Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Ducks move up to #6 in CFB Playoff poll

2Β»

Comments

• Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,494
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    DJDuck said:

SECDAWG said:

DJDuck said:

Agree. Alabama won’t even be SEC Champs let alone Division champs.

Ohio State can’t afford to lose vs Penn State either.

See Bama 2017 season. They didn’t play for SEC championship and made it in and WON NC.

See also obk, I can promise you they are not out, depending on how they finish.

I’m gone say 1 more time, esp since J pointed out I’m 4/5(just a little longer), Auburn beat Oregon. You get that?? They will have lost 3 times if Bama beats them at home. Beating them on a neutral field is one thing, they don’t get beat much at HOME.

Will be chinteresting this weekend when GA gets there. Auburn May lose again.

Bama throttles then in iron bowl, lookout. Ga will still be in SEC championship game even if they lose to Auburn. NO MATTER WHAT HAPPENS in SEC championship game tween LSU and GA, lookout of BAMA runs table. Js.

LSU stil has to go to ole miss, and they ain’t same team when Cal played em so LSU stil has them and Texas A&M, but it’s at home. GA has to go to Auburn this week and face LSU or Alabama if LSU has implosion.

A lot of games left, and we js talking(fags I rekon) but a lot still on the line.

Pull for Texas A&M and Ole miss against LSU and Auburn against Bama(that’s only game they MAY lose)....

But if LSU makes it against GA, winner in. Bama runs table and beats Auburn, Mark my words, screen shot, they will put Bama in.

Glad y’all got to see me.
    SECDAWG said:

DJDuck said:

Agree. Alabama won’t even be SEC Champs let alone Division champs.

Ohio State can’t afford to lose vs Penn State either.

See Bama 2017 season. They didn’t play for SEC championship and made it in and WON NC.

See also obk, I can promise you they are not out, depending on how they finish.

I’m gone say 1 more time, esp since J pointed out I’m 4/5(just a little longer), Auburn beat Oregon. You get that?? They will have lost 3 times if Bama beats them at home. Beating them on a neutral field is one thing, they don’t get beat much at HOME.

Will be chinteresting this weekend when GA gets there. Auburn May lose again.

Bama throttles then in iron bowl, lookout. Ga will still be in SEC championship game even if they lose to Auburn. NO MATTER WHAT HAPPENS in SEC championship game tween LSU and GA, lookout of BAMA runs table. Js.

LSU stil has to go to ole miss, and they ain’t same team when Cal played em so LSU stil has them and Texas A&M, but it’s at home. GA has to go to Auburn this week and face LSU or Alabama if LSU has implosion.

A lot of games left, and we js talking(fags I rekon) but a lot still on the line.

Pull for Texas A&M and Ole miss against LSU and Auburn against Bama(that’s only game they MAY lose)....

But if LSU makes it against GA, winner in. Bama runs table and beats Auburn, Mark my words, screen shot, they will put Bama in.

Glad y’all got to see me.
    Each season is different. There were teams with multiple loses they were competing with. Right now this is not the case.

2017 AP Poll: Final Rankings
    Alabama (57) (13-1) 1521.
    Georgia (13-2) 1454.
    Oklahoma (12-1) 1374.
    Clemson (12-2) 1292.
    Ohio State (12-2) 1286.
    πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
  • Options
    DJDuckDJDuck Member Posts: 5,970
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    edited November 2019
    You can laugh all you want but what you posted has little relevance to this year. Oregon fans are keenly aware of the vicissitudes of these CFB things.

β€œIn yet another controversial season for the BCS, No. 4 Nebraska was chosen as a national title contender despite not having played in the Big 12 championship game. The Huskers went into their last regularly scheduled game at Colorado undefeated, but were beaten by Colorado 62–36. The Huskers dropped from No. 2 to No. 6 in the wire service polls. In the ensuing days, No. 2 Florida lost to Tennessee, the Colorado Buffaloes went on to win the Big 12 Championship Game over No. 3 Texas, and in the SEC Championship Game, No. 2 Tennessee was stunned by LSU. This left Miami as the undefeated and undisputed No. 1 team in the country but a host of other teams vying for #2. The BCS computers did not take into account at which point a team's loss came during the season. There were also components for strength of schedule, quality win, and margin of victory.

With this calculation, one-loss Nebraska came out ahead of two-loss Colorado and one-loss, second-ranked Oregon.

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    DJDuck said:

You can laugh all you want but what you posted has little relevance to this year. Oregon fans are keenly aware of the vicissitudes of these CFB things.

β€œIn yet another controversial season for the BCS, No. 4 Nebraska was chosen as a national title contender despite not having played in the Big 12 championship game. The Huskers went into their last regularly scheduled game at Colorado undefeated, but were beaten by Colorado 62–36. The Huskers dropped from No. 2 to No. 6 in the wire service polls. In the ensuing days, No. 2 Florida lost to Tennessee, the Colorado Buffaloes went on to win the Big 12 Championship Game over No. 3 Texas, and in the SEC Championship Game, No. 2 Tennessee was stunned by LSU. This left Miami as the undefeated and undisputed No. 1 team in the country but a host of other teams vying for #2. The BCS computers did not take into account at which point a team's loss came during the season. There were also components for strength of schedule, quality win, and margin of victory.

With this calculation, one-loss Nebraska came out ahead of two-loss Colorado and one-loss, second-ranked Oregon.

🀣
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,523
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    HAIE WHAT IS WRONG WHY ARE YOU CRYING WHO HURT YOU!?!!!???!
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

@haie is seething in a jealous rage

He’s laughing at you because you haven’t figured out that a second loss is coming.

Or maybe he is crying? HAIE?!??!
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    PurpleJ said:

He’s laughing at you because you haven’t figured out that a second loss is coming.

You can laugh all you want but what you posted has little relevance to this year.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    haie said:

PurpleJ said:

You can laugh all you want but what you posted has little relevance to this year.
    Only Pac-12 school with a playoff win!!!!!1
  • Options
    oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    PurpleJ said:

• Options
    ramenduckramenduck Member Posts: 734
    Our only worry is the SEC honks arguing that they should get two teams. That, and somehow undefeated Minnesota or Baylor teams. Lots of football left, but we? are well placed at 6 at the moment.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,066
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    PurpleJ said:

Bunch of fags dealing in hypotheticals in this thread.

The one sure thing is a 2-3 loss Oregon is won't get in. So I don't know why this is on the Duck bored.

• Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,743
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    DJDuck said:

Alabama- plays Auburn and will not be SEC or even division champion.

Georgia plays Auburn and will face LSU in title game

Ohio State plays Michigan and Penn State. If they lose to Penn State they likely won’t even play for the Big Ten title. If they win they play Minnesota

Clemson plays Wake and South Carolina

LSU pretty much has cupcakes left.

Bottom line we root for Michigan, Auburn and Penn State and take care of business.😁

Rooting for OSU to lose is like rooting for @EwaDawg to get a PhD in Astrophysics. Not gonna happen.

Focus your emotions on the rest and, if Oregon makes it to the Rose Bowl, prey the Bucks aren't there. They will throttle whomever shows up.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,743
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

LSU is ahead of Bama

The SEC isn't getting 3 teams

LSU loses to Georgia and Bama is out

This is right.
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,279
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    I'll wait until after the Oregon/Oregon St. game to see how things shake-up. At that point, if both Oregon and Utah each have one loss, then I'll join in on the discussion. But quite honestly, there is way too much football left to be played.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,387
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

LSU is ahead of Bama

The SEC isn't getting 3 teams

LSU loses to Georgia and Bama is out

This is right.
    Of course
  • Options
    RatherBeBrewingRatherBeBrewing Member Posts: 1,557

You just hate to see it. A computer nerd full of jealousy for things other people have. @haie isn’t as entertaining as Ballzsac but it’s better than nothing.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

You just hate to see it. A computer nerd full of jealousy for things other people have. @haie isn’t as entertaining as Ballzsac but it’s better than nothing.
    🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣😸🀣🀣🀣
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Super jealous I'm not a UO alum doing "digital marketing" for 45k at Nike.

🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣☺️🀣🀣🀣

• Options
    oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    Oregon needs to start blowing teams out of the building, starting with Arizona, to gain ground on Alabama. No one respects the next three teams we play. Need to make a statement in every one. No more come from behind close wins, that doesn't cut it at this point in the season.