Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

The whole "special" thing.

MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Swaye's Wigwam
When Kim (#hikim) talks about a year special it just pisses me off. Special means it doesn't happen often. When it does its not the norm. I don't hear Oregon people talking about a special year. Every year they contend for a BCS bowl. It's not special,it's routine and expected. If 2013, 14, 15... Etc. is the special year, the implication is that it's a one and done. How did we get to the point where playing for championships is special? Fuck me.

Comments

• Options
    fauxdawgmanfauxdawgman Member Posts: 218
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    It looks like you're beating a dead horse again. You act like 0-12 never happened. Rebuilding takes time.
  • Options
    CheersWestDawgCheersWestDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,475
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Basically, Kim thinks we are now WSU. The only times WSU has been worth a fuck is when they have 22 senior starters. Kim is stupid.
  • Options
    Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,099
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    The longer Kim can minimize expectations and placate the fan base, the longer Sark can make him feel special.
  • Options
    RaccoonHarryRaccoonHarry Member Posts: 2,160
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper

When Kim (#hikim) talks about a year special it just pisses me off. Special means it doesn't happen often. When it does its not the norm. I don't hear Oregon people talking about a special year. Every year they contend for a BCS bowl. It's not special,it's routine and expected. If 2013, 14, 15... Etc. is the special year, the implication is that it's a one and done. How did we get to the point where playing for championships is special? Fuck me.

Basically depends on one's definition of "special". Just the fact that 2013 will be played in NEW Husky Stadium will no doubt make the season a special one for many. Others, i.e. those who care about little things like actually winning football games (a lot of 'em), and going to BCS Bowls and such, have a very different definition of the word. I take it you fall into the latter category, as do pretty much all the posters on this board. At least from what I can tell. Harry is conflicted. He likes the excitement of game day, and for the most part winning makes him happier than losing. But sometimes he'd just rather spend the day napping and licking his balls...
  • Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

Basically depends on one's definition of "special". Just the fact that 2013 will be played in NEW Husky Stadium will no doubt make the season a special one for many. Others, i.e. those who care about little things like actually winning football games (a lot of 'em), and going to BCS Bowls and such, have a very different definition of the word. I take it you fall into the latter category, as do pretty much all the posters on this board. At least from what I can tell. Harry is conflicted. He likes the excitement of game day, and for the most part winning makes him happier than losing. But sometimes he'd just rather spend the day napping and licking his balls...
    Like trusty HWSNBN says, anytime you can lick your own balls in December it's special.

• Options
    TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Like trusty HWSNBN says, anytime you can lick your own balls in December it's special.

Take it to the Lick Your Own Balls bored or you're gone!