Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Liatu Latu

Is he playing anymore or did we blow his redshirt for one safety against a D2 team?

Comments

• RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    He’s good. We jumped the gun a little early with him tho. He offers nothing as a pass rusher. Like Potoa’e, I think he’s really a DT. Not enough explosion or bend to play outside.
    edited November 2019
    FirePete said:

He’s good. We jumped the gun a little early with him tho. He offers nothing as a pass rusher. Like Potoa’e, I think he’s really a DT. Not enough explosion or bend to play outside.

dude he is way more athletic than benning
    I agree. He’s still really a DT. That’s his best position. I think he would be a monster there. He could be 290+ easy. He’s not a Buck. He’s not quick for an outside guy. He would be inside.

When he plays well inside in the next year or two, I’ll tell you I told you so.
  • puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    edited November 2019
    Latu is future all pac12. Just like Tryon who under Sark would have been a coug. And no 55, he's not an interior DT. Idiot. Could he be? Yes. will he be? Only because none are available this year
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    edited November 2019

FirePete said:

I agree. He’s still really a DT. That’s his best position. I think he would be a monster there. He could be 290+ easy. He’s not a Buck. He’s not quick for an outside guy. He would be inside.

Don’t worry I got all the screen shots
  • HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537
    edited November 2019

FirePete said:

Disagree, would rather keep him slimmer and play him on the edge.

The program has a ton of big bodies for the inside, for the first time in a long time UW has a chance at having two legitimate edge guys in tryon and Latu at the same time.

I really liked what I saw from Latu on the edge against the run at the start of the season. He has good hands and instincts when is comes to keeping the OT off him, sliding with the run, and filling the hole.
  • CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,410 Swaye's Wigwam
    Houhusky said:

FirePete said:

The program has a ton of big bodies for the inside, for the first time in a long time UW has a chance at having two legitimate edge guys in tryon and Latu at the same time.

I really liked what I saw from Latu on the edge against the run at the start of the season. He has good hands and instincts when is comes to keeping the OT off him, sliding with the run, and filling the hole.
    Last time I checked we will have bowman and savvy next year as well. Bowman has been quite good throughout the year and obviously we hope smalls to have an impact
  • HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537
    Canadawg said:

Houhusky said:

FirePete said:

Last time I checked we will have bowman and savvy next year as well. Bowman has been quite good throughout the year and obviously we hope smalls to have an impact
    Bowman has played well but he is really still a 3rd down pass rusher IMO.

Smalls will be a true freshman so Im not going to count on him
    Houhusky said:

Canadawg said:

Houhusky said:

FirePete said:

i expect smalls to sit on the bench
    Houhusky said:

FirePete said:

I like Latu no matter what. I think that got twisted. Still, since his half sack vs Cal, I don’t think he’s even got pressure on the QB once.

I would rather let his body develop naturally than pigeonhole him outside where he will always be fighting to keep his weight down.
    Houhusky said:

Canadawg said:

Houhusky said:

FirePete said:

Bowman also plays better inside where his quickness is too much for the OL.

Tryon is good and developing. We don’t have the body types that are ideal to play outside. Trice does. Smalls does too. I hope both those guys are ready to contribute next year, but I’m not really counting on it.

Houhusky said:

Canadawg said:

Houhusky said:

FirePete said:

Bowman also plays better inside where his quickness is too much for the OL.

Tryon is good and developing. We don’t have the body types that are ideal to play outside. Trice does. Smalls does too. I hope both those guys are ready to contribute next year, but I’m not really counting on it.
    jordan lolahela is someone i am looking forward too. i think he might be good edge guy