Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Ryan Day

13»

Comments

• jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,726
    Give me Lincoln Riley.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123

Jesus

They suck. Results actually matter

We have units on the team that do actually suck. The coaching has sucked. What fucking results are you basing any of this off? One stupid play call to Pleasant? If results mattered you wouldn’t be making up this fictitious point.

Did you get bored of blaming the actual reasons we lose and needed to make something up for entertainment? The OL is way down on the list. Like Grundle just posted, they have been solid. All of this is based off a single play. Nothing else supports your opinion.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,449 Founders Club
    This is not a good O line for the reasons I already mentioned

If you have to go tequila long you're probably wrong

5 and 3. Never said one unit is responsible but the line fucked up in every loss

Being Pete's best is meaningless

We get pushed around by good teams

They are a big part of the problem

This is not a good O line for the reasons I already mentioned

If you have to go tequila long you're probably wrong

5 and 3. Never said one unit is responsible but the line fucked up in every loss

Being Pete's best is meaningless

We get pushed around by good teams

They are a big part of the problem

When we get pushed around, it will be the first time. It hasn’t happened this year.
    edited October 2019
    I’ll stop arguing with a fence after this, but you’ve been proven wrong. You cited the RZ issues against Cal which had nothing to do with the OL. We settled for two FG’s because of a false start and Baccallia.

We ran the ball fine vs Stanford. None of the short yardage conversions had but anything to do with no getting push or heavy pressure. They were drops or incomplete passes. Mostly bad play calls.

You have one retarded play call vs Oregon. That’s it. It’s okay to admit when you’re wrong.

I’ve watched every game. Not once did I think that the OL was hurting us in a noticeable way. I was very pleased with the holes they were opening up for Ahmed against Oregon. They were huge.

Nobody has commented on the OL sucking in game threads because they don’t. Maybe there has been a handful of plays they fucked up in pass pro. I remember Adams not playing his best vs Stanford. They have been plenty good enough to be 8-0 and the losses have very little to nothing to do with the OL.
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,485 Standard Supporter

I’ll stop arguing with a fence after this, but you’ve been proven wrong. You cited the RZ issues against Cal which had nothing to do with the OL. We settled for two FG’s because of a false start and Baccallia.

We ran the ball fine vs Stanford. None of the short yardage conversions had but anything to do with no getting push or heavy pressure. They were drops or incomplete passes. Mostly bad play calls.

You have one retarded play call vs Oregon. That’s it. It’s okay to admit when you’re wrong.

I’ve watched every game. Not once did I think that the OL was hurting us in a noticeable way. I was very pleased with the holes they were opening up for Ahmed against Oregon. They were huge.

Nobody has commented on the OL sucking in game threads because they don’t. Maybe there has been a handful of plays they fucked up in pass pro. I remember Adams not playing his best vs Stanford. They have been plenty good enough to be 8-0 and the losses have very little to nothing to do with the OL.

Race found a loose thread on your sweater and is pulling on it. Snip it off & move on.
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,940 Founders Club

I hope to god you’re right. I want Huff to be proven both a good corch and ace recruiter.

Race found a loose thread on your sweater and is pulling on it. Snip it off & move on.
    I gotta be right first!
  • godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,450 Founders Club

I hope to god you’re right. I want Huff to be proven both a good corch and ace recruiter.
    I am more and more concerned about this every week/year it goes by with Huff. We are fine/pretty good in conference play, then the bowl game comes, and we get exposed.

I never have tons of confidence in them just lining up and pushing the los back two yards. IMO it's been more about Gaskin being special and finding the crease/sliver of space.

We are going to know a whole lot more next year, as it will be essentially his guys across the front minus Wattenburg.

Ryan Day is Mark Helfrich. Eventually the wheels will come off. Just a matter of when and where. Autzen Stadium next year is as good a place as any for it to happen.

It’s early, but he has the infrastructure at Ohio State to do really well. Day had only been at Ohio State for two years before being named coach. I think they hand picked him after seeing he was a really good coach that was capable of leading the program.

They will beat you easily on the road next year with Fields returning. If they were breaking in a new QB, you might have a chance.

Urban Meyer stocked so much talent for him that it will take awhile for them to suffer if he’s a bad coach. And his season this year just makes it easier to get elite recruits to buy in and commit.
  • oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288

Jesus christ who fucking cares. Sark jumped around a lot too. Ryan Day is a winner because he wins. The obsession with Pete's demeanor is fucking stupid. We had no problem with his angry brooding when we were going 12-2. Pete sucks because he's 2-3 in a shit conference, not because of this superficial shit you keep blabbering on about.

This conference isn't shit. There will be two top 10 PAC 12 teams after this weekend.

Jesus christ who fucking cares. Sark jumped around a lot too. Ryan Day is a winner because he wins. The obsession with Pete's demeanor is fucking stupid. We had no problem with his angry brooding when we were going 12-2. Pete sucks because he's 2-3 in a shit conference, not because of this superficial shit you keep blabbering on about.

This conference isn't shit. There will be two top 10 PAC 12 teams after this weekend.
    Oregon isn't a top 10 team.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,449 Founders Club
    The O line sucks and has directly contributed to three losses by being soft fucking losers

Great excuses as always

Results matter
    jecornel said:

They won’t be by the end of the year. They are hanging on, which is all you need to do at this point, but a big loss is coming, even with the dreck left on their schedule.
  • GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,162

You just squeaked by a limp dick cuog team at home. Fuck your entire fucking life loser.
  • Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    Day inherited an insanely good team. Helfrich looked good under that scenario. Let's see him after the Urbs wears off.
  • oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    edited October 2019
    jecornel said:

The AP poll disagrees.

jecornel said:

The AP poll disagrees.
    See you at the EOTY