Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Manu

CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,408 Swaye's Wigwam
How many snaps did he get? Sirmon looked...ok but at least when someone was near him hed hit them. Manu literally looks the other way when a rb takes a side step and in the off chance that he ends up in the area to make a tackle he looks like he has the athletic ability of your slightly overweight cousin that just wants to go play Nintendo inside but youve convinced him to come outside and run for a few minutes.

Let him play Nintendo Pete.

Comments

• Kingdome_UrinalsKingdome_Urinals Member Posts: 2,723
    Sirmon is pretty bad. Better athlete than Manu, but that doesn't mean much.
  • Kingdome_UrinalsKingdome_Urinals Member Posts: 2,723
    We don't have a single LB who can close space, fill a gap, do anything you want an LB to do.
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member Posts: 11,210
    Manu is the first four letters of manure. Coincidence? I think not.
  • CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,988 Founders Club
    I hate him but it’s not we did great with him on the sideline.
  • HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537
    edited November 2019

As much as I hate our lbs. I hate our dbs more. We knew Manu would suck. Keith Taylor, Molden, Kyler Gordon, and Cam William's were supposed to be our leveled up guys. They were giving me Quintin Richardson flashbacks today

The secondary isnt as good as it used to be but they are playing well and most of their problems are a product of having to help with the LBs so much.

Bryant is being asked to do way to much, he is playing striker, nickel, dime, slot-man, safety and linebacker at any given time during the game

Molden and Taylor are both being asked to do to much when they are matched up in the slot because they have no help on the inside from the LBs AND are being asked to help way to much against the run because the LBs cant do shit.

The safety play has been pretty average but again Bryant should be playing safety but instead is forced to play closer to the LOS and Asa is also having to play a hybrid DB/LB role instead of just focusing on learning to play safety as a true freshman.

Hampton, Gordon, and Williams are all not quite as good but have limited help because every play we have to play an extra safety down towards the LBs which means we are single high with no outside help for the corners, cover 3 bail with soft coverage under, or straight man no help.
  • JustWinNowJustWinNow Member Posts: 357
    Yes the defense is young and we have no lbs. But the problem is the offense it has always been the problem.
  • CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,408 Swaye's Wigwam
    The offense has lots of issues but they did enough to win both of the last two games. Its the lesser of two evils right now
  • NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    TSIO play young players build for next year.
  • godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,451 Founders Club

As much as I hate our lbs. I hate our dbs more. We knew Manu would suck. Keith Taylor, Molden, Kyler Gordon, and Cam William's were supposed to be our leveled up guys. They were giving me Quintin Richardson flashbacks today

For the first time in 4 years, we have db's who can't run with the wr, nor can/do they turn their head and look for the ball.