Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Whistleblower update

Comments

• Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

The whistleblower is not one by definition. Doss not meet the criteria. Why are they hiding him? Does a real person actually exist? Or is this another demo hoax. We all have a right to know. But Trump has a constitutional right to face his accuser.

Lol show me where that's in the Constitution.
    It’s called the 6th Amendment.

Go back and watch some schoolhouse rock on YouTube.

You mean this?

In all criminal prosecutions, the accused shall enjoy the right to a speedy and public trial, by an impartial jury of the State and district wherein the crime shall have been committed, which district shall have been previously ascertained by law, and to be informed of the nature and cause of the accusation; to be confronted with the witnesses against him; to have compulsory process for obtaining witnesses in his favor, and to have the Assistance of Counsel for his defence.
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,765
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

The whistleblower is not one by definition. Doss not meet the criteria. Why are they hiding him? Does a real person actually exist? Or is this another demo hoax. We all have a right to know. But Trump has a constitutional right to face his accuser.

You mean this?

In all criminal prosecutions, the accused shall enjoy the right to a speedy and public trial, by an impartial jury of the State and district wherein the crime shall have been committed, which district shall have been previously ascertained by law, and to be informed of the nature and cause of the accusation; to be confronted with the witnesses against him; to have compulsory process for obtaining witnesses in his favor, and to have the Assistance of Counsel for his defence.
    Yes.

I know you're a moron, but until now, I didn't realize you're an illiterate moron.
  • Options

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

You mean this?

Yes.

I know you're a moron, but until now, I didn't realize you're an illiterate moron.
    I didn't realize a house investigation was a criminal proceeding. But just say it was. He's watching it on TV. And tweeting about it. HTH but I know it won't.
  • Options
    GDSGDS Member Posts: 1,470
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

Why does a provision that deals with criminal prosecutions apply to someone who by DOJ current standards can’t be charged with a crime?
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 31,282
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    It's a trial. They're claiming bribery today. That might change in an hour depending on a focus groups results.

Last I checked bribery is a crime. HTH
  • Options
    2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

You mean this?

Yes.

I didn't realize a house investigation was a criminal proceeding. But just say it was. He's watching it on TV. And tweeting about it. HTH but I know it won't.
    I reiterate my previous comment.
  • Options
    GDS said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

Why does a provision that deals with criminal prosecutions apply to someone who by DOJ current standards can’t be charged with a crime?

Shut the Fuck Up you lying, fabricating piece of shit. Go crawl back under your rock until you produce those actual words that you said Tulsi herself spoke that proved she had a "soft spot" for Assad. 3.5 weeks and counting, asshole.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,075
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

It was fun watching a Hondo laying his trap over a couple posts, only to have the snare made of dental floss.

LOLIRL
  • Options

It was fun watching a Hondo laying his trap over a couple posts, only to have the snare made of dental floss.

Except I'm right. And sadly you know it.
  • Options

2001400ex said:

I don't know the evidentiary rules of impeachment proceedings or whatever the fuck phase this is in, and doubt you do either. Between that, Schiff apparently reneging on bringing the blower in to testify, and general principles of American due process, is why I called your trap thin.
    Serious question. If everyone around Trump corroborates the whistleblower. Is the whistleblower testimony relevant?

Second question, do you believe in whistleblower protections?
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,638
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

I don't know the evidentiary rules of impeachment proceedings or whatever the fuck phase this is in, and doubt you do either. Between that, Schiff apparently reneging on bringing the blower in to testify, and general principles of American due process, is why I called your trap thin.
    Serious question. If everyone around Trump corroborates the whistleblower. Is the whistleblower testimony relevant?

No

No
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    Standard Supporter
    2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

If those people are willing to testify on their own merits, no. I’m guessing you’re really asking about hearsay thought.

If there are legal consequences for the accused that rely substantially on the whistleblower, no.
  • Options

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

If those people are willing to testify on their own merits, no. I’m guessing you’re really asking about hearsay thought.

If there are legal consequences for the accused that rely substantially on the whistleblower, no.
    In other words, we agree. That if people around Trump corroborate the whistleblower story, then the whistleblowers testimony is irrelevant.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    Standard Supporter
    2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

In other words, we agree. That if people around Trump corroborate the whistleblower story, then the whistleblowers testimony is irrelevant.
    I’d like to change me answers
  • Options

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

I’d like to change me answers
    Me thinks you know what you are saying.
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 31,282
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

Because he the whistleblower is the complainant. It's all that legal Shit.