Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Mad Son's Ramblings: The War is Over (We Won)

Hardcore_HuskyHardcore_Husky Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 302
Name Dropper 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
Swaye's Wigwam
edited December 2013 in Tug Tavern

imageMad Son's Ramblings: The War is Over (We Won)

Franchise Infidels - praise Allah!  The crusade against Husky football has been repelled! With Emperor Michael Young replacing Holy Roman Emperor Marcus Emmert I, Coach Petersen leads us into a new era.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    CCCP

One of your better efforts.
  • Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,520
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    What does the CC before CP mean and may I have the pleasure of making your fantastic graphic my new image? Tim DeRuyter just won the first MWC Championship game but time to move on.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
  • Options
    Homebrew_DawgHomebrew_Dawg Member Posts: 1,648
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    Why does being happy about the events of this past week and looking to the future of UW football with real expectations mean we are dooging it up? The victors always pop off, but I don't think we should give any credence to the doog fanbase that enabled and accepted mediocrity for so long by calling our celebrating "dooging." For the first time in more than a decade, we have a real expectation UW will compete for conference titles in the near future, perhaps as early as next year. I admit we may become a bit over zealous, but it is not unusual to have such glee so soon after the war is won, since we have been denied our hopes for far too long.

But, if the consensus of the poasters on these boreds is that I am dooging it up, then amen.

Great ramblings Mad Son.

Hi Albert.
  • Options
    Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,089
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    HFNY said:

What does the CC before CP mean and may I have the pleasure of making your fantastic graphic my new image? Tim DeRuyter just won the first MWC Championship game but time to move on.

Not my image so feel free to use it as much as you like ;)

In terms of CCCP, I am assuming the middle initial of Coach Christopher C. Peteresen and making a historical reference to a style of governance - not really the political ideology behind it but more how it played out. I of course think somewhat highly of Petersen so I don't mean to silly, not derogatory when I say this.
  • Options
    Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,089
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Why does being happy about the events of this past week and looking to the future of UW football with real expectations mean we are dooging it up? The victors always pop off, but I don't think we should give any credence to the doog fanbase that enabled and accepted mediocrity for so long by calling our celebrating "dooging." For the first time in more than a decade, we have a real expectation UW will compete for conference titles in the near future, perhaps as early as next year. I admit we may become a bit over zealous, but it is not unusual to have such glee so soon after the war is won, since we have been denied our hopes for far too long.

But, if the consensus of the poasters on these boreds is that I am dooging it up, then amen.

Great ramblings Mad Son.

Hi Albert.

Well the dooginess is celebrating before we actually have any real results - all we've done his hire a new coach. As you point out this a great hire and cause of celebration. In someways the term dooging it up has been conflated with celebration on some level which is of course partially facetious.
  • Options
    Homebrew_DawgHomebrew_Dawg Member Posts: 1,648
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    Mad_Son said:

Great ramblings Mad Son.

Hi Albert.

Well the dooginess is celebrating before we actually have any real results - all we've done his hire a new coach. As you point out this a great hire and cause of celebration. In someways the term dooging it up has been conflated with celebration on some level which is of course partially facetious.
    Thanks for the explanations. Makes sense.

And who alleged these boards are for the uneducated? This is the first time in years I have seen 'conflated' used appropriately. Perhaps, now is high time for all Husky fans to conflate. Now, I'm dooging it up for certain.

However, it sure is a helluva lot funner being a Husky fan than it was just one week ago.
  • Options
    MadHuskyMadHusky Member Posts: 376
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Name Dropper 5 Awesomes
  • Options
    was iDawg left behind? How did he go?
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker First Anniversary