Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Shittiest recession ever

SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,922
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
Standard Supporter
Dow rips higher to a record, now up nearly 18% on the year

Comments

• Options
    BendintheriverBendintheriver Member Posts: 5,410
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Its horrible isn't it? Is there anything rats hate more right now than a healthy economy?
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

Its horrible isn't it? Is there anything rats hate more right now than a healthy economy?

White people

White men that talk about abortion.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    SFGbob said:

White people

Old White men that talk about abortion.
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,077
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Awesome - thanks for the update. Now when are these pussy ass Republicans going to fix the spending problem since it's clear we don't have a revenue one?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Awesome - thanks for the update. Now when are these pussy ass Republicans going to fix the spending problem since it's clear we don't have a revenue one?

Never
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,772
    Swaye's Wigwam

You never Trumper guys are odd
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

I'm odd because I care about the fiscal outlook for this country in coming decades? I didn't leave the GOP, the GOP left me. We? used to be a party that cared about fiscal responsibility.
  • Options
    BearsWiinBearsWiin Member Posts: 4,948
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

I'm odd because I care about the fiscal outlook for this country in coming decades? I didn't leave the GOP, the GOP left me. We? used to be a party that cared about fiscal responsibility.
    When was that, exactly?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

So are you enjoying the fiscal restraint of the Democrats?

• Options
    Standard Supporter
    BearsWiin said:

When was that, exactly?
    In our lifetimes, 1995 - 1996, Mid-80s Now when have the Rats ever been fiscally responsible?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

No. My point is I don't understand why people are bragging Trump's GDP numbers when the economy is being juiced by unprecedented deficit spending stimulus during a time of full employment and no war or recession.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

No. My point is I don't understand why people are bragging Trump's GDP numbers when the economy is being juiced by unprecedented deficit spending stimulus during a time of full employment and no war or recession.
    When it comes to fiscal restraint Trump sucks.
  • Options
    SFGbob said:

BearsWiin said:

When was that, exactly?
    In our lifetimes, 1995 - 1996, Mid-80s Now when have the Rats ever been fiscally responsible?
    I didn't ask you. I want a thoughtful and intelligent answer
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    edited November 2019
    BearsWiin said:

SFGbob said:

BearsWiin said:

When was that, exactly?
    Shocking you dodged the question. I don't think you were capable of wiping your own ass unless your wife signs off on it. Maybe you should ask her.
  • Options
    SFGbob said:

BearsWiin said:

SFGbob said:

BearsWiin said:

When was that, exactly?
    Shocking you dodged the question. I don't think you were capable of wiping your own ass unless your wife signs off on it. Maybe you should ask her.
    you just can't help yourself

unwilling to work
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Because growth is good and Trump is getting it

Seems like a strange time to get upset when the alternative will kill growth and explode the debt.

Trump isn't going to cut spending. Outside of Rand Paul no one even bothers anymore. Look what happens to any GOP that does call for spending cuts

I do think its odd to prefer a democrat over Trump if you are GOP

I'm not calling for it to be outlawed. Just seems odd to me

We have several wars going on and any attempt to get out of them gets another CIA coup attempt. The economy is fragile and has been for years. Reagan ran deficits to get the recovery he did in the 80's

Fiscal restraint is for the party out of power. I'm not sure how anyone can look at the last 40 years and think anything different. Buying votes works. The GOP isn't going to give all that to the dems

Its a fucked up system to be sure.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Seems like a strange time to get upset when the alternative will kill growth and explode the debt.

Trump isn't going to cut spending. Outside of Rand Paul no one even bothers anymore. Look what happens to any GOP that does call for spending cuts

We have several wars going on and any attempt to get out of them gets another CIA coup attempt. The economy is fragile and has been for years. Reagan ran deficits to get the recovery he did in the 80's

Fiscal restraint is for the party out of power. I'm not sure how anyone can look at the last 40 years and think anything different. Buying votes works. The GOP isn't going to give all that to the dems

I stand with Rand
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Deficit spending is for times or war or bad recessions. Reagan's greatest achievement aside from winning the Cold War was ending stagflation. By the late 80's his deficits were trending way down their peak in 1983. Deficits went up again in the early 90's with the Gulf War and recession, but then trended way down in the 90's to the point of surplus for a few years. We actually got a pretty decent ROI from Reagan's deficits and the country's debt wasn't that high at the time, so we could afford it.

As we know things went south in the early 2000's when Bush 41 went full on guns and butter, but it wasn't always this way.

https://www.thebalance.com/us-deficit-by-year-3306306

• Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,607
    Everything trump does is wrong and evil imo