Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Cali going as Venezuela this Halloween

WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 15,008 Standard Supporter
Power getting turned off again in Cali. What we need is government run health care for all and we could all be Venezuela.

Comments

• SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,942

Power getting turned off again in Cali. What we need is government run health care for all and we could all be Venezuela.

Yeah, but the "free" needles and shit in the streets never gets turned off.
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,526 Standard Supporter
    Will "Black Friday" in Cali be so named for darkness or plague?

Abundance?

• RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,474 Founders Club

Will "Black Friday" in Cali be so named for darkness or plague?

Abundance?

Racist!!!
    California can do whatever they want, except keep the power on when the wind blows.
    Speaking of California - Governor Newsome is going to investigate the high gas prices in California

I hear that he confessed it is the democrats fault

Speaking of California - Governor Newsome is going to investigate the high gas prices in California

Yeah, something tells me that he won't find the State's gas tax or the mandated fuel blends as the culprit.
  • SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,279 Founders Club

Shoe definitely fits.

https://youtu.be/HlTxGHn4sH4
  • SledogSledog Member Posts: 33,080 Standard Supporter
    You know what Californians used for light before candles? Electricity.
  • WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 15,008 Standard Supporter
    PG&E isn’t a particularly well run utility. On the other hand literally every major decision they make has to be approved by the dem appointees that make up the California Public Utility Commission. How much should they spend on vegetation management and what does the program consist of? Plan needs PUC approval. How much renewable energy from solar and wind do they need? Mandated by the state of California. How much can they charge customers for their power? Needs approval by the PUC.
    Leftards love to ignore this reality and blame the investor owned utility. Never the dems fault. Power didn’t use to go off in Cali when the wind blew. Now it does. Just like Newsome wants to blame big oil for the high Cali gasoline prices. Just ignore all the leftard state regulations on the type of gasoline that must be used and the cap and trade nonsense and the high state taxes on gasoline.
    Gas is cheaper in Topeka, Kansas than in downtown LA? Just ignore the difference in rent costs, minimum wage costs, worker compensation costs, zoning costs and all the other garbage that the state throws onto a private business. But Newsome needs to spend some more tax dollars to figure out how to blame big oil. Did you know the price differential between the Chevron station in downtown Portland and the Wilsonville Costco? 90 cents a gallon. Go figure. Like I said, leftards don’t do numbers and sh*t.

PG&E isn’t a particularly well run utility. On the other hand literally every major decision they make has to be approved by the dem appointees that make up the California Public Utility Commission. How much should they spend on vegetation management and what does the program consist of? Plan needs PUC approval. How much renewable energy from solar and wind do they need? Mandated by the state of California. How much can they charge customers for their power? Needs approval by the PUC.
    Leftards love to ignore this reality and blame the investor owned utility. Never the dems fault. Power didn’t use to go off in Cali when the wind blew. Now it does. Just like Newsome wants to blame big oil for the high Cali gasoline prices. Just ignore all the leftard state regulations on the type of gasoline that must be used and the cap and trade nonsense and the high state taxes on gasoline.
    Gas is cheaper in Topeka, Kansas than in downtown LA? Just ignore the difference in rent costs, minimum wage costs, worker compensation costs, zoning costs and all the other garbage that the state throws onto a private business. But Newsome needs to spend some more tax dollars to figure out how to blame big oil. Did you know the price differential between the Chevron station in downtown Portland and the Wilsonville Costco? 90 cents a gallon. Go figure. Like I said, leftards don’t do numbers and sh*t.

PG&E has spent billions on Green Energy projects, all of it either mandated by the state or signed off on by the state. How many billions has the state spent on their high speed rail project and bike lanes and light-rail? But the electrical infrastructure, as well as the roads and bridges and tunnels, and the water system have been left is disrepair despite the fact that we have some of the highest fuel and vehicle registration fees in the country.

This issue caught my wife's attention bigly. Greatest state in the union can't keep the power on without burning down the state.

After the 7.1 quake being a prepper was big in our house again. Now she is worried how we can use all our survival stuff without power.

As long as I can light the fresh bowl I don't mind warm booze. Was not the answer she was looking for

This issue caught my wife's attention bigly. Greatest state in the union can't keep the power on without burning down the state.

After the 7.1 quake being a prepper was big in our house again. Now she is worried how we can use all our survival stuff without power.

As long as I can light the fresh bowl I don't mind warm booze. Was not the answer she was looking for

Seriously thinking about getting a NG generator. This state is a fucking joke.
    SFGbob said:

Seriously thinking about getting a NG generator. This state is a fucking joke.
    Even if you have solar you need a generator because your solar needs the grid

Green old deal
  • ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325

No issue up here in old mossy Seattle.

Yeah but you live in Seattle.
    Sledog said:

Yeah. It’s awesome. Too many Californians, but aside from that...

Sledog said:

Don't forget to compost comrade!
    Sledog said:

Sledog said:

Don't forget to compost comrade!
    I’m sorry, is composting supposed to be your version of a diss on Seattle?

Try harder.