Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Stats are for losers fupdate

Comments

• Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited November 2019

Iowa would beat us like a rented mule

I doubt it. They couldn’t handle our speed. That’s what happens when those kind of good, plodding Big 10 teams play against teams from different conferences.

We would either win rather easily, win close, or lose a close game. No fucking chance Iowa could beat us soundly.

They beat Mississippi State last year. That’s barely a SEC team.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Baphomet said:

Sap + always over ranks us. The computers must like baffling incompetence

I don't think FPI is too off the mark. This team - in spite of all its warts - is still probably about 20 to 25th best in the country.
    Maybe if you only look at player talent.

But with our coaching staff we are more like 40 to 45th best in the country.
    I think we are probably a 20-30 team. We aren’t good, but we aren’t that bad.
  • Options
    Neighbor2972Neighbor2972 Member Posts: 4,296
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    We are just good enough to lose in heartbreaking ways to everyone outside the top 5. Losers lose, but we are pretty good losers.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

I know the reaction to this is UW too high, but maybe this should be thought of as more of an indictment on the coaches than anything. Says a lot about the game management that our record is where it is.
    I said this in another thread but in 2016 we were 2 c-hairs away from no CFP appearance. This year we are 10 pts from 8-1 and looking better than we really are. Football is a weird game and sometimes the ball bounces your way and sometimes it doesn't. Might as well rip the band off and expose stubborn ass Pete to the concept that he's not the smartest guy in the room.
    Fuck off, not having competent ILB and WR is coaching issue and not fucking luck. Keep making fucking excuses to make your self feel better about coach that is fucking things up for the program
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,987
    Swaye's Wigwam
    FirePete said:

I know the reaction to this is UW too high, but maybe this should be thought of as more of an indictment on the coaches than anything. Says a lot about the game management that our record is where it is.
    I said this in another thread but in 2016 we were 2 c-hairs away from no CFP appearance. This year we are 10 pts from 8-1 and looking better than we really are. Football is a weird game and sometimes the ball bounces your way and sometimes it doesn't. Might as well rip the band off and expose stubborn ass Pete to the concept that he's not the smartest guy in the room.
    Fuck off, not having competent ILB and WR is coaching issue and not fucking luck. Keep making fucking excuses to make your self feel better about coach that is fucking things up for the program
    Watch your mouth, Weak Arms. No one is arguing that we don’t have a lot of problem areas. It’s not time to fire the head coach,yet. We’ll revisit after the 2020 season.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

FirePete said:

Watch your mouth, Weak Arms. No one is arguing that we don’t have a lot of problem areas. It’s not time to fire the head coach,yet. We’ll revisit after the 2020 season.
    I don’t like your narrative that the “ball bounces your way” that was not the case. This was pure missmanagement
  • Options
    LebamDawgLebamDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,551
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

Sap + always over ranks us. The computers must like baffling incompetence

I don't think FPI is too off the mark. This team - in spite of all its warts - is still probably about 20 to 25th best in the country.
    No we arent. We cant even close out against shit teams in our conference. 35 sounds about right
    We suck, until we don't PGOS. That's not the point. But I count 7 or 8 teams in the AP Top 25 that we would beat 81% of the time on an neutral field.
    on paper we might make that happen - but what happens when our? coaches screw up the game plan? Well we lose, but not by much, so our? paper rankings still look good...

In other worlds and words, we win the best 6-4 team contest.

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Swaye said:

FirePete said:

If we suck next year and don’t win the conference I’ll have serious questions, especially if Eason returns. A new QB gives him a tiny bit of leeway, but we should still expect 10+ wins. I don’t have much confidence in Sirmon or Morris with what we have seen from our offenses.

Pete has earned a down year. It’s been bad. @FirePete is a one note pony. He’s more or less replaced Boobs.

Like my good buddy Kent Griswald says, “dig a little deeper.” We haven’t even had a chance yet to “level up” with all the recruits the TBSers were drooling over.

I still expect to win some Pac 12 titles and seriously contend for a natty in the next couple of years. If Pete can’t get it done soon, I’ll be ready to want him fired. I’m disappointed, but I’m not there yet.
    Let it be known I was the first to recognize this.
    @TierbsHsotBoobs never asked me if I make my wife "moist". I mean JFC....
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Swaye said:

FirePete said:

If we suck next year and don’t win the conference I’ll have serious questions, especially if Eason returns. A new QB gives him a tiny bit of leeway, but we should still expect 10+ wins. I don’t have much confidence in Sirmon or Morris with what we have seen from our offenses.

Pete has earned a down year. It’s been bad. @FirePete is a one note pony. He’s more or less replaced Boobs.

Like my good buddy Kent Griswald says, “dig a little deeper.” We haven’t even had a chance yet to “level up” with all the recruits the TBSers were drooling over.

I still expect to win some Pac 12 titles and seriously contend for a natty in the next couple of years. If Pete can’t get it done soon, I’ll be ready to want him fired. I’m disappointed, but I’m not there yet.
    Let it be known I was the first to recognize this.
    @TierbsHsotBoobs never asked me if I make my wife "moist". I mean JFC....
    REAL Sven would have said something far, far worse.
    Hence, why I think FirePete is a nice enough guy and I don't take too much offense.
  • Options
    CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,297
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club

FirePete said:

FirePete said:

I don’t like your narrative that the “ball bounces your way” that was not the case. This was pure missmanagement
    Do you watch college football ever? Every good fucking coach in the country blows a game or two per year. Not losing to Stanford and splitting Utah/Oregon would have been a good (not great) season for this team. None of us are in disagreement that the coaching staff has made poor personal decisions and failed to make good 2nd half adjustments.

The problem with the @FirePete movement is that it's not a solution that's likely going to yield us better results right now. All it is whinny group therapy for us internet tuff guys.

I want to win Pac 12 titles and go to the CFP on occasion. Pete sucks and in spit of himself has been able to deliver these results. If he stops doing so, then yes, by all means let's @FirePete. Our own program is the perfect example of given a good coach the necessary time to make paradigm shifts- i.e., 17 years to go undefeated for the first time.
    Yes. Every "best in history" coach has had down years. Every fucking one. If you think Pete should be fired, you should have acid thrown in your eyeballs.

• Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,554
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    The 35 points or less stat is so fucking meaningless. As if giving up 35 is an indicator of having a good defense.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

The 35 points or less stat is so fucking meaningless. As if giving up 35 is an indicator of having a good defense.

It wouldn't be meaningless if Pete would unfuck his shitty ass offense. We'd have a NT by now.
  • Options
    DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    @YellowSnow and @RoadDawg55 and myself are holding the line against the angry mob this season.

But we all know:

The mob will easily flip back to saying “I knew it all along!” when Pete rights the ship and continues his winning ways for seasons to come.

Take all the screenshots you need.