Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

No quid pro quo

Options
2001400ex
2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
Of course the narrative now is quid pro quo isn't a crime. Lol

It wasn’t Donald Trump who released the promised military aid to Ukraine, but the State Department, after lawyers determined that the White House freeze on the funds was illegal, several sources have told Bloomberg.

Trump has claimed he released the aid on September 11. But five sources told Bloomberg that $141 million of the money was actually authorized to be released several days earlier after lawyers determined that the White House Office of Management and Budget and, therefore, the president, had no legal standing to block the funds. The decision was outlined in a classified memo to Secretary of State Mike Pompeo, according to Bloomberg.

https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/ukraine-aid-state-department-donald-trump-illegal-012318334.html

Comments

• PurpleThrobber
    PurpleThrobber Member Posts: 42,429
    Options
    Life is quid pro quo

But I’ll play that game.

Trump asked for Ukraine to investigate and threatens to withhold funds.

Ukraine doesn’t do anything and still gets paid.

That doesn’t sound like ‘something for something’ or ‘this for that’ which is the literal translation of ‘quid pro quo’. In fact, the payment was something for nothing - the exact opposite of ‘quid pro quo’

Progressives trying to coopt the definition of ancient Latin like they do with English words - ‘liberal’ comes to mind.
  • Sledog
    Sledog Member Posts: 31,707
    Options
    I hope they look into north Korea we offered a bunch of stuff if they dump their nukes and we're punishing them until they do. HTH
  • pawz
    pawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 19,047 Founders Club
    Options
    2001400ex said:

It wasn’t Donald Trump who released the promised military aid to Ukraine, but the State Department, after lawyers determined that the White House freeze on the funds was illegal, several sources have told Bloomberg.

Trump has claimed he released the aid on September 11. But five sources told Bloomberg that $141 million of the money was actually authorized to be released several days earlier after lawyers determined that the White House Office of Management and Budget and, therefore, the president, had no legal standing to block the funds. The decision was outlined in a classified memo to Secretary of State Mike Pompeo, according to Bloomberg.

https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/ukraine-aid-state-department-donald-trump-illegal-012318334.html

#TDSskrong #aclockworkshill
  • 2001400ex
    Options

Life is quid pro quo

But I’ll play that game.

That doesn’t sound like ‘something for something’ or ‘this for that’ which is the literal translation of ‘quid pro quo’. In fact, the payment was something for nothing - the exact opposite of ‘quid pro quo’

Progressives trying to coopt the definition of ancient Latin like they do with English words - ‘liberal’ comes to mind.

You are smarter than that. If what is reported is true, Trump said he wouldn't give them money already promised unless they investigated a political opponent.
  • 2001400ex
    Options
    Sledog said:

I hope they look into north Korea we offered a bunch of stuff if they dump their nukes and we're punishing them until they do. HTH

Lol. Are you really trying to equate investigating a political opponent to trying to trying to end a nuclear risk?
  • PurpleThrobber
    Options
    2001400ex said:

Life is quid pro quo

But I’ll play that game.

You are smarter than that. If what is reported is true, Trump said he wouldn't give them money already promised unless they investigated a political opponent.
    I am smarter than 'that'. "That' being "you".

Did or did not the Ukraine get the money?

• 2001400ex
    Options

2001400ex said:

Life is quid pro quo

But I’ll play that game.

According to this report, much later and only with State department intervention.
  • PurpleThrobber
    Options
    2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

Life is quid pro quo

But I’ll play that game.

According to this report, much later and only with State department intervention.
    The answer is either "yes" or "No".

Also acceptable would be "They Did" or "They Didn't".

• pawz
    edited November 2019
    Options
    2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

Lol. Are you really trying to equate investigating a political opponent to trying to trying to end a nuclear risk?
    Still to be established: is the investigation happening BECAUSE its a political opponent? or because actual corruption?

This entire thing is presupposed by the idea that Trump is remotely concerned by running against Sleepy Joe Biden. Everyone with a half-brain understands Trump will wipe his ass with Biden in a general. ZERO need for Primary subterfuge.

But please, feel free to go fuck yourself.
  • 2001400ex
    Options
    pawz said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

Still to be established: is the investigation happening BECAUSE its a political opponent? or because actual corruption?

This entire thing is presupposed by the idea that Trump is remotely concerned by running against Biden. Everyone with a half-brain understands Trump will wipe his ass with Biden in a general. ZERO need for Primary subterfuge.

I don't like Biden and I won't really have a vote in the process as it'll be decided before Washington has the primaries. But if Biden gets the nod, he'll have a better chance against Trump than pence. I think Democrats would rather run against Trump really. But if he committed an impeachable offense so be it.
  • 2001400ex
    Options

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

Life is quid pro quo

But I’ll play that game.

Learn some nuance. You sound like Race.
  • Sledog
    Sledog Member Posts: 31,707
    Options
    We've read the transcript. The only one who tried to alter it is the supposed whistleblower. I guess the deep state operative didn't manage to plant false evidence and Schitt is pissed the plan didn't work so he is doing everything he can to hide the whistleblower if he even exists.
  • pawz
    Options
    2001400ex said:

pawz said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

This entire thing is presupposed by the idea that Trump is remotely concerned by running against Biden. Everyone with a half-brain understands Trump will wipe his ass with Biden in a general. ZERO need for Primary subterfuge.

I don't like Biden and I won't really have a vote in the process as it'll be decided before Washington has the primaries. But if Biden gets the nod, he'll have a better chance against Trump than pence. I think Democrats would rather run against Trump really. But if he committed an impeachable offense so be it.
    So you have have nothing. Again.

All of you should fuck right off.

• PurpleThrobber
    Options
    2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

Life is quid pro quo

But I’ll play that game.

So you aren't going to answer the question. It's barely multiple choice.

• 2001400ex
    Options

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

Life is quid pro quo

But I’ll play that game.

The answer is in the quote in the OP. HTH
  • SFGbob
    SFGbob Member Posts: 31,923 Standard Supporter
    Options
    2001400ex said:

But Hondo doesn’t know if Trump committed an impeachable action.
  • PurpleThrobber
    Options
    2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

Life is quid pro quo

But I’ll play that game.

The answer is in the quote in the OP. HTH
    So you concur Ukraine received money as authorized by the State Department.

• Bendintheriver
    Bendintheriver Member Posts: 5,565
    Options
    Huffpo.........................all you need to know. Their history is, well, full of proof of hookers peeing on Trump.