Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

75% Reduction in Health Care Costs ??

pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,755
First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
Founders Club
I'm all in for REAL market efficiency.

Hondo of course will fight this tooth and nail because the Health Insurance lobby is the one buttering his bread to spam our bored above all else else. See Obamacare threads. #aclockworkshill #rightontim #lapdog #Obamacarewarrior #heswiththem

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/the-us-can-slash-health-care-costs-75-with-2-fundamental-changes-and-without-medicare-for-all-2019-08-15

Comments

• Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,920
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    HSA's are the way to go. Have people fund their healthcare needs through a payroll savings plan much like SS.
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    Right now I’d settle for price tags.
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    I think the 75% thing is bullshit. Price tags are hard because so many procedures are needed right now. The market for elective stuff is there already. Cancer treatments I guess you could shop around. But a lot of the costs are from accidents and such where they need you in a hospital right now. You can't pick which ambulance, surgeon, etc. MRIs and other none emergency type stuff you could do. Prescription drugs you can look at prices but the stuff people actually need, like cancer drugs, are ridiculous expensive regardless.

Like I said, it will work in some ways but not to the tune of 75%.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,172
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    2001400ex said:

I think the 75% thing is bullshit. Price tags are hard because so many procedures are needed right now. The market for elective stuff is there already. Cancer treatments I guess you could shop around. But a lot of the costs are from accidents and such where they need you in a hospital right now. You can't pick which ambulance, surgeon, etc. MRIs and other none emergency type stuff you could do. Prescription drugs you can look at prices but the stuff people actually need, like cancer drugs, are ridiculous expensive regardless.

Pathetic

This guys shills for Obamacare and suddenly questions numbers
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Car accidents are the cause of expensive health care
  • Options

2001400ex said:

Pathetic

Obamacare was mostly awful. I've stated that many times. I did argue, however, with idiots like you that spout bullshit about it that's not true.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

Pathetic

Obamacare was mostly awful. I've stated that many times. I did argue, however, with idiots like you that spout bullshit about it that's not true.
    You still shill for it and now are shilling for single payer

Bullshit about it that's not true? Saving 2500? Keeping your doctor?

Maybe take the rest of the day off and kill yourself

• Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,573
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Did Obama do a single positive thing ever?
  • Options
    Founders Club
    2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

Pathetic

I was right. You're still a pathological lying #clockworkshill.

You have ZERO credibility. You should kill yourself to gain an ounce back.
  • Options
    Founders Club

I'm willing to give credit on pre-existing conditions.
  • Options
    pawz said:

What about forcing the insurance industry to advertise their prices on an online exchange?
  • Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,920
    Standard Supporter

2001400ex said:

Pathetic

Yeah, there's no way to pick what MRI or ambulance service you choose to use. Got to go with whichever service is provided because the hospital needs you right now.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    2001400ex said:

pawz said:

What about forcing the insurance industry to advertise their prices on an online exchange?
    As always your avoiding the advertising of prices by the health care PROVIDER.

#aclockworkshill #rightontim #lapdog #Obamacarewarrior
  • Options
    pawz said:

2001400ex said:

pawz said:

As always your avoiding the advertising of prices by the health care PROVIDER.

#aclockworkshill #rightontim #lapdog #Obamacarewarrior
    But we don't have that right now. I'm talking about something positive Obamacare gave.
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,277
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited November 2019
    2001400ex said:

Emergency services are not "a lot" of the cost. "A lot" of the cost with healthcare is due to obesity, heart disease, cancer, prescription drugs, and aging.

If emergency services caused by things like car accidents is the main driver, then let's ban cars. You're for banning everything else.
  • Options

2001400ex said:

Emergency services are not "a lot" of the cost. "A lot" of the cost with healthcare is due to obesity, heart disease, cancer, prescription drugs, and aging.

If emergency services caused by things like car accidents is the main driver, then let's ban cars. You're for banning everything else.
    And those diseases you talk about, a lot of them turn into emergency type services such as a stroke. If you have a stroke or heart attack, do you have time to pick the cheapest provider? What about kidney stones? I'm not just talking car accidents. Come on man. Even cancer at times has emergency type procedures where you can't shop your care.
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,277
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

And those diseases you talk about, a lot of them turn into emergency type services such as a stroke. If you have a stroke or heart attack, do you have time to pick the cheapest provider? What about kidney stones? I'm not just talking car accidents. Come on man. Even cancer at times has emergency type procedures where you can't shop your care.
    You honestly think the single emergency visit is more expensive than years of prescription drugs, check ups, and scheduled procedures that came before that emergency. Not to mention the years of prescription drugs, check ups, and scheduled procedures that will follow if the poor sap happens to survive?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

Stop

Shilling

Hondo hates the idea because it's free market based and would actually work

Single payer won't
  • Options

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

You honestly think the single emergency visit is more expensive than years of prescription drugs, check ups, and scheduled procedures that came before that emergency. Not to mention the years of prescription drugs, check ups, and scheduled procedures that will follow if the poor sap happens to survive?
    There's already pricing known on prescription drugs. I didn't say it was the majority, I said it's a large part.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Drug prices vary wildly too depending on insurance. You can download an app and get a huge discount paying cash

None of it makes sense but let's regulate it some more and really fix it this time