute goes to Worshington

89ute89ute Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,453
First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
Swaye's Wigwam
Let it be fucking known, without Hardcore Husky, this trip never happens.

Turns out one of you Doogs found yourself with a connection to Salt Lake about the time I was brought here by The 5 Reasons in 2016. A fellowship based on alcohol and football was formed. He put this trip together for me and made it easy. Thank you sir!

Even though you fuckers already think your shit don't stink, this will further your cause.

Seeing Husky Stadium was actually a bucket list kind of thing for me. It's unique, iconic and arguably one of the most beautiful settings in all of college football. I really don't have any desire to see another stadium in our conference, or really anywhere else for that matter. Maybe a big ass SEC stadium but that's more for the SEC atmosphere and not the stadium.

My Doog fren's seats are down low, 4th row about the 10. Outstanding seats, especially for the Moss 9 yard TD reception and run plus Nacua's 28 yard reception RIGHT IN FRONT OF MY FACE.

Very loud stadium. Being down low I was able to get the full effect of the noise. Fucking loud. Quite full too. Beer on a boat at halftime. Outstanding.

I hung back at the end of the game to squeeze out every ounce of the experience. The Worshington band played Johhny Q, one of my favorite 80s tunes. Love your band.

I was asked, "what are the must do things you want to do while you are up here?" My answer was a campus tour including the boathouse with @YellowSnow leading the way. I wasn't interested in the usual touristy stuff like Pikes Market and the Space Needle. I wanted the "local experience" which is exactly what I got.

Beautiful campus, love the gothic architecture.

Not my photo, but I did have this view. Mt Ranier was out and much more visible than this. I was lucky to have practically perfect weather for my 5 day stay. Suzzallo Library was the only building we actually entered, the reading room was impressive.

I'll tell you what one of my wives said, the one who hates Petersen. I was snapping photos and sending them to her as we toured along, later that night we were talking on the phone and I was raving about how beautiful the campus was, specifically the buildings. She said "you want to know what I think" of course I said yes "how pretentious, who the fuck do they think they are, Yale, Cambridge??? the fucking school is 10 years younger than ours." (regarding the 1700's style architecture) ... so there you have it. You pretentious pricks.

Now for the boathouse. Blew me away. The row boat from 1936 hung in the rafters. I knew Worshington had an elite rowing program and did something significant in the 36 Olympic games based on stuff that I have picked up here on the site. But there was a disconnect for me, I didn't get the connection between the 36 Olympics, Hitler bla bla bla and a college row crew. So I axed my esteemed guide @YellowSnow. The piece I was missing was the colleigate champions represented the US. I also didn't know that this Worshington row crew was just a bunch of local TUFF kids who popped off did the impossible. Will read Boys in The Boat. Gave me chills looking up at that boat.

Along the lines of being impressed, there is a wall with the names of every row boat lettermen to have every oared for Worshington. I axed @YellowSnow to show me his. There was, along with all the others on about a 1 X 3 inch engraved placard. The significance of this is not lost on me. To be able to compete for your school, wear the colors and earn the letter is a way to experience college that most of us can only dream about. Hats off to you @YellowSnow and thank you for the tour.

@DerekJohnson, thank you for putting out the request to meet up at the Duchess. Cool place and an even cooler group of people. Hours and hours of good conversations and beer. Damn, that placed smelled like it was almost a hunnered years old, which it is. I liked it, but as soon as you open the door you're blasted with that smell. I regret that I didn't make it to the back room that had all the Husky memorabilia on the walls, I kept meaning to go check it out but I was perpetually preoccupied with the fine people of Hardcore Husky. I mean this. You people are some of the best shit heads I've ever met.

Here's something you'll probably never hear about your city. Cleanest bathrooms ever. I couldn't believe it. EVERY place I ate and or drank at had spotlessly clean bathrooms. I'm thinking it's because they are unisex bathrooms so us men type act responsibly. But even the men only restrooms were clean. I don't know, but they are all clean. Another thing that stuck out was all the crows. Being a bird watcher and lover I was amazed at the number of crows. It's almost as if they might be too prolific in the area, I saw very few other types of birds but I thoroughly enjoyed the crows anyway.

Yellowsnow's listening room: Wow. Just wow. I grew up playing vinyl, but vinyl on these type of stereos with shitty drug store pressings.

Every home had one and that's what we listened on. Yellowsnow's set up is magnificent. Yuge difference between the 70's cabinet systems and the set up of a mad audiophile. Yellow's system is upwards of several thousands of dollars and sounds like it too. He played a Beatles song I had heard a million times but never like this. Specifically the guitar. My old, addled brain can't remember the song, hopefully he remembers? Blew my mind. Special vinyl pressings made for audiophile systems are truly incredible. If any of you worthless fucks somehow manage to get an invite to this musical wonderland you better take it and take if fast before he changes his mind. Plus his beer is colder than the beer at the Ram. I know, I've had both. Thank you sir!

Green Lake: Arrived early on Thursday, early enough that it was still morning by the time we hit Green Lake for a run. One of the best runs of my life. I'm sure it was mostly due to the excitement for all that was ahead of me on this trip but the thick, oxygenated air at sea level allowed me to fly. I was hitting paces I NEVER hit during routine runs. Looking back it was an Omen of all good things to come on this trip.

See you in 2023.

Comments