Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Bob Gregory got one thing right

2»

Comments

• RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    edited October 2019
    We’ve been kind of spoiled by our DB’s.. They make mistakes as freshmen. Sidney Jones has a few games his freshman year when he was pretty bad. I actually think McDuffie is better than Jones or really any freshman CB we have played. Murphy was about the same, but he was a R-FR. I even like McDuffie better than Taylor. He was a great pull.
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823

We’ve been kind of spoiled by our DB’s.. They make mistakes as freshmen. Sidney Jones has a few games his freshman year when he was pretty bad. I actually think McDuffie is better than Jones or really any freshman CB we have played. Murphy was about the same, but he was a R-FR. I even like McDuffie better than Taylor. He was a great pull.

IMO he is the best CB on the roster and it is not even close
  • EmotermanEmoterman Member Posts: 3,333

In my half-retarded and dazed Huskie recollection, McDuffie looks like he'll be the best CB we've ever had.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    edited October 2019
    Emoterman said:

In my half-retarded and dazed Huskie recollection, McDuffie looks like he'll be the best CB we've ever had.
    Ever is a big claim. Peters, King, Trufant, and Jones were all really good. That’s just in recent years. He’s better as a freshman than all of them tho. King took 3 years to even be good. Trufant played under horrible coaches and wasn’t great until his senior year. Jones got a little bit better each year.
  • chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,945 Swaye's Wigwam

Emoterman said:

Ever is a big claim. Peters, King, Trufant, and Jones were all really good. That’s just in recent years. He’s better as a freshman than all of them tho. King took 3 years to even be good. Trufant played under horrible coaches and wasn’t great until his senior year. Jones got a little bit better each year.
    In Kings defense he played safety under Sark. Pete's staff started him out at slot corner and he was pretty damn good at it as soon as he got healthy enough to play.
  • TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,893 Standard Supporter
    FirePete said:

Yeah he didn’t develop him lol.

Keyshawn and Azeem also regressed
    Thanks for reminding me. Shit. The situation at LB is even worse than I remember.

Fucking depressing given the history of UW LBs.
  • EmotermanEmoterman Member Posts: 3,333

Emoterman said:

That's why I limp dick'd it with those qualifiers, it IS a big claim. But, I think if he'd been starting all year, his performance would easily be All P12 worthy, and probably Freshman All American.