Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

looking into some things, the Peterson is hawkins/koetter/nutt 2.0 line holds no water

dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
First off dirk koetter was 26-10, not very impressive, Pete is 92-12. enough said
Nutt was 5-6 in one season, not even sure why ARK hired him
Hawkins was totally smoke and mirrors. Going through each schedule, BSU under hawkins didn't beat one team that finished in the top 15, they beat #19 TCU in a bowel game, his best win at BSU.
Under petersen, they beat #11 Oklahoma, #10 oregon in 2008, #11 oregon in 2009, #15/16 VT in what was pretty much a road game despite being neutral field in DC. and #16/18 Georgia. (these are final rankings, not at the time).
Petersen has put players in the NFL, he's won BCS games.
Now obviously it has to play out on the field, but right now IMO there's no reason to be angry

Comments

• Haid_D_SalaamiHaid_D_Salaami Member Posts: 541
    I was one of the "not big on MWC BCS buster hire" guy. But I'm not particularly pissed. Hawkins walked into a major fucking dumpster fire at CU. There was talent there but the program was a goddamn disgrace..."you have no idea of the damage Barnett did"

For every failure out of the mid majors there's a success story. Out of the MW, Urban comes to mind. If pool boy couldn't get Mora and wasn't gonna get a guy like Dantonio, this isn't a bad option. At least UW has got a lot of FREE PUB out of this hire. I'll LIPO. Coaching changes are a crap shoot anyway. With Sarkingham, we all knew where it was going.
  • topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    Sven's waiting at the 7-11 for you ...
  • CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,499

It's a lazy argument that I keep seeing mainly by Coogs who refuse to do their fucking research.

Lol I had a Coog tell me that Wulff would have had a few undefeated seasons with WSU if they played in Petersen's conference.