Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Am I the only one who doesn't give two shits about Tosh being retained or not?

2»

Comments

• Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,994
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    His defensive lines were good at cal. They have gotten better here and there is young talent that looks the part here.
    Having a hired gun on a staff that gets recruits is a legal way to pay for recruits.
    All that said let the head coach do what he wants. Keeping tosh would be interesting to see him work with a good head coach and if not, it will be interesting.
    Can't we all just enjoy the off season national championship and doog it up together.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

So is it better or should it get better? Do I need to learn the difference? I hate on hype and bullshit which I have had my fill of for a decade.

I love results. Its the head coach

It already is better. It's not at the level it ultimately needs to be, but there was improvement from year 1 with Tosh to year 2, and with the whole DL returning and some promising young players, it should get even better. I agree that the head coach is what ultimately matters.

Everyone is talking about the difference between Tosh 2013 and Tosh 2014.
  • Options
    GlobalGlobal Member Posts: 333
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    I will trust Coach Pete to make the best decision. However, I think very few of Sark's staff would be a fit on Coach Pete's staff. Lupoi is probably borderline for compatibility. Quite honestly - Sark's favorite expression -- if Coach. Pete has to pick one guy from Sark's staff, I would make it Tui rather than Lupoi. I think the chemistry is there more with Tui. But I trust the coach to work that out.
  • Options
    sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Clean house top to bottom. I'm 100% ok letting Peterson build his staff and team from scratch.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Clean house top to bottom. I'm 100% ok letting Peterson build his staff and team from scratch.

I am too, but the Boise staff has ties to Wilcox and Tosh played under the Boise AHC/LB coach. It's not like we are retaining Nansen. Wilcox and Tosh are good coaches.

• Options
    Global said:

I will trust Coach Pete to make the best decision. However, I think very few of Sark's staff would be a fit on Coach Pete's staff. Lupoi is probably borderline for compatibility. Quite honestly - Sark's favorite expression -- if Coach. Pete has to pick one guy from Sark's staff, I would make it Tui rather than Lupoi. I think the chemistry is there more with Tui. But I trust the coach to work that out.

Why Tui? What has he done to prove he can coach? Not saying he's bad but if he wasn't a Rose Bowl MVP for UW would he even be considered to stay?

See Apostle, this is where you can chime in with your hire the alumni BS.
  • Options
    GlobalGlobal Member Posts: 333
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Tui got Price back this year and clearly also had Miles well prepared. I would say that is a good coaching job, compared to 2012. And Tui is good recruiting also. But as I said! I am also happy for Pete to clean house.
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Global said:

Tui got Price back this year and clearly also had Miles well prepared. I would say that is a good coaching job, compared to 2012. And Tui is good recruiting also. But as I said! I am also happy for Pete to clean house.

Price never left. HTH