Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Eason

2»

Comments

• PurpleJPurpleJ Member Posts: 36,952 Founders Club

PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

People forget that Eason hasn’t even played two full seasons. He could improve a lot still or not. No one fucking knows. The greatest NFL QB of all time was a 6th round pick. This shit is impossible to predict.

Wait until he gets his reads down POTD.
    Such dumb 4.0 HS GPA, J. I said he he could improve a lot or not. No one knows.

#reedskrong
    So let’s mention him in the same breath as Tom Brady!
    I love Brady. I use Brady as the classic example of no one being able to project NFL QBs worth a shit.
    Tom Brady had his reads down. Some QBs are just dumb. Guess which one Eason is.
    They said Farvre was dumb as rock. Eason could be a bust or not. All I am saying is trying to predict his ultimate outcome is hard.

Eason isn’t the reason we suck this year. He’s still been a solid upgrade over Browning not that this is saying much.
    Farve could run.
  • backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,839
    Home boy didn’t play great but again how many drops did we have last night?
  • HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537

PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

People forget that Eason hasn’t even played two full seasons. He could improve a lot still or not. No one fucking knows. The greatest NFL QB of all time was a 6th round pick. This shit is impossible to predict.

#reedskrong
    I love Brady. I use Brady as the classic example of no one being able to project NFL QBs worth a shit.
    They said Farvre was dumb as rock. Eason could be a bust or not. All I am saying is trying to predict his ultimate outcome is hard.

Eason isn’t the reason we suck this year. He’s still been a solid upgrade over Browning not that this is saying much.
    1) farve was the definition of finding a way to win, left handed throws, running, talking shit, playing through injuries, clutch. I haven’t seen any indication Eason has the clutch gene in him, TUFFness, or ability in figuring out how to win even with everything going to shit and collapsing around him.

2) agree, Eason is an improvement, I hope he comes back, the team is better with him. I don’t think he has been that much better than what I expect from a top 20 program QB though...
  • PurpleJPurpleJ Member Posts: 36,952 Founders Club
    If you are a slow pocket passer, you better get your reads down. I see nothing from Eason that suggests he is capable of that. He stares down the primary receiver and drills it at him. Almost every time.

He might learn to check down someday, but I don't think he will ever be ELITE at that. He just doesn’t seem to be that smart. You need to be ELITE at that if you want to be a pocket passer in the NFL.

Which is why I laughed at @YellowSnow even mentioning him next to Brady. I would compare him to Herbert right now, as he had similar problems last year. Herbert has improved, but neither will be good in the NFL.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    Eason doesn’t process the game fast enough to be even decent in the NFL right now. I’m not sure he ever will. He does have a strong arm and he is pretty accurate for the most part.

He’s a good QB. Since he’s slow at processing things, he will never be great. That’s okay for UW tho. I really hope he does come back. He could definitely help his draft stock, but he’s more than likely a first rounder right now. NFL GM’s will talk themselves into it.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    Houhusky said:

PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

#reedskrong

1) farve was the definition of finding a way to win, left handed throws, running, talking shit, playing through injuries, clutch. I haven’t seen any indication Eason has the clutch gene in him, TUFFness, or ability in figuring out how to win even with everything going to shit and collapsing around him.

2) agree, Eason is an improvement, I hope he comes back, the team is better with him. I don’t think he has been that much better than what I expect from a top 20 program QB though...
    He’s not tough. I will give him credit for taking a hit as the ball is coming out. The bomb Baccallia dropped was a great throw.

The life vs Cal was the pussiest play from a UW QB I might have ever seen. I still like him.
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781
    Houhusky said:

Eason has a great arm that lacks touch, he repeats the same mistakes that results in multiple pick 6s and had a ton of misfires and he had at least two bad underthrows in the first half that should have been easy TDs.

In my drunken stupor during the game I realized who he is... he is Jake Lockner but can’t run and less hot mom.

He should probably go before other people realize it too.

has it really been 12 years since we overhyped a QB to start the season? Where does the time go?
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,853
    He's like the standard average senior qb type. Won't lose the conference but won't being the team up and win it.

You guys are just skewed after watching Browning, who shouldn't be on the field on a top 20 team.