Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    It'll either be done quickly or take a while.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,861 Founders Club

It'll either be done quickly or take a while.

Either way it'll be interesting.
  • trackertracker Member Posts: 866

My gut says Kim is still an idiot.
  • PurpleReignPurpleReign Member Posts: 5,477
    Tosh loves twatter and Petersen hates it.
  • PurpleJPurpleJ Member Posts: 37,121 Founders Club
    edited December 2013
    tracker said:

He is either an idiot or a dumbass
  • HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,689 Standard Supporter
    I love that website's name and how much is Tosh making? If he's making $300k, why not give him a raise? If we don't keep Tosh, we won't get Pelon and if it was legal, I'd want us to pay at least $50k for Pelon.

In general, Tosh is worth so much to us in Seattle for recruiting purposes and though I've never met him, I have heard he's an awesome and hilarious guy. Really want him to stay.
  • uw2010uw2010 Member Posts: 940
    PurpleJ said:

tracker said:

He is either an idiot or a dumbass
    abundance?
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 105,153 Founders Club
    Tosh is the fucking Bay City Rollers. All hype shitty band
  • RaccoonHarryRaccoonHarry Member Posts: 2,160

Agree. Not sure I see Tosh and Pete hitting it off.
  • AEBAEB Member Posts: 2,972
    Tosh is legit. He's good at player development and he gets the modern recruiting process. Yes, he's a "fallen" Mormon, likes his brews, etc., but I'm not going to hold THAT against him. Look, I'm guessing the guy wants to be hitched to a winning program, and the guy pitches loyalty as a key attribute of where he is...see Cal, he was a phenomenal recruiter for that reason. If he hitches his trailer to Pete, I like to call him that because he's from NorCal, he learns from a legit head coach, and he can pitch that loyalty to recruits. Coach with Sark or Pete? C'mon.
  • AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 7,067 Standard Supporter

Nobody was harder on tosh than race.
  • CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,499
    Tosh is also super young and hasn't even been coaching for 10 years. He is going to rise the ranks pretty quickly so he is going to leave at some point, would be nice to have him for a year or two more though.
  • ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325

If we are gonna bash the Bay City Rollers, I'm out!
  • MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    well... S-A-T-U-R-D-A-Y-night! is now the theme song of the Pac12 Networks so that makes sense.
  • It's either Tosh stays or Wilcox stays. I don't see a scenario where both are on the staff with Petersen bringing his DC over.

So it comes down to who is more valuable? On one hand Pete's new DC/DL coach is considered the best DL coach in the country. Their defenses were better under his watch than Wilcox I believe.

From a salary perspective I'd rather let Wilcox go and keep Tosh for the recruiting aspect. If Petersen thinks that DC is better than Wilcox you have to trust him on that since he's coached with both.

I think from where this roster/coaching staff goes Tosh is more valuable than Wilcox to this staff.

Before the Wilcox fans bash me I do think Wilcox is by far the better coach than Tosh. Far as who is more valuable to this staff? I think really only Tosh due to the recruiting aspect.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    edited December 2013

It's either Tosh stays or Wilcox stays. I don't see a scenario where both are on the staff with Petersen bringing his DC over.

So it comes down to who is more valuable? On one hand Pete's new DC/DL coach is considered the best DL coach in the country. Their defenses were better under his watch than Wilcox I believe.

From a salary perspective I'd rather let Wilcox go and keep Tosh for the recruiting aspect. If Petersen thinks that DC is better than Wilcox you have to trust him on that since he's coached with both.

I think from where this roster/coaching staff goes Tosh is more valuable than Wilcox to this staff.

Before the Wilcox fans bash me I do think Wilcox is by far the better coach than Tosh. Far as who is more valuable to this staff? I think really only Tosh due to the recruiting aspect.

I get what you are saying. The DC at Boise and Wilcox were pretty even until this year. This year, Boise wasn't very good on defense. I don't know how accurate it is, but the DC (Coach K) at Boise is said to be willing to be a position coach. He probably gets paid the same, if not more as a DL coach at UW than being a DC at Boise, so I could see how that would be true.

Lots of factors at play here. I'm not even sure if Coach K was truly even Boise's DC. Gregory was the DC at Cal from 2002-2009 and went to Boise as AHC/LB coach. I would assume he played a large role in coordinating that defense as well.

I think if you have to choose, you have to go with Wilcox because he has proven he can do it at the Pac 12 level, while the Boise DC has not. If Petersen names Coach K the DC, then we should try and retain Tosh as the DL coach and ace recruiter.