Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

after watching Texas and Notre Dame today

PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,572 Swaye's Wigwam
at least we arent alone in the universe of inexplicable regression

Comments

• AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 7,046 Standard Supporter

Texas is proof that the dumb ass narrative about winning a big bowl game does not entitle greater success in the future.

Texas beat Georgia in the Sugar Bowl and went on to suck this year. We don’t need to win a big bowl game to win a natty in the future.

I wish we beat Penn State and Ohio State because watching those losses sucked, but they wouldn’t have made us any better this year.
    The program seems to be psychologically defeated in those games though prior to kick off. That being said in terms of talent and performance I think uw is very similar to Norte dame over the last 4 years.

• EmotermanEmoterman Member Posts: 3,333
    PurpleJ said:

Texas is proof that the dumb ass narrative about winning a big bowl game does not entitle greater success in the future.

Texas beat Georgia in the Sugar Bowl and went on to suck this year. We don’t need to win a big bowl game to win a natty in the future.

I wish we beat Penn State and Ohio State because watching those losses sucked, but they wouldn’t have made us any better this year.
    The program seems to be psychologically defeated in those games though prior to kick off. That being said in terms of talent and performance I think uw is very similar to Norte dame over the last 4 years.

Easy fix. Feed the sqwad amphetamines before battle like the Wehrmacht did.
    https://youtu.be/QAsdTs0aqDw
  • JustWinNowJustWinNow Member Posts: 357

So that's the strategy now? It doesn't matter if you lose today because in years from now it might not make us any better then. Keep reaching. The wins could have helped in recruiting could have helped with the image of the team. Would have shown our team maybe was leveling up. Instead we lost those 2 games and haven't one a game against a great opponent anytime in petes tenure.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,672 Founders Club

So that's the strategy now? It doesn't matter if you lose today because in years from now it might not make us any better then. Keep reaching. The wins could have helped in recruiting could have helped with the image of the team. Would have shown our team maybe was leveling up. Instead we lost those 2 games and haven't one a game against a great opponent anytime in petes tenure.
    But we have good O line play
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    edited October 2019

The losses sucked. It wouldn’t have shown anything with the leveling up. That’s always been doog shit along with the recruiting rankings, etc.

In 2000 Uw fans were thinking about how great the future would be after the Rose Bowl win and recruiting classes. We got worse every year instead.

We don’t suck now because we lost those games.

Each season is different. Point was just win and there isn’t some linear progress bullshit or another program to base Your future off of like many have done with Clemson. A win in those games doesn’t makes us any closer to winning a natty.