Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Petersen on UW’s inside linebacker depth, Jacob Eason’s ‘learning opportunities’

Comments

• CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,988 Founders Club
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781
  • DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739
    I’ve seen a lot of people mentioning that coaches taught Eason the spin move run around. During the game the broadcast crew mentioned that they’ve been trying to get him to climb the pocket. Now Pete mentions it here.

It’s kind of like the Pete not playing guys narrative, when it’s always been stated that position coaches dictate playing time.

That said, if he’s doing it on his own, drill it in practice until all he knows how to do is climb the pocket.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,675 Founders Club

I’ve seen a lot of people mentioning that coaches taught Eason the spin move run around. During the game the broadcast crew mentioned that they’ve been trying to get him to climb the pocket. Now Pete mentions it here.

It’s kind of like the Pete not playing guys narrative, when it’s always been stated that position coaches dictate playing time.

That said, if he’s doing it on his own, drill it in practice until all he knows how to do is climb the pocket.

Browning said at some point that the coaches told him to run forward not backwards. So he did for a couple of games and it worked out nicely

I don't think the coaches want the backward spin move.
  • dtddtd Member Posts: 4,532 Standard Supporter

He actually spun the correct way against Utah on that final TD drive. If you can, you're supposed to spin the direction the rusher is coming from, that's what they teach.
  • ThumpThump Member Posts: 793
    edited November 2019
    What kind of spin direction are you guys talking about?

• RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123

Someone here actually thought a coach would want a statue QB to spin to his left and not have his momentum going forward?
  • PenacePenace Member Posts: 494
    He learned the faggot spin move this summer all on his own...while he was splitting reps with haener