Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    @dflea is the only person on this list that I’m reasonably convinced has caught more fish than I have.
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,028
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

@dflea is the only person on this list that I’m reasonably convinced has caught more fish than I have.

What kinda fish we talking and on what gear?
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

SE Alaska for salmon, black cod and halibut. But back in the day I did damage off a dock with a Shimano rod and reel.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,067
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Show off.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,214
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

SE Alaska for salmon, black cod and halibut. But back in the day I did damage off a dock with a Shimano rod and reel.

• Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Shit...I meant to tag @dflea not @dnc, but he's a fisher of men, so it's all good.

1 Afterward Jesus appeared again to his disciples, by the Sea of Galilee. a It happened this way: 2 Simon Peter, Thomas (also known as Didymus b ), Nathanael from Cana in Galilee, the sons of Zebedee, and two other disciples were together. 3 “I’m going out to fish,” Simon Peter told them, and they said, “We’ll go with you.” So they went out and got into the boat, but that night they caught nothing.

4 Early in the morning, Jesus stood on the shore, but the disciples did not realize that it was Jesus.

5 He called out to them, “Friends, haven’t you any fish?”

“No,” they answered.

6 He said, “Throw your net on the right side of the boat and you will find some.” When they did, they were unable to haul the net in because of the large number of fish.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

Shit...I meant to tag @dflea not @dnc, but he's a fisher of men, so it's all good.

1 Afterward Jesus appeared again to his disciples, by the Sea of Galilee. a It happened this way: 2 Simon Peter, Thomas (also known as Didymus b ), Nathanael from Cana in Galilee, the sons of Zebedee, and two other disciples were together. 3 “I’m going out to fish,” Simon Peter told them, and they said, “We’ll go with you.” So they went out and got into the boat, but that night they caught nothing.

4 Early in the morning, Jesus stood on the shore, but the disciples did not realize that it was Jesus.

5 He called out to them, “Friends, haven’t you any fish?”

“No,” they answered.

6 He said, “Throw your net on the right side of the boat and you will find some.” When they did, they were unable to haul the net in because of the large number of fish.
    In English please...

After these things Jesus shewed himself again to the disciples at the sea of Tiberias; and on this wise shewed he himself.

2 There were together Simon Peter, and Thomas called Didymus, and Nathanael of Cana in Galilee, and the sons of Zebedee, and two other of his disciples.

3 Simon Peter saith unto them, I go a fishing. They say unto him, We also go with thee. They went forth, and entered into a ship immediately; and that night they caught nothing.

4 But when the morning was now come, Jesus stood on the shore: but the disciples knew not that it was Jesus.

5 Then Jesus saith unto them, Children, have ye any meat? They answered him, No.

6 And he said unto them, Cast the net on the right side of the ship, and ye shall find. They cast therefore, and now they were not able to draw it for the multitude of fishes.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Don't get too Fishing Flex Friday on us Tommy. There's some pretty accomplished fly anglers and gear chuckers on the above list.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,638
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

I've probably caught more steelhead than all of you, pup, yobates, and steel2 combined. It's not really fair though since I've spent years fishing my own closed river with whatever gear i wanted.

If other fish are included then yeah, you probably have me beat. I'm completely green when it comes to saltwater.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,067
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Depends if you count fishing for and netting herring

I killed a lot of fish in my day. I was always lucky when it came to killing fish

Electrocuted them. Nothing like zapping fish standing on a wet dock with a net dipped into an electrified bucket. Shocking

/swoon
  • Options
    dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,221
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    chuck said:

I've probably caught more steelhead than all of you, pup, yobates, and steel2 combined. It's not really fair though since I've spent years fishing my own closed river with whatever gear i wanted.

If other fish are included then yeah, you probably have me beat. I'm completely green when it comes to saltwater.
    I've been fishing a long time, so I've caught a handful of fish, but I don't get out as often as I used to. I still go when I can because it's therapeutic, and people think you're cool if you throw them down a fish.

I'm going to go try to find some fish to kill out on the peninsula this weekend. The weather and WDFW are kinda fucking up my show, though.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,638
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dflea said:

chuck said:

I've been fishing a long time, so I've caught a handful of fish, but I don't get out as often as I used to. I still go when I can because it's therapeutic, and people think you're cool if you throw them down a fish.

I'm going to go try to find some fish to kill out on the peninsula this weekend. The weather and WDFW are kinda fucking up my show, though.
    Fuckin WDFW bastards. Dont even get me started on them. Bunch of duck and cuog fans if you ask me.

Like I said I had an unfair advantage for six years. Landed many hundred and had lost hundreds of others when I stopped keeping track of those blemishes.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,605
    There is only one man I trust here with fishing advice
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,605
    chuck said:

There is only one man I trust here with fishing advice

My advice, which you can take or leave, is to fuck off. After that I'd move out of Arizona. Nobody goes there for the fishing.

Check with pup for confirmation.
    I live in Vegas.

As a proud Mexican beavlet alumnus...fuck you!