Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

I'd rather turn down

Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,670 Founders Club
a fourth tier, shit bowl like the Ignore Hunger Bowl. Yeah I know, they get 15 practices blah, blah, blah. I am happy and even dooging it up over CP, but there's no enthusiasm for this crapfest. It's not going to sway recruits either way also. I could be wrong but a lot of these schools lose money on bowels too.

It's a pipe dream but if I'm Woodward I turn down the bowl and give a middle finger to ESPN.

Comments

• trackertracker Member Posts: 866

The more Petersen sees his new team the better. . .though still a shitty bowl.
  • mobeymobey Member Posts: 3,254
    I agree.

Wonder if Tui will rely on bubble screen left, bubble screen right.

Don't agree. Yeah, the shitty bowls suck, but it limits time off for players like ASJ to get fat, drunk, and sloppy before winter workouts and spring ball. The more time the players are around football, the better. And I am actually looking forward to this shitty bowl game because Sark won't be coaching and it is a guilt free chance to doog it up.

• allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    You're wrong about schools losing money. Why do you think the bowls exist? They're a cash cow. That's why they'll never go to a 16 team playoff. They don't give a fuck about tradition. 30 bowl games > 15 playoff games.
  • TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,798
    15 practices means plenty of opportunities for CP to figure out that he needs to sign about a dozen OLs in Feb.
  • LevelParLevelPar Member Posts: 447
    edited December 2013
    We need as much time as possible for Pete to eval the players and even the coaches
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680

a fourth tier, shit bowl like the Ignore Hunger Bowl. Yeah I know, they get 15 practices blah, blah, blah. I am happy and even dooging it up over CP, but there's no enthusiasm for this crapfest. It's not going to sway recruits either way also. I could be wrong but a lot of these schools lose money on bowels too.

It's a pipe dream but if I'm Woodward I turn down the bowl and give a middle finger to ESPN.

Fire_Marshall_Bill hates Tui and is clearly the worst kind of Huskie fan.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 105,153 Founders Club
    Tui is installing the option
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 105,153 Founders Club
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,652
    edited December 2013

Tui has been fighting hunger a lot lately.

Dude just knows how to win
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,670 Founders Club

You're wrong about schools losing money. Why do you think the bowls exist? They're a cash cow. That's why they'll never go to a 16 team playoff. They don't give a fuck about tradition. 30 bowl games > 15 playoff games.

No I'm not. UConn lost money at the Fiesta Bowl a few years ago. It's not an isolated thing. Tennessee is 200 million dollars in debt. You're not going to hear this on ESPN because they're part of the problem.
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,670 Founders Club
    If we made the Holiday, Alamo, or even the Sun I could stomach it. I couldn't care less about the New Mexico or imitation cheese fights Hunger Bowls though.
  • RaccoonHarryRaccoonHarry Member Posts: 2,160
    dnc said:

Tui has been fighting hunger a lot lately.

Dude just knows how to win
    He's winning the battle against hunger, no fucking doubt about that.
  • allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771

No I'm not. UConn lost money at the Fiesta Bowl a few years ago. It's not an isolated thing. Tennessee is 200 million dollars in debt. You're not going to hear this on ESPN because they're part of the problem.
    It's not true.
  • AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 7,067 Standard Supporter
    If in fact uconn lost money it was likely due to having no fan base to buy tickets if I had to guess. Bowl money is divided up anyways. This years team seems to be self motivated right now and they are mostly under classmen. Let the players play.
  • You're wrong about schools losing money. Why do you think the bowls exist? They're a cash cow. That's why they'll never go to a 16 team playoff. They don't give a fuck about tradition. 30 bowl games > 15 playoff games.

You should read this book called "Death to the BCS". The schools themselves lose money going to bowl games actually.

Most conferences they share the bowl money anyways so it doesn't matter if you go 12-0 or 0-12 far as that is concerned.

Plus you get stuck with hotel bills, travel, food money, etc.

College football is a cash cow cause of the home games. No real expenses put into home games and you have 70K+ packing your stadium. Plus TV contracts.

Bowl games? Networks make a shit load but the teams who are going to the bowl games? They are losing money.