Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

No wonder Chip Kelly had Oregon on top

The guy is an amazing coach. Today they looked like toast through 3 quarters and they score 28 points in the 4th to win the game. Can't run plays to the perimeter? No problem, just buckle down and run it up the gut, with an occasional pass to keep the defense honest. And you can tell the team has full confidence in the guy. No wonder Duck fans are now so stressed about Helfrich - those with half a brain (half brains?) now realize what they lost.

Comments

• Options
    Haid_D_SalaamiHaid_D_Salaami Member Posts: 541
    First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Testing 1
    edited December 2013
    We're plungering Oregon again in the Off Season Natty

And Chip is a great coach. He's not even taking the time to rebuild.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,726
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Eagles ruin the Hawks magical season

Cook it
  • Options
    1. Seahawks
    2. Saints
    3. Eagles
    4. Detroit
    5. Niners
    6. Panthers

Wildcard: Eagles beat Panthers, Niners beat Lions.

Divisional: Seahawks beat Niners, Eagles beat Saints

Conference Champ: Eagles beat Seahawks.

Cook it.

• Options

Cook it

They aren't going to beat Seattle in Seattle. Just not happening.
  • Options

Cook it

They aren't going to beat Seattle in Seattle. Just not happening.
    Yes but it's fun to pretend.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    The Eagles are the only team in the NFC that can win a playoff game in Seattle.

Simple fact, case closed, end of discussion.
  • Options
    AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    Ugh. I figured this was gonna be a transitional year, but I think this is the most painful ending to a season since the Grellow helmets game against BYU at the Vegas Bowel. If Texas sticks to the run they might beat us. fuck.
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,577
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    It would be funny if he beat Andy Reid in the Superbowl
  • Options
    puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

As my Oregon buddy said in August: "People think Chip's key to success is the hurry up offense. It's not. His strength is his brilliant ability to innovate."

Come on its the NFL. Not about innovation, it's about focus, flawless execution and motivating 60 overpaid jive turkeys (which applied at Oregon too).. Nobody is reinventing the wheel in the NFL, especially with Flawless Foles. Pass, run, block and tackle.

• Options

As my Oregon buddy said in August: "People think Chip's key to success is the hurry up offense. It's not. His strength is his brilliant ability to innovate."

Come on its the NFL. Not about innovation, it's about focus, flawless execution and motivating 60 overpaid jive turkeys (which applied at Oregon too).. Nobody is reinventing the wheel in the NFL, especially with Flawless Foles. Pass, run, block and tackle.

Puppylove_sugarsteel is off his meds in this thread.
  • Options
    oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

The guy is an amazing coach. Today they looked like toast through 3 quarters and they score 28 points in the 4th to win the game. Can't run plays to the perimeter? No problem, just buckle down and run it up the gut, with an occasional pass to keep the defense honest. And you can tell the team has full confidence in the guy. No wonder Duck fans are now so stressed about Helfrich - those with half a brain (half brains?) now realize what they lost.

Really? Water is wet? I fucking hate Helfrich.
  • Options
    oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    AZDuck said:

Ugh. I figured this was gonna be a transitional year, but I think this is the most painful ending to a season since the Grellow helmets game against BYU at the Vegas Bowel. If Texas sticks to the run they might beat us. fuck.

What's wrong with that? They lost to Baylor 30-10. Beating that shitty team gets us nothing. The best outcome would probably be to lose this game and get Helfrich the fuck out of Eugene immediately.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,897
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    edited December 2013

Puppylove_sugarsteel is off his meds in this thread.
    yeah, but it's funny as hell. I laughed out loud.
  • Options
    allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    I told you idiots in the pre-season that Chip would go down as the GOAT. Finally catching on.
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,280
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    AZDuck said:

Ugh. I figured this was gonna be a transitional year, but I think this is the most painful ending to a season since the Grellow helmets game against BYU at the Vegas Bowel. If Texas sticks to the run they will beat us. fuck.

• Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

This seriously might be the case. One would think that with their hurry up the noise issues would impact them the least, not to mention they will make it hard on Seattle to rotate in DL.

OTOH, are you really betting on Nick Foles on the road in the playoffs?

Should be interesting either way.

• Options
    dnc said:

This seriously might be the case. One would think that with their hurry up the noise issues would impact them the least, not to mention they will make it hard on Seattle to rotate in DL.

OTOH, are you really betting on Nick Foles on the road in the playoffs?

Should be interesting either way.

Their defense is still shitty and Nick Foles making his first career start in that stadium in the playoff atmosphere will be a rude awakening for him.

Their special teams is still a dreckfest and a big reason why they won is because Jim Swartz is the Steve Sarkisian of the NFL. Nobody does less with more than him plus he always falls back on "inherited 0-16" like Steve quotes 0-12.

It's not going to happen.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

I told you idiots in the pre-season that Chip would go down as the GOAT. Finally catching on.

I know you're being sarcastic but I don't see Chip Kelly anywhere in this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHGLGhOYgGU