Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Sports Illustrated: How the NFL Feels about Jacob Eason

2»

Comments

• CaptainPJCaptainPJ Member Posts: 2,986
    Seems like a clear case of “regency bias,” if you ask me.

Just sayin. . .
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    Gwad said:

Where is all the this online hate of Eason that the guy is talking about? Consensus view seems to be that's he been pretty good at times, but made some mistakes and has room for improvement. Not anywhere near the Browning hate.

I know this isn't favorable in the cognitive bias echo chamber but he lost the Utah game.
    Absolutely. It’s not really debatable. Fumble led to 3 points for Utah. Pick in the red zone cost us at least 3. Pick 6 cost us 6.

We can blame the coaching staff for overall ineptitude on offense. The turnovers fall squarely on Eason tho. I said the same thing after the game. I like Eason way better than Browning, but nobody cut Browning any slack.
  • CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,988 Founders Club

Gwad said:

Where is all the this online hate of Eason that the guy is talking about? Consensus view seems to be that's he been pretty good at times, but made some mistakes and has room for improvement. Not anywhere near the Browning hate.

I know this isn't favorable in the cognitive bias echo chamber but he lost the Utah game.
    Absolutely. It’s not really debatable. Fumble led to 3 points for Utah. Pick in the red zone cost us at least 3. Pick 6 cost us 6.

We can blame the coaching staff for overall ineptitude on offense. The turnovers fall squarely on Eason tho. I said the same thing after the game. I like Eason way better than Browning, but nobody cut Browning any slack.
    The pick in the red zone ended up leading to a UW TD after the D somehow force a 3 & out and UW took over around midfield.
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781

Eason isnt great. He is average with a big arm. He has made some dumb fucking decisions and has not willed the team to a single big win.

I think he has a lot of potential, but at this point he would benefit tremendously from another year because if he plays similar to how he does now in the NFL he is going to be terrible.

Ive also never seen a guy that big go down so easily. Watch some Big Ben film, Eason

Right now he is pretty average and I do think he’s soft. He should be a load to bring down despite not being mobile. He’s not.

I think with a good coaching staff he could be really good. He’s kind of what he’s always been. A lot of potential but you want and expect a little more.
    Has it really been 12 years......?

#damonewasright
  • FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,744
    TTJ said:

What a shitty article

When did ridiculing a couple cherry-picked cro-mag comments on the internet start to pass for journalism?

I'm just not seeing a big swell of negativity surrounding Eason. Which I think I'd notice, because I fucking love the guy. I will do cartwheels if Skinny returns for his senior year. But can we stop pretending there aren't 32 NFL GMs who'd kill or die to draft and develop a generational talent like his?
    Generational talent?
  • Blu82Blu82 Member Posts: 1,562
    He could use a real QB coach.