Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Jaylin Davies, 2021 4* DB, Santa Ana (Mater Dei), CA (Offered)

Comments

• CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,856
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club

dnc said:

Wasting the extra spot on a third DB Coach was so incredibly dumb. Underrated awful moment of the awful off season.

I don't care that its a DB coach, but he should've been a Donte Williams type that doesn't actually coach and just recruits for the rest of the staff
    He's fucking brought USC back.

Is this a recruiting forum or not?
    Off season nattys are not "back". Need to prove it on the field.
  • UDubHusky23UDubHusky23 Member Posts: 889
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

I'm gonna ignore the elephant in the room and posit that there's more to this story. This makes no sense. ASU? Fucking Christ.
    its called recruiting acumen. Prentice Gill and Chris Hawkins have it.

Bob Gregory, Keith Boner Popper, Terrence Brown, Will Harris, Pete Kwasaki, John Donovan DO NOT HAVE IT!!!

Fetters coming for Sonics neck on Doogman like it’s a ham hock.

Vile shitbag human. His room looks like it belongs to a 9 year old.

I hate you and I hate this shitty recruiting staff. Fuck everything.

what did Fatters say about sonics lol

Fetters coming for Sonics neck on Doogman like it’s a ham hock.

Vile shitbag human. His room looks like it belongs to a 9 year old.

I hate you and I hate this shitty recruiting staff. Fuck everything.

what did Fatters say about sonics lol
    He’s basically just challenging him on every piece of info he brings and being a condescending dildo in his responses while making sure he reminds everybody the three amigo dickbag losers have been doing this for 20+ years and they just know how this goes....

Tiring shit, man.

Probably angry because his slowly rotting two ton corpse is getting outscooped by paying subscribers regularly.
    thats funny that the doogman trio defend this lazy ass coaching staff to their deaths. Seems like the doogman trio have something in common with the UW football coaching staff. They both can't see to do their jobs efficiently
  • GaryFromTeenMomGaryFromTeenMom Member Posts: 1,370

It's cool, I see the staff gets insecure a lot when I bring in actual info.

I appreciate you, bubba.
  • RatherBeBrewingRatherBeBrewing Member Posts: 1,557
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

dnc said:

Wasting the extra spot on a third DB Coach was so incredibly dumb. Underrated awful moment of the awful off season.

I don't care that its a DB coach, but he should've been a Donte Williams type that doesn't actually coach and just recruits for the rest of the staff
    Williams can coach. Probably better than any of our DB coaches (sans Jimmy). He's fucking brought USC back (well him and that Poly DL coach).
    I'll concede Donte is a great recruiter. Coaching and development is a question mark. Felt the DB's at oregon were more coached up by keith heyward.
    Donte isn’t getting paid $900k because he’s a CB coaching genius. He’s a good coach, but his reputation is recruiting at any position. Keith Heyward does the actual DB coaching with some analysts (last year John Neal who was DB coach under Bellotti, Chip, Helfrich).

I would love to see what Donte does. How does he hypnotize these kids? I would like to know what makes him such a great recruiter. Awesome coffee cup skills? Kids think he’s cool? He’s kind of a goofy looking dude who will wear Jordans or dress shoes, baggy dress pants, and a leather jacket. He just gives of 1990s Russian mobster vibes.

Is it because he’s willing to do this? Play dress up with Cuban papa?

sonics do you have any good news? sheesh rough year

dnc said:

Williams can coach. Probably better than any of our DB coaches (sans Jimmy). He's fucking brought USC back (well him and that Poly DL coach).
    I'll concede Donte is a great recruiter. Coaching and development is a question mark. Felt the DB's at oregon were more coached up by keith heyward.
    Donte isn’t getting paid $900k because he’s a CB coaching genius. He’s a good coach, but his reputation is recruiting at any position. Keith Heyward does the actual DB coaching with some analysts (last year John Neal who was DB coach under Bellotti, Chip, Helfrich).

I would love to see what Donte does. How does he hypnotize these kids? I would like to know what makes him such a great recruiter. Awesome coffee cup skills? Kids think he’s cool? He’s kind of a goofy looking dude who will wear Jordans or dress shoes, baggy dress pants, and a leather jacket. He just gives of 1990s Russian mobster vibes.

Is it because he’s willing to do this? Play dress up with Cuban papa?

think its more his personality. I remember when he took over DB coaching for the bowl game when sark left and the db's loved him at that time too. Hes been an electric recruiter everywhere hes been
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Donte Williams would have really helped. Keep the coaches that are good at actually coaching and get 1-2 recruiters. Then we can quit blaming position coaches as the only reason we lose recruits.
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,800
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    The final 4 list looks full of schools willing to play the game

But what are people expecting with recruiting and our staff? Half our staff at minimum is in way over their heads
  • RatherBeBrewingRatherBeBrewing Member Posts: 1,557
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Tequilla said:

The final 4 list looks full of schools willing to play the game

But what are people expecting with recruiting and our staff? Half our staff at minimum is in way over their heads

The game... is the name of the game. It’s not enough to have the head coach glad hand and brown nose your HS coach while telling mama and (daddy, maybe) that you’ll take care of their kid and give a business card to a friendly car salesman,

You need assistants who are either stud recruiters, geniuses at what they do, or overqualified. Jimmy was good at that with DBs and the defense, but you can see why recruits are skeptical.

The good news I have is we made up ground on JTT and Emeka but still not leading for either, expect Tinae to commit soon, in good shape for Owens, Burke and Wyden. I like where we stand with Heim and Fano. Believe we have a decent shot at Worthy and McRee. That's all I got for now.
    Are we going to lose Troy Franklin?
  • bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,876
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

The good news I have is we made up ground on JTT and Emeka but still not leading for either, expect Tinae to commit soon, in good shape for Owens, Burke and Wyden. I like where we stand with Heim and Fano. Believe we have a decent shot at Worthy and McRee. That's all I got for now.
    Lake McRee, really? If we got him that would definitely soften the blow of losing Moliki. That guy's offer lost is recockulous