Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Terry Holliman: Do The Huskies Need a Different Kind of OKG?

Comments

• JustWinNowJustWinNow Member Posts: 357
    I agree. Pete needs to change his ways. Too bad he won't. Never has and never will. I wish he would. But odds are he will not. UW will never win a Natty under Petersen.
  • CaptainPJCaptainPJ Member Posts: 2,986
    We need a Daryl Daniels-type Alpha on this team badly.

Fuckers are so flat
  • Postal91Postal91 Member Posts: 1,803
    Meek said:

my fear is we have them but they're not allowed to be.

This. I imagine there is a 'nobody stands above the team' mentality that is beat into them.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    The leader stuff is only said because we lose. Nick Harris on offense. Myles Bryant on defense.

We don’t have a Tebow or Tui, but most programs don’t have a “vocal leader” that fans could come up with off the top of their head.
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    Tequilla said:

There’s truth in having diversity on the roster ... but that diversity isn’t what most talk about

The diversity is in the form of different backgrounds and aspirations, guys that are strong alphas, guys that bring people into the fight.

One of my biggest complaint when I look at the program right now is who on the roster right now is a vocal leader holding people accountable? Who is getting in someone’s face demanding better? Who hates losing more than they like winning?

That’s the kind of diversity that is missing in this program

Pete don’t like that kind of diversity. He prefers the docile lil fuckers that do not have the ballz to challenge pete to be a better coach.
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825

The leader stuff is only said because we lose. Nick Harris on offense. Myles Bryant on defense.

We don’t have a Tebow or Tui, but most programs don’t have a “vocal leader” that fans could come up with off the top of their head.

If Nick Harris and Myles Bryant are your leaders, then you aren’t going to be good enough
  • EmotermanEmoterman Member Posts: 3,333

Emoterman said:

I liked Trey calling Eason out for being a pussy until halftime at Arizona.

Petersen doesn't seem to kill the passion in kids, he might be guilty of not targeting them in general, but this year I think we can definitively conclude he kills morale with his intractable seniority fetish.
    Yeah, I think he equates brash and loud guys to not being a fit. I don’t really care tho. Pete has only himself to blame for the losses this year. Coaching decisions played a huge role in two of the losses. We have a lot more talent than Stanford too. Stanford sucks.
    This team could use a Gee Jr. This team did not recruit Gee Jr.
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825

Uncle Race happened to sneak into the practice, we talking about practice, where Stan Emptermann picked up a bench by one end and slammed it into the ground and cussed out the team and told them to get their heads out of their ass

Any coach will tell you that is so much more effective than a coach doing it

And also far more effective if your best players are doing that

That was my point with Harris and Bryant ... good players but athletically limited
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    edited October 2019
    Tequilla said:

If Nick Harris and Myles Bryant are your leaders, then you aren’t going to be good enough
    Not their fault Manu starts at ILB and we have nobody else. Not their fault Baccallia played almost every snap for most the season. Not their fault for the FS coaching decisions. They’ve done their part. Both are all conference players.

The leader of Death Row was probably Bierria. He was far from being the most talented guy on those defenses and probably was in the lower half.
  • whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,709 Swaye's Wigwam
    The last 3 seasons, the coaches have underachieved and mismanaged the team.

Remember when we were pissed in 2017 and 2018? Same shit as 2019.