Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

It's hard...it really is

Since the advent of the playoff, very few teams have been in the playoffs. 10 different teams have appeared. I think we all need to take a walk and gain some perspective, myself included. Getting in the playoff is a very high bar. Winning the P12 championship should typically get you in, though.

I wonder if the BCS committee thinks that this is enough diversity of teams. I'd like to see us drop a conference game and add 1 more round to this.

BCS Playoff Appearances
Alabama (5)
Clemson (4)
Oklahoma (3)
Ohio State (2)
Oregon (1)
Washington (1)
Florida State (1)
Michigan State (1)
Georgia (1)
Notre Dame (1)

Title Games
Alabama (4)
Clemson (3)
Ohio State (1)
Oregon (1)
Georgia (1)

Titles
Alabama (2)
Clemson (2)
Ohio State (1)

3 of the 5 title games have been Clemson -vs- Bama

This year, we might see LSU or Penn State break in.

Comments

• YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 35,033 Founders Club
    PAC 12 champ is only 40% thus far on getting in.
  • DoogieMcDoogersonDoogieMcDoogerson Member Posts: 2,489
    And the two times the teams got in ( Washington in 16, Oregon in 14 ), each team had 1 loss going into the playoffs.

Small sample size but 1 P12 or OOC loss + Pac-12 championship should get you in.
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member Posts: 11,210
    I was thinking the same thing as I took a look at the top-5 in the polls today. It is pretty damn boring when you can not watch a game all season and know who 3 of the 4 playoff teams are each year.
  • 89ute89ute Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,477 Swaye's Wigwam
    4, 8 or 16 teams - the result will be the same. I don't like the idea of expanding the playoff. I'd like to see 8 bowl games, 5 conference champs plus 3 at large, then do a playoff from there. That's a hell of a lot of games, so maybe have every conference play 10 conference games and drop the conference championship game. I think a high percentage of the time you're not going to get much argument over who is the best team in any conference after 10 games have been played.
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,671 Standard Supporter
    Expand it to 8 team and if the PAC 12 champ gets repeatedly butt fucked, maybe it’s time to focus on being a basketball league again.